Man may have pulled gun as Obama passed near Ground Zero

Super Moderator

PostThu May 05, 2011 10:34 pm » by domdabears

Witnesses say man may have pulled gun as Obama motorcade passed near Ground Zero

NEW YORK — Authorities apprehended a man who witnesses say may have pulled a gun out of a backpack as President Barack Obama's motorcade passed today in New York.

The man, who wore a blue hat, had dark curly hair and appeared to be in his 20s, was wearing a backpack. New York Police Department officers and Secret Service agents shouted, "Get down, get down," and tackled the man at the corner of Church and Vessey Streets in lower Manhattan.

Obama had just left the World Trade Center site and his motorcade was turning from Vessey Street to Church Street when the incident occurred in front of the Church Street Station Post Office.

The man was taken into the post office as dozens of officers from various organizations arrived to assist.

Two photographers, from the New York Daily News and the Associated Press, snapped photos of the man as he was taken down. They went into the post office with police to show them the photos.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 ... _witn.html
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostThu May 05, 2011 10:41 pm » by domdabears

A Daily News photographer captured this dramatic photo of cops tackling a suspicious man riding his bike on the sidewalk near President Obama's appearance at Ground Zero Thursday.

Photographer Bryan Smith was working the scene on Church St. when he suddenly saw the person who had a messenger bag slung over his shoulder.

The man was walking his bike toward the World Trade Center, saying "Secret Service, Secret Service coming through."

Cops quickly tackled the man, wrestling him to the sidewalk. One cop kept his weapon aimed at the man, while another officer searched his bag. He was whisked away and questioned by police.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... z1LVlOkdro
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostThu May 05, 2011 10:46 pm » by Hybridtheory

damn..that dood could of saved the world or at least done us one hell of a favor lol
lol kinda looks like john titor lol
Last edited by Hybridtheory on Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Conspirator

PostThu May 05, 2011 10:48 pm » by Cornbread714

It sounds like he was maybe just trying to get to work or something and said the wrong thing.

I can imagine myself doing the exact same thing to get through the crowd. Interesting how it turned into him "pulling a gun".

I'm not saying that it wasn't sort of stupid to say "Secret Service coming through", but it seems like this got blown way out of proportion by the onlookers. The Secret Service guys were just doing their job, I guess...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostThu May 05, 2011 10:49 pm » by TheDuck

He either DID, or DIDN'T pull a gun, there is no may. :nope: :D
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm » by Svaha

What can you do with a gun to an armored car? makes no sense to me.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostThu May 05, 2011 11:22 pm » by Endless16

"The man was walking his bike toward the World Trade Center, saying "Secret Service, Secret Service coming through.""
:clapper: