Magnesium: The Fact That Can Kill You

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 2:37 am » by Spock

I found this article very interesting, as well, I started taking magnesium twice a day since last week, along with a beta blocker. As I said in the other thread, all my heart tests have come back healthy, although I did show signs of elevated adrenaline during another test, I did not test positive for anything to do with something going wrong with my adrenal glands either. But the halter monitor did not lie, and was able to record one of the "attacks" I have been having and pestering my doctor about for about 5 years now.

Everything will be fine, then, I start to feel a little anxiousness, but for no reason, then from a resting heart rate of around 70 - 80 BPM to 150 and above. So of course when this happens, your anxiety level increases, which releases more adrenaline, and the whole cycle feeds on itself.

So my wife just found this article and it could be a life saver.

Just a quick intro. If you have had blood tests, your standard tests can carry a false reading for your magnesium level. And if your heart is starving for magnesium, you could suffer an instant fatal attack.

Magnesium can be the one thing that can save someone from an instantaneous deadly heart attack. In fact, it could be the answer for an out of control arrhythmia.

Going back as far as 1990 the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that well over half of hospitalized patients were seriously low in magnesium.

Unfortunately, the reporting of these findings were not by the physicians in the hospital but by respected scientists and researchers doing the study.

The sad truth of it all is over 90% of these physicians never ordered any magnesium test.

Those having the lowest levels of magnesium had the highest risk of dying from a heart attack or a deadly arrhythmia while in the hospital.

Government studies prove the average diet provides less than a third of the magnesium you need in a day and its deficiency is a major cause of sudden death with no other obvious medical problems.

Even diabetics are at risk of developing deadly complications due to a deficiency in magnesium. A respected medical study reported that 77% of diabetics were deficient in magnesium.

Here is a fact that everyone MUST remember.

Do not accept that your magnesium levels are normal if your doctor has ordered the inferior "serum" magnesium test.

Here is the kicker!

If your serum magnesium levels are shown to be high your doctor may assume everything is fine and lead you to believe there is nothing to worry about.

This is 100% incorrect and could be deadly!

Why you may ask?

Because as the magnesium inside the heart cell goes down, the body tries to compensate. So the serum magnesium actually goes up!

This is an extremely important fact for you to know: the serum magnesium (called simply "magnesium" when you see your lab test) can actually be high or even too high, when at that same time your RBC magnesium (inside the heart cells) is so low you could have an instantaneous fatal heart attack.

Here is something even more frightening.

When your "intracellular" magnesium levels are low and you suffer a heart attack or an arrhythmia not even the easy access of a defibrillator or paddles can activate the heart back to life.

So the point is quite clear... never never never buy into "everything is just fine" if your doctor has ordered the worthless serum magnesium.

Unfortunately, the serum magnesium gives the unknowledgeable physician a sense of security when in fact they are clueless to the great harm they may be instilling on their patients.

The result of this lack of knowledge could be the patient dies or has a life threatening arrhythmia all because the wrong magnesium blood test was ordered.

If you want to be certain your levels of magnesium are well within the normal range, insist that your doctor orders the most accurate magnesium test and that is the red blood cell (RBC) essential mineral test. The RBC test can be ordered from http://www.metametrix.com or http://www.doctorsdata.com

Link: http://www.yourmedicaldetective.com/public/1141.cfm

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 3:08 am » by Spock

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 3:48 am » by Temps13

I used to take Magnesium & Zinc for weight training..& it stops the shakes you get from nervous exhaustion so some guy told me anyway..
Just watch minerals that can build up in the body such as Iron..good supplements should be relatively low in Iron if you're taking them regularly init
Its good to know stuff like this because you CAN NOT rely on your doctor in most cases..Doctors also HATE being told their job..I find this strange..I 've heard some bizarre nonsense from G.P.s in my time & it is worrying..
Alleopathic medicine is worrying full stop..cutting & drugging pff
So..the RBC mineral test-noted
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 am » by 99socks

I could probably go on and on and on about this...

Since y'all by now know the gist of my illnesses from "hell"... I became seriously aware of how minerals behave in the human body.

And it's not just sugar that is sucking up magnesium, but this is a great example of when doctors think they've found a 'cure' when the reality is, they've found the 'cause'...

For instance, ever wonder why magnesium salts of various forms are natural laxatives? Because they are not laxatives! If magnesium salts, milk of magnesium, epsom salts, etc "work" on you... it means you are MAGNESIUM DEFICIENT. Kinda like pro-biotics "cure" depression... Like seriously, go on the GAPS diet and throw out the pills!

Anyways, as for the serum level stuff... Serum levels are PART of an indicator for proteins and SOME hormones, but they are not the end-all, be-all. Doctors are not taught this in medical school. Case in point; I spent over 20 years trying to get a GP to give me a referral to an endocrinologist, to no avail. I have literally every symptom of thyroid disease- and have since I was 11 years old- yet round after round of T3 and T4 tests came back "normal." Physicians unfortunately believe that since the tests are normal, then there must be nothing wrong (and you are full of shit) since supposedly, T3 and T4 are what will "go" first before the other 6 or so other hormones (can't remember how many there are). When my nutritionist did my saliva, hair, and blood tests, she tested everything but 'serum' levels and had not only a more accurate idea of my lack of health, but could by my test results alone name every single health problem I had- even stuff I couldn't convince a GP was real (since they all thought I was a hypochondriac).

So, to circle around a bit... my sodium:potassium ratio is "inverted" severely, which means not only are their percentages upside down, but the cell walls throughout my body literally cannot pass hardly anything. Thyroid hormones definitely weren't getting IN to the cells, other nutrient and hormones weren't getting IN to the cells, oxygen can hardly get IN to the cells, and lactic acid and other waste products cannot get OUT. Is there any wonder why I've suffered from hypothyroid symptoms and severe exhaustion, and why 20 minutes at the gym results in me being bed-ridden for 3 weeks with excruciating pain and stiffness?

"It says here everything is normal. There is nothing wrong with you." :bullshit:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 10:33 am » by Spock

So it was a nutritionist that did your testing that found all your food allergies, or was that another one? At this point, I am ready to have every possible test I can.

I feel like the beta-blockers and magnesium are working, however, I wonder if it is just masking the problem or actually fixing it. I still get the racing heart and adrenaline, but it's like the meds put a governor on it, so they haven't turned into what I consider an all out "attack".

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 4:28 pm » by 99socks

Spock wrote:So it was a nutritionist that did your testing that found all your food allergies, or was that another one? At this point, I am ready to have every possible test I can.

I feel like the beta-blockers and magnesium are working, however, I wonder if it is just masking the problem or actually fixing it. I still get the racing heart and adrenaline, but it's like the meds put a governor on it, so they haven't turned into what I consider an all out "attack".

Yes, it was a nutritionist (who presents herself as a "holistic endocrinologist"- basically, mine focuses on hormones in the body), not a dietician. The difference is, a dietician creates meal plans according to specific nutritional needs, while a nutritionist studies nutrition as it relates to dis-ease.

And this is where I completely boycott ALL do-it-yourself nutritional advice from the internet, magazines, and even from health care practitioners who haven't run all of the tests. The reason is simple: nutrition literally is the smallest common denominator when it comes all of your body's systems. It's one thing to supplement with a pharmaceutical compound (a final product) vs. drastically change the percentages and ratios of the smallest compounds going in. I can't really explain it in words well, but a flow chart is a great visual example of basic biochemistry (which in this case, behaves like economics- supply and demand). At the bottom of the chart are base nutrients- vitamins (since most are taken from our food in their complete form), minerals, and proteins that we must ingest because we cannot manufacture them. Then it branches into different directions, each branch containing molecules that keep building together until eventually at the end of the branch you end up with some hormone or fancy protein molecule or whatever.

The problem is, yourself or your physician can see the symptoms and maybe the blood tests will show an excess or a deficiency in one of the hormones- they can "see" the end of the branch. When s/he prescribes a pharmaceutical medication to address this, they are basically adjusting the end of the branch- the symptom and not the cause.

However, a HUGE problem comes when you try to guess what is going on further down the branch. It might be true that you have a magnesium deficiency, but even that can be a "symptom" of a problem somewhere else. You see, if you don't know that you have an excess of one mineral that gets carried up a branch (let's say, branch A) that is a part of something bigger, and you load yourself with one other mineral (in this case, magnesium), believing that it is the cause of a specific hormone deficiency (which is at the end of branch B)... Then if that other mineral you have too much of in branch A is connected somewhere low on branch B, then natural biological processes are going to take everything that is available in B and give it to A... basically, FEEDING something you already have in excess at the end of branch A. You'll feel better for a while because branch B is getting a little more of what it needs... until a year or two later you end up with some other weird health problem (the symptom at the end of branch A) that you again, try to address "blindly" with another vitamin or mineral, and then a few years later you get another problem... It literally is a situation of keeping balance in the supply-and-demand aspect across ALL branches, literally, dozens of them.

THIS is the fundamental from biochemistry that barely no one in the public truly understands. As much as all of this NWO-control crap makes me sick, there really is a valid point to banning the sale of vitamins and minerals over the counter. It really does make people sick... but the illnesses are so nuanced that no one picks up on them. The only time we ever hear about it is when some body-builder overdosed on something, taking like 200,000% of the daily supply for months and months. Everyone just thinks that one person is insane and they'll just keep popping their regular vitamin or mineral pills because in the short-term- it really works!!!

The human body is not meant to be complicated. It is designed to regulate itself. In an ideal world, we wouldn't need labs and chemists to keep everything in balance. But, once you throw in all the chemicals we eat, environmental pollution, stress, artificial hormones and synthetic vitamins... then it all goes to shit. There is a tipping point at every point in each branch in that biochemical flowchart, where once crossed, the body can't magically do it on its own anymore.

I'll give you another example from me. According to my serum levels, I am normal in everything. Indeed, that is what the body's job is- make sure serum levels are normal AT ALL TIMES. So, in my case, while my cells aren't absorbing the nutrients they need, the body has to put all of this excess, unabsorbed nutrients somewhere- in this case, my hair. My body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do- and that is precisely why the average lab and uninformed physicians could never find my illnesses.

Now theoretically, in a healthy individual, their calcium to magnesium ratio is supposed to be around 40:6, or 6.6. Anything less than 3 causes all of the symptoms of another ratio imbalance problem- low adrenal function, poor digestion, inflammation (fibromyalgia), diabetes, kidney and liver stress, degenerative disease, cardiovascular stress etc... Anything greater than 10 causes insulin resistance, and anything greater than 13 is so extreme that it causes cognitive dissonance and in general, insanity (think something along the lines of nutritionally/chemically induced Borderline Personality Disorder in someone who is actually sane). Having some minerals in your hair is a good thing- it means that serum levels are remaining normal without compromising somewhere else.

To give you an idea of how sick I was, when I started, my Ca:Mg ratio was 244:16, or over 15. :o

My sodium to magnesium ratio was 0.12. The ideal is 4; a healthy range is 3-6. Anything less than 2 is adrenal fatigue, and extreme adrenal exhaustion sets in when the ratio is less than 1. I was 1/10th of that! (Actually, when her assistant first pulled my chart, she was amazed I wasn't in a coma).

In short, as bad as my calcium/magnesium/sodium/potassium levels were, that isn't where my therapy started. It had to start with iodide for my thyroid and adrenal and pancreatic enzymes literally just to get me out of bed, while I spent months on ultra-high doses of vitamin D3, Omega 3, and a low-dose of soluble calcium/magnesium/zinc - mostly for the zinc to counter a copper toxicity that I had acquired from poor liver function, and a liquid mineral salt combo.

Ironically, my nutritionist could also tell my liver wasn't working at all, because I had NO metals in my hair. Supposedly, that's the place to dump the junk...

.. but after a year and a half, when whatever happened that needed to happen for my liver to turn on, it did... and I had so much aluminum being filtered out (besides getting ill from it for a few weeks), I was sweating blue aluminum from the palms of my hands. At the last testing though, she wasn't happy that I still had aluminum, and she admonished me for using aluminum-based antiperspirants even though she doesn't have a clue what I have in my bathroom cabinet (so yes, you really can poison yourself with antiperspirants).

Anyways, I'm rambling at this point. I just want to bring out a little more info on just how critical nutrition is to health, and how fundamentally fucked up the allopathic medical system is for ignoring it.

So seriously, if your physician is smart enough to know your problems is a magnesium problem, then definitely go to the nutritionist. S/he probably won't take insurance, but office visits are about half of what they'd be for a doctor and most of the tests are about a 1/4 of what you'd have to pay at a lab (which sometimes your insurance will cover anyways if you go to an independent lab).
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 6:20 pm » by Spock

Well I'm sitting here now at the doctors, I just saw him and presented that magnesium report, he said tha even if that were the case with me, I am being treated for it already, he is convinced my issue is catacolamines, adrenaline, so I had just drank a nice tall jug of room temperature barium waiting to have yet anther CT scan, this one specifically on the adrenal glands.

My insurance company is probably cursing my companies coverage plan over me and al the crap I've had done thig year. Better safe than sorry though.

I felt great this morning. Got up at 4, took my beta blocker and magnesium, played guitar, walked 2 miles on the treadmill and came to work with a productive agenda, then on the way to work it came on again. The attack is just now leaving. Again it felt like I had gulped down an entire pot of espresso, and the slightest sounds would almost startle me. However, while going through that, my blood pressure was 116 over 65. Figure that shit out. The meds are keeping the my heart at bay, even though the rest of my body walks a razor.

I know, I know. Tiny violins engaged.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 16, 2013 6:44 pm » by 99socks

Spock wrote:
I felt great this morning. Got up at 4, took my beta blocker and magnesium, played guitar, walked 2 miles on the treadmill and came to work with a productive agenda, then on the way to work it came on again. The attack is just now leaving. Again it felt like I had gulped down an entire pot of espresso, and the slightest sounds would almost startle me. However, while going through that, my blood pressure was 116 over 65. Figure that shit out. The meds are keeping the my heart at bay, even though the rest of my body walks a razor.

I know, I know. Tiny violins engaged.

:scary: