making your own juice

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 am » by Fatdogmendoza

[quote="Spock"] except for the starving for a large slice of chocolate cake part.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 am » by Bleever

i do a lot of juicing too...I like to juice beets, funny thing is it comes out the same color it goes in...just thought i would share that fun fact.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm » by Bandanko

Celery, carrots, oranges, mint, lemons, cucumber, spinach, kale(cabbage for europeans), beets, apples, melons...

anything and everything gets thrown into my juicer. I watched a doc called; fat sick and nearly dead http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/fat_sick_and_nearly_dead_2010/

It prompted me to buy a juicer and go on a veg and fruit bender. i do feel a lot better for it only after 3 weeks.

Oh and I competley get what Spock said about the smell...

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 1:15 pm » by Spock

Bandanko wrote:Celery, carrots, oranges, mint, lemons, cucumber, spinach, kale(cabbage for europeans), beets, apples, melons...

That sounds like a really good mixture, I can't believe I've never considered adding oranges!

Another good one for when you have some lettuce, spinach or broccoli that may be starting to turn brown in the fridge and you don't want it to go to waste, is mix them with strawberries and pineapple.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm » by Bandanko

hey if it comes out of the ground and contains nutrients my juicer will annhilate it :) i bought a really powerful one. the only thing it doesn't do are bananas and mangos. but i dont often follow manafacturers guidelines so i might give them a try.

i actually tend to stick to veg/fruit that is the same colour. adding mint really takes the edge off of bitter veg. if its still too bitter, add kiwi's and apples

Initiate

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 pm » by Oreocannon

niggas wait. dont you know freezing vegetables/juices will kill its nutrients? How many vitamins survive after being frozen?
probably -50% vitamins. remember, when you freeze it its like only fructose remaining -_-
i mean even when you make the juice the vitamins start to die slowly

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 6:09 pm » by Spock

Calm down. It doesn't lose ALL it's nutrients or enzymes, however it does lose some. It is better to drink it immediately and it's also better to get some of the fiber in it, but not mandatory for the benefits.

It's difficult to work juicing and cleaning the juicer into an everyday routine for me - it's a pain in the ass, that's why I elect to freeze. Plus I get plenty of fiber, so I'm not concerned about that.

What people should really be concerned about it the amount of fruit they juice, because to get a semi-full glass of fresh squeezed fruit juice, you are really going to take a massive sugar hit to the pancreas as it takes quite a bit of fruit to fill up that glass. If you simply use fruit to sweeten the greens, to make them less nauseating, then your okay.

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 6:56 pm » by domdabears

:lol:

Spock, if you're not gonna do it right (his way), then don't do it at all!

Kidding.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:04 pm » by Oreocannon

why dont you just make 20 bottles and boil them so they get sealed and preserved?
then you open a bottle whenever you want
i have a blender so its kinda easier for me

PreviousNext