Looking for some help

Initiate

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 am » by Immortalgropher

I was wondering if anyone here who is very experienced with meditation can help me?

Meditation is supposed to calm oneself and in turn ends up slowing heart rate down as if you're sleeping yes? whenever I attempt meditation my heart rate actually seems to go up.

I was just hoping that an experienced person could share with me techniques that work in a step by step process? Maybe I've been doing something wrong with my different trials of successful meditation.

I will say though that there are times where I'll feel my body begin to go numb, not sure if that is part of it or not, I don't believe so, whenever I attempt it's always before bed as I'm pretty busy with school and whatnot.

I would be looking to obtain a deep level of meditation eventually, and maybe experience an OBE in the future. For now, I just need something that will help me get into the meditative state and be able to stay in it.
A Gropher is a distant relative of the Gopher species...:peep:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 8:28 am » by Realorfake

cant help you there
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 am » by Darrylmckay

immortalgropher wrote:I would be looking to obtain a deep level of meditation eventually, and maybe experience an OBE in the future. For now, I just need something that will help me get into the meditative state and be able to stay in it

Dont know about an deep meditative state, but I find the best thing to use to have an OBE is alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol.

Sorry I was not more help.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 11:47 am » by Zegtelzegtel

you have to meditate every day....even if you if it doesnt work continue avery day ....one day you will be there. :cheers:

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 12:49 pm » by Neverbwtty

it just takes time,,i've been at it for over 20 yrs now,and i've had some obe's too.i don't know if you can make them happen or not .i can't it just happens..just keep on trying every day and it may happen to you too. meditate when you get home and not at bed time ,its to easy to fall asleep(for me thats what happens) good luck

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 1:12 pm » by Blacky

you tried LSD or shrooms??? lol
No sorry I wouldnt know where to start on this one! :headscratch:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 1:20 pm » by Darrylmckay

blacky wrote:you tried LSD or shrooms??? lol

Nice one blacky :flop:

We are nothing but helpful here on disclose :lol:
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 pm » by Blacky

darrylmckay wrote:
blacky wrote:you tried LSD or shrooms??? lol

Nice one blacky :flop:

We are nothing but helpful here on disclose :lol:

Try to be lol!! :flop:
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 1:28 pm » by Darrylmckay

This poor bastard, only joined today, this is his third post, and what does he get for his troubles, you and me being smart arses.

Oh weel may as well get him used to us early :nails:

Writer

PostMon Aug 03, 2009 1:29 pm » by Zaphod

Main thing is not to try and force it and just let things happen.
If your heartbeat goes up, don't worry (or it'll just go up further). If you lose concentration don't worry, just go back to your meditating when you become aware of it.
One thing you should avoid is meditating just before you have to sleep. Chances are you'll just fall asleep. Meditating also freshens you up, so that's another reason not to do it just before bed.
I often hit a wall about 5 minutes in to meditating and think to myself that I might as well give up because nothing is happening. 15 minutes later I come out of it without realising that time has passed.

Oh, and ignore the other asswipes on this page - they're all hopped up on LSD and mushrooms. :owned:

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook