Loughner is half Jewish. Anti-Semitism claim is bogus.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 2:19 am » by Harbin

http://cofcc.org/2011/01/loughner-is-half-jewish-anti-semitism-claim-is-bogus/
“Mainstream” media outlets, like Fox News, obviously did no research before they claimed “anti-Semitism” was a motive for the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who is half-Jewish.

“Tierney” is a friend of accused gunman Jared Loughner and possibly the last person to hear from him before the shooting.

From Mother Jones…

Tierney believes that Loughner was very interested in pushing people’s buttons—and that may have been why he listed Hitler’s Mein Kampf as one of his favorite books on his YouTube page. (Loughner’s mom is Jewish, according to Tierney.) Loughner sometimes approached strangers and would say “weird” things, Tierney recalls. “He would do it because he thought people were below him and he knew they wouldn’t know what he was talking about.”

Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 am » by Mediasorcerer

typical,they also tried to tie him in with conspiracy theorists,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 2:30 am » by Harbin

mediasorcerer wrote:typical,they also tried to tie him in with conspiracy theorists,

Check it, there is effort to tie his actions to Zeitgiest,The Movie:
http://www.breitbart.tv/zeitgeist-the-movie-according-to-friend-this-film-drove-loughner-over-edge/
Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 am » by Slith

Half Jewish is like being pregnant. Either u are or your not. C'mon

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 3:56 am » by Proto

Loughner NOT Jewish

Anti-semites, whitesupremacists and nazis have been quick to promote the notion that Loughner was Jewish, thereby apparrently removing any anti-semitic motivation for Loughner's attack (supposedly). But seems it just isn't true:

It is appalling how one comment---a friend of Jared Loughner telling a Mother Jones’ reporter that Jared Loughner’s mother is “Jewish”---goes viral in an instant.

In hours, "this fact" was all over on anti-Semitic sites. And, of course, there are the “commentators” who love to ‘blame the victim’ via some pop psychology theory that Jared acted out of “Jewish self-hatred.”

I figured that this was the moment to try and get “truth” dressed, and into the public arena a lot faster than usual. In other words, to use the tools of the internet to determine the veracity of what this friend told Mother Jones.

I cover Jews in popular culture for Jewish newspapers and I know how often famous people are mis-identified as Jewish or mis-identified as not Jewish. I also know that a lot of people are not outright lying about claiming someone is Jewish---they just get it wrong.

So, with my friend Michael, we ran down everything we could from public records on Jared Loughner’s mother’s family background. It took a lot of “search terms” and databases to find what we did.

Here’s what we found:

Jared Lee Loughner’s mother is Amy Totman Loughner;

Amy Loughner---Known Parentage from Public Records:

Her [Amy’s] parents were Lois May Totman and Laurence Edward Totman.

----Lois M. Totman died in 1999 and Laurence E. Totman died in 2005. Both were registered nurses. Laurence worked at a VA facility in Tucson. We both found this info via google news archives, social security death index.

From 1930 census records

Laurence E. Totman was born in Illinois in 1925.

His (Laurence’s) parents were Laurence A. Totman and his wife, Mary.

Laurence Totman pere (the elder) was born in Kansas to a Pennsylvania father and an Illinois mother. Mary was from Illinois, as were both of her parents.

A sister-in-law named Myrtle M. Brennan is listed as living with them also.

1920/1910 census records---Totman Family:

In 1920, Lawrence Totman, (Jared’s) great-grandfather, is living with his aunt, Rosa Clarke, who was born in illinois to two Irish-born parents.

Rosa is his mother's sister. On the 1910 census, his (Laurence, the elder) maternal grandparents are listed as Irish-born.

Father, Orvie Totman was born in Ohio to Ohio-born parents.

Amy Loughner’s Mother’s Line:

See obit, below, from Arlington (Illinois) Daily Record, June 24, 1999---Obituary of Helen Medernach of Virgil, Illinois. Helen was the sister of Lois M. Totman (the mother of Amy Totman Loughner). Helen was the great aunt of Jared Loughner.

As you can see, Helen’s funeral (mass) was held at a Catholic church. Helen (and Lois) were the children of Anton Bleifuss and Jessie Bleifuss (nee Anderson). Lois M. Totman died just days after her sister, Helen.

According to the census records, Anton Bleifuss was born in Bremen, Germany, to German parents. Jessie Anderson Bleifuss was born in Illinois to a father born in Denmark and a mother born in Illinois.

Conclusion---It is exceedingly unlikely that Amy Loughner has any Jewish ancestry. The only “line” not traced his Amy’s father’s mother’s family. The other three lines (Amy’s father’s father, Amy’s mother’s father, and Amy’s mother mother)---show, to all but the most obtuse, that these were/are not Jewish families. Moreover, it is quite clear that Amy’s mother, Lois Bleifuss Trotman, came from a Catholic family.

Also, we have this from an interview with the Rabbi of the synagogue that was claimed to be Loughner's mother's place of worship:

"We had a meeting of the Tucson Board of Rabbis. We all looked at our rosters from many years back. No one has ever heard of the family -- him, his parents, any of them. I can say with absolute certainty that we do not know him in pretty much the entire affiliated community."
I would add this: Bleifuss may be a Jewish name. (The noted investigative journalist, Joel Bleifuss, is Jewish.) Anton Bleifuss, Jared Lee Loughner's great-grandfather, might then have been Jewish -- but not so committed that he didn't defer to his wife when it came to raising the children as Roman Catholics.

As I noted in my earlier posting, Jared Loughner is not the most reliable of reporters, and Tierney's recollection was added as an aside. Mix into this the fact that Amy Loughner's brother is Anton Totman -- apparently named for his mother's father.

Loughner's family was in no way Jewish, nor was his mother -- but she might have mentioned her Jewish grandfather, beloved enough to live on in her brother's name, with pride or interest. Under those circumstances Loughner, who sought "chaos" according to Tierney, might have sought to provoke his mother and his uncle by pretending to admire (or actually admiring) Adolph Hitler. He might have told Tierney that his mother was Jewish as a shorthand, or might have seen her as Jewish -- like I said, not the most reliable reporter. Or he might have explained the lineage, and Tierney might understandably have conflated it as "mother Jewish."

So........seems he wasn't Jewish. I notice that Rivero is carrying this story about Loughner being Jewish as FACT. It's also appeared at Rense.com, with the attribution being Jamie Nazi Kelso's WhiteNews website. Kelso's website started this story.....and who is this Jamie Kelso, trusted by Rivero, Alex Jones and Rense?

Kelso joined the neo-Nazi group National Alliance in 2003. He then spent two years living in former Klan leader David Duke’s house while working as his personal assistant, all the while serving as a moderator for hate web guru Don Black’s forum, Stormfront. In 2010, Kelso joined the racist political party, American Third Position, where he is a key behind-the-scenes operative.

What a source! Trustworthy, of course......

http://the-last-blog-left.blogspot.com/ ... ewish.html
http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2 ... ot-so-much