Love = Fear

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 pm » by Newearthman

If you really love some thing than that love will be accompanied by an equal amout of fear, fear of losing what you love. Is this why Buddists seek to avoid all attachments in life and is this the only way to truely free your mind? Most people would say the meaning of life is to learn how to love but how do you love without the fear of loss? You could say that the feeling of love itself is just another chemical produced by the body that becomes an addiction of the highest level. We humans will do anything to preserve our love for one thing or another no matter what the cost. If someone really want's to achieve spiritual enlightenment would it not make sense to avoid feelings of love? It seems like love serves to limit one's true freedom through fear.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 pm » by Slith

newearthman wrote:If you really love some thing than that love will be accompanied by an equal amout of fear, fear of losing what you love. Is this why Buddists seek to avoid all attachments in life and is this the only way to truely free your mind? Most people would say the meaning of life is to learn how to love but how do you love without the fear of loss? You could say that the feeling of love itself is just another chemical produced by the body that becomes an addiction of the highest level. We humans will do anything to preserve our love for one thing or another no matter what the cost. If someone really want's to achieve spiritual enlightenment would it not make sense to avoid feelings of love? It seems like love serves to limit one's true freedom through fear.

Great post N.E.M. But love to me, has been proven to be a painstaking endeavor. I'm terrified of the word

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 pm » by The57ironman

.............you grow out of it.......
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm » by Slith

the57ironman wrote:.............you grow out of it.......

And fall into it............. Weird

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 pm » by Newearthman

Cool song Dlslith, I love (cough cough) this old school shit!

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 pm » by The57ironman

dlslith wrote:
the57ironman wrote:.............you grow out of it.......

And fall into it............. Weird

.......and that too...... :mrgreen:
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 pm » by Slith

newearthman wrote:Cool song Dlslith, I love (cough cough) this old school shit!

lol. I'm pretty old school, to say the least

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 pm » by Newearthman

I bring this up because I'm feeling very empty today. I love my dog more than anything else in the world and I'm terrified of losing him prematurely. The thing is tho I don't have much love for anything else (even my own family who are good people) and I feel like I want to leave my family life behind and explore the world without fear. The thing is they are not "awake" and cling to love for comfort. I see the big picture and the scope of the universe while my family see's the classic settle down with a job and start a family. I see myself as a temporary observer and realise life can end at any moment. I want to feel free and not restricted by the fear of loss but it's hard when everyone around you is caught up in the illusion of life in our society.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 pm » by Slith

newearthman wrote:I bring this up because I'm feeling very empty today. I love my dog more than anything else in the world and I'm terrified of losing him prematurely. The thing is tho I don't have much love for anything else (even my own family who are good people) and I feel like I want to leave my family life behind and explore the world without fear. The thing is they are not "awake" and cling to love for comfort. I see the big picture and the scope of the universe while my family see's the classic settle down with a job and start a family. I see myself as a temporary observer and realise life can end at any moment. I want to feel free and not restricted by the fear of loss but it's hard when everyone around you is caught up in the illusion of life in our society.

Look into your soul mon ami, this will pave the path. Trust me, I've been to hell and back and am still standing because I chose to love and live for me. If you don't look after number 1, then everything after will fail

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 9:13 pm » by kentrb

have some kids and it will all be made clear.the scariest words i ever heard were"i'm pregnant".
the fear left at the moment of birth.
the awe and wonder of love.
i'm not with the mother anymore,but still love her.i never lost her,she just had a different road to take.
our children bond us.theres a little pain about that,but not fear.
the love is well worth the pain.
fear has nothing to do with it (imho)

peace

Next