Machu Picchu build for surviving flood?

Initiate

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 pm » by Ziggy

zabernismer wrote:I do agree,the location are just perfect suited for escaping floods.
Take a look at this picture i link too,and you are able to zoom all over the place with super quality.
http://www.gigapan.org/gigapans/fullscreen/47942/

It must have taken a serious long time to get the mountainpeak down to this,so they must have been aware of some comming "events" in theire future.

"Again nobody knows the purpose they served to the Incan. Bingham thought it was Vilcabamba the old- the last Incan Capital. But afterwards it was proved that Machu Picchu is not Vilcabamba. So what is Machu Picchu? There is lot of speculation on the purpose it served. According to one theory, it was the royal retreat. Other theory states that it was a religious place. Also it is believed that it was an ancient fortress. Because of it's location, the city was easily defendable. Think of the steep trail and drawbridges - it was really difficult to conquer the city. But still nobody knows which theory is the true one. That is why Machu Picchu is so mysterious. "
http://www.machupicchu-inca.com/Machu-Picchu-history.html

:flop: Great link for the gigapan photo.................... but notice the animal cut in half in the lower centre..how did they manage that! lol
"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."

Bob Caron...." Don't be afraid to die....it's beautiful!

I'm getting the fuck out of Dodge!! Edit: I am now safely out of Dodge!

Writer

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 8:01 pm » by Zabernismer

but notice the animal cut in half in the lower centre..how did they manage that! lol

When taking panorama pictures like this,the photographer have to move to several spots to shoot from various angels.
The panorama pic is made later, with copy and paste em togheter :)

So if some ppl or object have moved,from 1 shot to the next,
things like this,might come out very strange.

There are some half lamas around the pic too hehe.

But guys, Take a look at the Mega carved stone at the left side on the pic i linked too.That stone must be several 10,s of tons.
If you cant locate it, see for a group of tourists there standing all waving hands in front of it.
Is it a "rolling" weapon? Undone work? hard to say..

Btw, the weather over there,are known for a super rainy place,last now in 2010.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35090990/ns/world_news-americas/

Upload to Disclose.tv

And here some floodpics from the area :
http://www.google.no/images?q=Machu+Picchu+flood&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nb-NO:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=18U5TYuAMsGcOuCNkfYK&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=6&ved=0CFwQsAQwBQ&biw=1280&bih=816

Keep digging "skiponline",this is getting interressting :look:

Initiate

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 12:48 am » by Skiponline

zabernismer wrote:
Keep digging "skiponline",this is getting interressting :look:

thanx for contributing,apreciate it.
Im putting some facts and known theories together in order to see why it wasn't functional as to survive a possible flood.

Just for now,from what I've read so far [my apologies for bursting possible bubbles here],the site would rather have been build for escaping and surviving "the white man's coming"

"Quechua Incan prophecies predicted the white man's coming would bring 500 years of materialism and imbalance. But now they say that era is coming to an end ..."
"We live in a time of the fulfillment of prophecy."

Connect this with :

"The Incas started building the estate around 1450 (but abandoned it as an official site for the Inca rulers a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest.)"

But besides that- ill soon post some side-fun on the matter; photoshopped pics of Machu Picchu with the sealevel risen untill a few meters below the construction as if a flood occured,work in progress...

All ideas welcome
Skip.
http://soundcloud.com/skiponline

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 am » by Slith

Egyptian pyramids, Inca pyramids, Mayan pyramids, Chinese and Russian pyramids. All built to stand the test of time. Machu Picchu is the tip of the iceberg. Literally

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am » by Constabul

check out stuff on puma punku, amazing stuff there.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 am » by Newdawnrising

Machu Picchu, flood

Current building of bunkers, worldwide :?:

If it isn't built or being built for protection from something other than war, then why built it in a place that is'nt easy to get to?

Somethings are known to be cyclic in nature, which is currently, only understood by approximation. This is a good post, thanks :flop:

EDIT: Sorry folks, the beers are going down too good.
Last edited by Newdawnrising on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 am » by Slith

constabul wrote:check out stuff on puma punku, amazing stuff there.

Upload to Disclose.tv

I saw this vid awhile ago and I am still mezmerised. Thanks for putting it up. Incredible stuff. How they achieved this is beyond comprehension

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 1:49 am » by Epicfailure

Maybe they just liked the view!

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 1:58 am » by Newdawnrising

I would love to go there, even if i am not an expert. I would still love to be with a team to get permission to explore for evidence of a flood. I would just love to dig around at ramdom elevations, the evidance imo may lie underneath the soil at perhaps 3 feet. It may not work, but it worked great here in NY for finding many clovis points. :)
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 3:36 am » by Svaha

Childress on megalithic structures :

Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

PreviousNext