Looking for some help

brillbilly

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 2:37 pm » by brillbilly

hi immortal,you will not be able to meditate straight away as like most states of mind it must be practiced.there are many different way and forms of meditation but even if you just take 10 mins a day just to relax, try to breath calmly and if you get distracted put earphones on.if you have a favorate picture of a beautifull waterfall or beach then use the image in your mind,think about the beauty in the picture and how calm it it.this type of meditation is cauld visualisation,its the easyest for me but the main thing is to get 10 mins of just resting and see how you get on,the power of the mind is a very powerfull healer if trained right :cheers: ps if that fails then run hard head first in to a tree for a quicker out of body experience :flop: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 2:48 pm » by Blacky

darrylmckay wrote:This poor bastard, only joined today, this is his third post, and what does he get for his troubles, you and me being smart arses.

Oh weel may as well get him used to us early :nails:

ha ha lol! it was to easy to do though!!
train them early!!! :flop:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 2:50 pm » by Mep630

immortalgropher wrote:I was wondering if anyone here who is very experienced with meditation can help me?

Meditation is supposed to calm oneself and in turn ends up slowing heart rate down as if you're sleeping yes? whenever I attempt meditation my heart rate actually seems to go up.

I was just hoping that an experienced person could share with me techniques that work in a step by step process? Maybe I've been doing something wrong with my different trials of successful meditation.

I will say though that there are times where I'll feel my body begin to go numb, not sure if that is part of it or not, I don't believe so, whenever I attempt it's always before bed as I'm pretty busy with school and whatnot.

I would be looking to obtain a deep level of meditation eventually, and maybe experience an OBE in the future. For now, I just need something that will help me get into the meditative state and be able to stay in it.

first of all you have to be in a calm environment.

Then, you need to focus more on your breathing, in mouth, out nose, very slowly. And what you do is imagine the waves crashing in the beach, breathe in when the wave come to shore, and breathe out when they go back out. Try to picture real waves doing this, and slow your breathing to match the wave speed, which is slow. If you can't imagine waves, go get a visual reference and practice.

The point about meditation is not thinking of all kinds of crazy stuff when you do it, concentrate on the ocean waves as you do it and you should be fine.

and when all else fails, google it, and look up what other people say, I will assume you know how to use a search engine.
Last edited by Mep630 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

brillbilly

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 pm » by brillbilly

a> Mantra Meditation: The mantra meditation technique involves the conscious repetitions of certain sounds that appeal to the mind in order to achieve a meditative state. Mantra literally means ‘revealed sound’ or a combination of sounds that develop spontaneously. It is important not to confuse a mantra with religious chants. A mantra maybe given by a guru or may be a personally chosen sound or word, but the important thing is that it must appeal to the mind.

b> Trataka Meditation: The Trataka meditation technique is one that has been followed by many religious systems, including Sufism and Christianity. In this, a steady gaze is performed on any one particular object. Trataka is an established yoga cleansing technique and dedicated practice of the same takes it to the highest level of meditation.

c> Chakra Meditation: Chakras represent a higher level of energy manifestation and development of self. The meaning of the word ‘Chakra’ is a wheel. Each chakra represents the major nerve centers that branch off from the spinal cord, serving the major organs of the body. In all, there are seven chakras. The main aim of this meditation technique is to help individuals discover and explore their chakras, thereby awakening them on a conscious level in a balanced and integrated way.

d> Vipassana Meditation: The word Vipassana means ‘insight’. It refers to the ability to see things as they really are, attained through a process of self-observation. It means identifying one’s own nature, recognizing the bad elements and consciously eliminating them from the system. Vipassana is a meditation technique that is free of rites, helps develop wisdom and allows an individual to study different sensations in the body such as cold, pain, itching, etc.

e> Raja Yoga meditation: This form of meditation takes the yogi (person who practices meditation) through to a higher level of oneness and a greatly ennobling experience. It fills him with super-sensuous joy or bliss that elevates the mind away from pleasures of the flesh and reforms his bad habits. A Raja Yogi establishes a relationship with god and gives up all worldly pleasures and devotes all his energies to the spiritual awakening of fellow beings.
The above stated meditation techniques are merely a brief insight into each one of them. In order to understand them fully and to attain their benefits, one must learn the techniques under the guidance of a guru.A Simple Breathing Meditation
The first stage of meditation is to stop distractions and make our mind clearer and more lucid. This can be accomplished by practising a simple breathing meditation. We choose a quiet place to meditate and sit in a comfortable position. We can sit in the traditional cross-legged posture or in any other position that is comfortable. If we wish, we can sit in a chair. The most important thing is to keep our back straight to prevent our mind from becoming sluggish or sleepy.

The first stage of meditation is to stop distractions and make our mind clearer and more lucid.
We sit with our eyes partially closed and turn our attention to our breathing. We breathe naturally, preferably through the nostrils, without attempting to control our breath, and we try to become aware of the sensation of the breath as it enters and leaves the nostrils. This sensation is our object of meditation. We should try to concentrate on it to the exclusion of everything else.

At first, our mind will be very busy, and we might even feel that the meditation is making our mind busier; but in reality we are just becoming more aware of how busy our mind actually is. There will be a great temptation to follow the different thoughts as they arise, but we should resist this and remain focused single-pointedly on the sensation of the breath. If we discover that our mind has wandered and is following our thoughts, we should immediately return it to the breath. We should repeat this as many times as necessary until the mind settles on the breath.

Benefits of Meditation
If we practise patiently in this way, gradually our distracting thoughts will subside and we will experience a sense of inner peace and relaxation. Our mind will feel lucid and spacious and we will feel refreshed. When the sea is rough, sediment is churned up and the water becomes murky, but when the wind dies down the mud gradually settles and the water becomes clear. In a similar way, when the otherwise incessant flow of our distracting thoughts is calmed through concentrating on the breath, our mind becomes unusually lucid and clear. We should stay with this state of mental calm for a while.
Even though breathing meditation is only a preliminary stage of meditation, it can be quite powerful. We can see from this practice that it is possible to experience inner peace and contentment just by controlling the mind, without having to depend at all upon external conditions.

So much of the stress and tension we normally experience comes from our mind
When the turbulence of distracting thoughts subsides and our mind becomes still, a deep happiness and contentment naturally arises from within. This feeling of contentment and well-being helps us to cope with the busyness and difficulties of daily life. So much of the stress and tension we normally experience comes from our mind, and many of the problems we experience, including ill health, are caused or aggravated by this stress. Just by doing breathing meditation for ten or fifteen minutes each day, we will be able to reduce this stress. We will experience a calm, spacious feeling in the mind, and many of our usual problems will fall away. Difficult situations will become easier to deal with, we will naturally feel warm and well disposed towards other people, and our relationships with others will gradually improve. :headscratch: :banana: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 3:32 pm » by Darrylmckay

Now I am really not one to pick holes in spelling and typing, but for some reason I found this hilarious.

mep630 wrote:first of all you have to be in a clam environment.

Meditation beside the seaside?
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

brillbilly

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 3:35 pm » by brillbilly

darrylmckay wrote:Now I am really not one to pick holes in spelling and typing, but for some reason I found this hilarious.

lol lol sorry mep but its the sort of thing i would do and in that contex please forgive me for laughing,it was darryls fault lol :peep: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 3:42 pm » by Mep630

brillbilly wrote:
darrylmckay wrote:Now I am really not one to pick holes in spelling and typing, but for some reason I found this hilarious.

lol lol sorry mep but its the sort of thing i would do and in that contex please forgive me for laughing,it was darryls fault lol :peep: :cheers:

lol @ both of you, good to see people pay attention, and yes it was a error.
:ugeek:

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

brillbilly

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 4:01 pm » by brillbilly

mep its nice to know that we can have a chuckel and you take it with good intentions,glad people have a bit of humour :flop: :dancing: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 pm » by Blacky

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :flop:
nice one!

Initiate

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 pm » by Immortalgropher

i lol'd at the clam environment too. lol. I know all about newbie heckling :p.

There was indeed some helpful information here, I just need to try to focus more on the breathing while sitting.

:peep: <~~it's wilson. heidy-ho neighbor.
A Gropher is a distant relative of the Gopher species...:peep:

Previous

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook