Manly P. Hall - What is Love?

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:18 am » by domdabears

Travvysavvy wrote:

You guys are damn good parents. Those are the best answers I've heard for the questions asked.

Hats off to you guys.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:19 am » by Poooooot

domdabears wrote:Anyone see this movie?

Its really good

I saw that in the theater when I was a kid. I thought I was sooo cool for seeing an R rated movie lol
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:28 am » by Iwanci

Truth is that none of us will know how we will react 'if' our child becomes a mass murderer until it happens.

I would like to think that after the initial shock and distancing etc etc that the deep love is still there. Not to say that you would ever agree, nor perhaps even talk to your child,... but love is love and it would be there, imo.

The whole premise about most of the religions you all believe in (for those that do) is around the notion of love... there is NO unconditional or conditional love, there is just love... not to be confused with what some 'see' as love; ie, love for a job, love for a car, love for a food etc etc..or indeed the 'like' of someone.

Trying to explain the often unexplainable is difficult indeed...

Harbin, you sir are a clown, and I mean that... unconditionally... :alien51:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Master Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 am » by Cornbread714

Iwanci wrote: there is NO unconditional or conditional love, there is just love.

Harbin, you sir are a clown, and I mean that... unconditionally...

I totally agree with both statements.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:51 am » by Noentry

I agree unconditional love is a dream, for me love is an illusion.

But Iwanci I do not need my son to become a mass murderer to know. I know it would change how I feel for him.

A kid is not the same as an adult. Both can be are your child.

I know there is a limit as to how far my love for an adult child of mine will go. I am a realist.
If we are honest love only goes so far and more often then not ends at the grave.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 am » by Iwanci

I disagree noentry.. I have 3 kids, 2 are adults 1 is a child... I love them all the same still today. The adults are a pain in the ass, but I love them just as much as I love my child.

With regards to love ending at the grave? I know a man who's wife past away approximately 2 years ago, he still goes to her grave site and sits there and cries, he misses her so badly that it is unbearable for him, he wishes he was dead to be with her again....

I respect your opinion on the matter of love btw, everyone is entitled to think of it as they wish because love is an amalgam of emotions that have been built from experiences since we were born, it stands to reason therefore that we all see it differently, but i will remind everyone of ONE important fact in this particular argument... there is NO right nor wrong answer, Love or the perception of love is unique to the individual and the meaning of love varies greatly.

And here is one further contradiction... how much pain and suffering has been inflicted on mankind in the name of love? Love has been used as the panacea of much suffering, from a man killing a child or a spouse in the name of love, to a church killing thousands in the name of love etc etc.

So you are not wrong in your opinion Noentry, you are quiite right, but only in as much as it affects you personally.. to others, you too are all correct in your views on this topic...

Step right up, step right up..... everyone's a winner...... :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 am » by Noentry

Iwanci well said my friend. It is a mater of perception. What is right for me is not necessarily right for you.

Yes the ones we leave behind still may have the emotion of love, but the person who is dead does not. And when the woman dies her love will end too.

edit...
When I distinguished between children and adults. it is not about the feeling for them it is what we would be willing to forgive them for. A child lies or steals then it can be excused, if an adult does it they go to prison and never to be trusted again. I dont mean love I mean what you are likely to forgive them for.
Last edited by Noentry on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 4:19 am » by Iwanci

I believe that with my death you will ALL die... so you all better be nice to me... when I go, your world ends...

:alien51:

Noentry, spoken like a true gentleman.... :cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 am » by Noentry

Iwanci wrote:I believe that with my death you will ALL die... so you all better be nice to me... when I go, your world ends...

:alien51:

Noentry, spoken like a true gentleman.... :cheers:

HAHA the bottom line. that is the reality of life. :clapper:

A. A. Milne

Master Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 4:26 am » by Cornbread714

I believe that love exists outside the linear time frame.

I have been in love so deeply that I knew, and I mean really knew that the love I felt and shared was eternal.

But in the linear frame, that love seemed to have become lost.

I think that's why it hurts so much. You know it was/is real, but it can seem to disappear.

Disappearance is different from non-existence, though...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

PreviousNext