making your own juice

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:14 pm » by Alexrubic

I would imagine that boiling bottles of freshly squeezed juice is going to destroy more vitamins than freezing it! Boiling subjects it to higher temperatures than the pasteurisation process commercially applied, which is often accused of destroying vitamins and denaturing 'raw enzymes'!

Interesting that people have mentioned how foul some of the vegetable juice blends taste without some fruit added to the mix to sweeten it. Generally speaking, a bitter taste is a sign of toxicity!

There may be some hormetic benefits to drinking these concoctions occasionally in small doses but I doubt there is much in the way of miraculous health benefits in drinking this stuff regularly in copious amounts.

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:19 pm » by Spock

Don't be pissin on my parade! If I decide to do something, it's always in copious amounts.

As far as the bitterness, that is the Kale, I've never tasted Kale being anything but bitter.

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:27 pm » by Oreocannon

Alexrubic wrote:I would imagine that boiling bottles of freshly squeezed juice is going to destroy more vitamins than freezing it! Boiling subjects it to higher temperatures than the pasteurisation process commercially applied, which is often accused of destroying vitamins and denaturing 'raw enzymes'!

Interesting that people have mentioned how foul some of the vegetable juice blends taste without some fruit added to the mix to sweeten it. Generally speaking, a bitter taste is a sign of toxicity!

There may be some hormetic benefits to drinking these concoctions occasionally in small doses but I doubt there is much in the way of miraculous health benefits in drinking this stuff regularly in copious amounts.

so you are saying that eating real fruits and vegetables everday is bad for us...and we should eat mcdonalds more often and buy store fruit juice with high fructose corn syrup?

are you...paid to post here?

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:50 pm » by Alexrubic

Oreocannon wrote:[A]re you...paid to post here?

:lol: I wish...if that was the case I would post more often!

Oreocannon wrote:...so you are saying that eating real fruits and vegetables everday is bad for us...

I'm not saying it is bad - I am just questioning whether it is as 'good for you' as mainstream nutritionists and government health advisors would have us believe (because we know they all have our best interests close to their hearts!). There are very few studies that have looked at the health benefits of regular, high fruit and vegetable consumption. Of the few that have, most show that consuming them a couple of times per week has the most benefit (look up 'hormesis'). One showed that those on a 'fruit and vegetable elimination diet' had greater levels of antioxidant activity in their blood!

Oreocannon wrote:...and we should eat mcdonalds more often and buy store fruit juice with high fructose corn syrup?

I did not say that and I do not no how you came to infer that from what have said! If that is the diet that you normally eat and you suddenly switch to one exclusively made up of raw fruit and vegetables or their juices, then you are bound to feel better. But is that because of the fruit and vegetables or because you stopped eating the junk?

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm » by Harbin

Oreocannon wrote:shit spock....you actually contributed?

:lol: No shit ! :shock:
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 4:55 pm » by Perronick

Tannins are bitter and are one of the most healthy and pleasant things in life ----> Wine.

If you don't like wine or you are under aged, peal an apple and let it darken/oxidize. The darkened part are alcohol-free tannins.

You're welcome ;D

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 5:50 pm » by Termite

Here's my daily smoothie recipe, been doing it for 3 years now, makes enough to have one for all 3 meals.

Bananna
Melon(cantelope, honeydew, or whatever is available)
Kiwi
Strawberry
Blueberry
Blackberry
Raspberry
Carrot
2 mushrooms(for vitamin d and selenium)
Spinach
Cherries(when available)
1/2 tsp of fish oil
1 cup Almond milk or soy milk
1 orange
1 slice lemon

Blend on high until liquified

Makes enough to fill me up for 3 meals and at night I eat a can of smoked oysters.

On weekends I eat a regular meal for dinner and bagels for breakfast.

Previous