Lookin good

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 7:20 pm » by Drjones

Hey Guys, love the look of the new site, good job all round, definetely an improvement.
I have been pretty busy lately. Anyway i'm back and pleased to see we now have a dedicated section in the forum to health. :flop:

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Drjones wrote:Hey Guys, love the look of the new site, good job all round, definetely an improvement.
I have been pretty busy lately. Anyway i'm back and pleased to see we now have a dedicated section in the forum to health. :flop:

Ya pretty cool eh! Great to hear from you Dr.

Check out my post on refined table salt! Hurts

Writer

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm » by Whitecollarlol

Welcome back Dr Jones :)

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 7:57 pm » by Thruster

Nice to see you back, Doc!

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 8:11 pm » by Perronick

Hey, Doc, you lost a few stars. Are you still a conspiracy general or you been demoted?

Super Moderator

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm » by TheDuck

Hey Jonsey, what happened to the Avatar?
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

Jonesy

Super Moderator

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 pm » by TheDuck

Trying to come up with a "brain tea drink" to aid my Poker playing at the moment, been getting a list together the last couple days...

Some of the stuff I'll buy, dry out then soak in hot water in muslin bag like a herbal tea.

Here's some of the ingredients I've got so far:

Sage: Memory and mood

Rosemary: Memory

Saffron: Increased blood flow to the brain, which might help increase cognitive performance.

Honey: Memory and sweetness

Fruits

Blueberries/strawberries? Definitely wanna try get some Blueberries in there, great for the brain. (Apparently I can get Blueberry extract if I must) :flop:

Here's a couple of the chemicals, that I somehow came across whilst googling lol

Cognizin - This contains Citicolene, which is a form of Vitamin B. It is a proprietary compound that supports
production of energy in the brain.

Huperzine - This is an antioxidant that supports cognitivefunctions.

Vinpocetine - This is a nutrient that supports blood flow to the brain and therefore the brain receives a healthy supply of oxygen.

Got a few more things but this is the base for my train of thought at this moment in time. :mrgreen:

I'm not really too bothered about it tasting divine or anything tbh, its just a means to an end, that would be a bonus though lol. I'm sure I'll have to play around a bit.

Any ideas anyone? if I manage to make anything half decent I'll put the measurements and ingredients that I used in a new thread.

:think:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostFri Apr 27, 2012 11:55 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Theduck wrote:Trying to come up with a "brain tea drink" to aid my Poker playing at the moment, been getting a list together the last couple days...

Some of the stuff I'll buy, dry out then soak in hot water in muslin bag like a herbal tea.

Here's some of the ingredients I've got so far:

Sage: Memory and mood

Rosemary: Memory

Saffron: Increased blood flow to the brain, which might help increase cognitive performance.

Honey: Memory and sweetness

Fruits

Blueberries/strawberries? Definitely wanna try get some Blueberries in there, great for the brain. (Apparently I can get Blueberry extract if I must) :flop:

Here's a couple of the chemicals, that I somehow came across whilst googling lol

Cognizin - This contains Citicolene, which is a form of Vitamin B. It is a proprietary compound that supports
production of energy in the brain.

Huperzine - This is an antioxidant that supports cognitivefunctions.

Vinpocetine - This is a nutrient that supports blood flow to the brain and therefore the brain receives a healthy supply of oxygen.

Got a few more things but this is the base for my train of thought at this moment in time. :mrgreen:

I'm not really too bothered about it tasting divine or anything tbh, its just a means to an end, that would be a bonus though lol. I'm sure I'll have to play around a bit.

Any ideas anyone? if I manage to make anything half decent I'll put the measurements and ingredients that I used in a new thread.

:think:

Hey Duck I don't know what kind of honey you are using but I would recommend RAW honey as the best. It can be shipped if not available in your location. If you buy local honey it is said that it will really help with allergies.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm » by Drjones

Hey guys, honoured and humbled as always to receive your positive vibes.
To answer some questions, i see i am now just a master conspirator, so i have been downgraded for whatever reason... :oops: Anyway non issue. I try not to do labels. @Duck, a brain tonic mate. I'd DEFINETELY go for RHODIOLA ROSEA, and then add in some gotu kola, some bacopa and holy basil. Rhodiola was the very first herb i took many years ago that totally sent me on my way to changing my health. So initially you could just try the rhodiola. Iherb do some good brands. My personal favourite is by the Swedish Science Institute, they also do an adapt 232 formula with some ginseng and schisandra (also check schisandra out) that i use rather religiously during periods of heavy training, extremely nutritive to the adrenals, but day to day life is busy enough so great for that too. I will generally do a max three months with a one month break, this works well for me, although i'm not even sure a break from these herbs at a low dose is even necessary like the books and such suggest. They are tonic herbs that are completely non toxic to the body, helping it to adapt to stress, they work mate, seek them out try them and you can thank me later. ;-)

Oh, the last three substances i would'nt do. I've tried Vinpocetine and Huperzine, NOTHING. The other cognizin i have'nt tried and because i have'nt heard of it that usually means it does'nt work.

And the berries, definetely improve brain function but not in the same way as the tonic herbs, they are more protective than nourishing, i do both. Blueberries are my favourite, organic of course and out my own garden. Duck, goto garden bargains and buy their three blueberry bush set that come in a pot that they need not even grow out of, you'll get a stack of blueberries from them each year. Cost of the set i'm sure is £9.99 or thereabouts. :flop: