Man held after crop circle shooting

Initiate

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 1:23 am » by lightsinthesky

A man has been arrested after allegedly firing a shotgun at people visiting a crop circle. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Man held after crop circle shooting
Related content

* Crime Gangs Face Al Capone-Style Crackdown
* Force to extend stun gun training
* Man charged with Manchester gun murder
* Related Hot Topic: Gun Crime

Have your say: Gun Crime

The 62-year-old reportedly hid in a tent in the centre of the circle before jumping out and firing over the heads of a group of tourists, thought to be from Norway.

The incident happened following the appearance of a crop circle in fields close to the village of Allington, near Devizes, Wiltshire.

The group of tourists fled and called police, who sent armed officers and a helicopter to the scene at around 2pm on Monday.

The 300ft crop circle is thought to be of an ancient bird.

Nearby Cannings Cross Farm lost thousands of pounds worth of crops in 2007 after a 500ft pattern appeared in a field.

Wiltshire Police said a 62-year-old man, from Oldham in Lancashire, had been arrested for possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

He has been released on conditional bail pending further inquiries.

A spokesman for the force could not confirm whether the man worked on the land.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090715/tu ... 23e80.html

:dunno:

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 1:30 am » by Hesop

That story would read quite differently if it happened in the SW U.S here.

brillbilly

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 1:40 am » by brillbilly

well he wasnt the local farmer as devizes,wiltshire is over 160 miles away from lancashire :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 1:50 am » by Rizze

hesop wrote:That story would read quite differently if it happened in the SW U.S here.

Hesop, I suppose it would read .... something like this

A suspected gunman who opened fire near the US Capitol building in Washington DC has been shot and killed by police.

Police temporarily sealed off some of the entrances to the Capitol, home of the US Congress, following the gunfire.

The unidentified 35-year-old suspect was shot after brandishing a weapon, police said

He died shortly after the incident, in which eyewitnesses said multiple gunshots were fired.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090715/twl-suspected-gunman-near-us-capitol-sho-3fd0ae9.html

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 am » by Rizze

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 2:16 am » by Newearthman

Good for crop circle publicity. I think once the movie 2012 comes out crop circles and other conspiracy info will go completely mainstream (not that there arn't enough movies like that out already) 2012 is just around the corner and things are heating up :hell:

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 2:20 am » by Hesop

I took it to sound like he was the farmer there. Guess I read it wrong, my bad.

No, the papers here would print a story, WARNING trespassers to stay off any land that doesn't belong to them , without permission from the owner. It's just damn common sense, no matter whats out there.

But seriously, he wasn't the farmer? Then WTF? No logical explanation for his actions?
Nahhhh, here it is.
Sounds like the farmer had an arrangement with him to keep trespassers off his ground.

'When I asked him if he was the farmer, he said that he was engaged by the farmer to prevent anyone from visiting the crop circle.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0LNPZTwLZ

But the owner of the field, Richard Oram, claims that he had simply been shooting at pigeons with his brother Sid.

'Sid is ex-firearms,' the farmer said. 'He's always shooting pigeons and rabbits on our farm. He and his brother both had permission to be there.'

Mr Oram that after the circle appeared last Thursday, the disturbed area of land would have attracted plenty of birds to feed on the seeds and insects.

He admitted that crop circles are a problem for him.

'This one alone will have caused £1,000-plus damage,' he said.

Another worker at the farm near Devizes, Wiltshire, described the crop circle as vandalism and said: 'If people go nosing around on other people's land they are trespassing and will be removed.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0LNPMecPP

Seriously though, a warning shot here, is just that, NOT in the direction of people. Straight up, or straight down. Seems like the laws favor the intruders there, no mention of them being charged with illegal entry. So does this back up the story then, or give more credence to the point that tourism dollars are behind the circles?
Yeah, I know, what the guy did wasn't right, just here, he wouldn't have been charged, it would be the trespassers jailed. ESPECIALLY if they were from out of town.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 am » by Drextin

Excellent point hesop. You don't trespass on someone else's land then run to the police when you are chased off. Especially on farmland..............no scratch that.......already vandalized farmland.

Anyone else find it funny that the police were so quick to act in favor of the trespassers? Seems to me they can't afford to let things like that happen or they might start to lose tourism money.

Either way there are a lot of fishy things going on with that area.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

brillbilly

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 3:20 am » by brillbilly

drextin wrote:Excellent point hesop. You don't trespass on someone else's land then run to the police when you are chased off. Especially on farmland..............no scratch that.......already vandalized farmland.

Anyone else find it funny that the police were so quick to act in favor of the trespassers? Seems to me they can't afford to let things like that happen or they might start to lose tourism money.

Either way there are a lot of fishy things going on with that area.

drex you are so right about fishy things going on in that area and i can tell you that in some of these places and surrounding areas we have RAF WELFORDnow under NSA control.PEASMORE 1 of the biggest ammo storage units in europe.RAF LYNEHAM under NSAcontrol and near we have RAF FAIRFORD now USAF and RAF BRIZE NORTON a shares RAF/USAF BASE,just 30miles we have HARWELL LABS that have headquarters of NATIONAL CHEMICAL EMERGENCY CENTER,the ISIS NEUTRON SCATTERER the UKAEA united kingdom atomic energy authority.CULHAM LABS that provide for the pharmaceutical industry ie glycobiology.and down the road ALDERMASTON under LOCKHEED MARTIN.ammo storage and burghfield which is 1 of the uks biggest NUKE sites, so as you can tell in a 50 mile radius from wiltshire all this is around there :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 16, 2009 3:28 am » by Realorfake

Who cares??

It'd be one thing if an alien stepped out of a tent and fired a ray gun.

But some ass loser 3 years pre senior citizen fired off a shot gun...
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Next