PostSun Feb 03, 2013 5:10 am » by Harbin

Cornbread714 wrote:
Harbin wrote:Not love, bro.

Let's call it "tough love". :alien51:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 am » by Akashicrebel

Thank you everybody, that was a great reading, and a very interesting points of view. I find myself agree with all the opinions and that is because... What if "love" is another one of this things like "god" and "freedom" , that any definition by outside source, without the total self observation will be just another "control tool" of the smart and strong on the weak ignorance mind?
A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 am » by Iwanci

Corn, I agree with your comments, but here's another curve ball...

What is love without hate? Can we have love without hate? I think we can, but at that point we may not label it 'love' it may just be the presence of being... and what a great presence that would be if we never needed to distinguish it because that is all we were familiar with.

Harbin, you sir are a clown... lucky for you.. I like clowns, I have a soft spot for them, pray I never get a hard on for them.... :alien51: :alien51: :alien51: I said I believe in Love... I never said I loved you... :mrgreen: In fact, my swipe at you was in retaliation to your previous swipe at me.. so yee shall dish so yee shall be served... :alien51:

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Cornbread714 wrote:I believe that love exists outside the linear time frame.

I have been in love so deeply that I knew, and I mean really knew that the love I felt and shared was eternal.

But in the linear frame, that love seemed to have become lost.

I think that's why it hurts so much. You know it was/is real, but it can seem to disappear.

Disappearance is different from non-existence, though...

Totally agree :flop:
Akashicrebel wrote:Thank you everybody, that was a great reading, and a very interesting points of view. I find myself agree with all the opinions and that is because... What if "love" is another one of this things like "god" and "freedom" , that any definition by outside source, without the total self observation will be just another "control tool" of the smart and strong on the weak ignorance mind?

I personally think love in terms of emotional addiction is very much capable of being a tool for control, def.

Harbin wrote:
Cornbread714 wrote:You guys all know I'm a cynical bastard, but I'm pretty sure love is the creative force that built this universe.

It took a lot of heartbreak, acid trips and serious speculation to come to this conclusion, but I truly believe it.

God, creation, love, awareness, compassion are all the same thing to me.

Don't be afraid to love.

Don't be afraid to fail at love.

All there is, is more love.

Trust me. :alien51:

Nice and all good except for the "trust me :alien51: ".

Well said

:sunny:

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 pm » by Elnorel

Noentry wrote:Love is an illusion.
It is transitory.

Only a limited species could believe in love.

Love is important.
No lower animal knows love, they know obedience, they know trust, they know loyalty.

Love was put into us from our creator (and no im not speaking about a mythical biblical diety here) and it creates a chemical imbalance in our brains.

NOW, how individual copes with this imbalance denotes how "LIMITED" he/she is.

Overal if managed correctly it binds our culture together and as a sidefect the procreation feels a bonus too.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm » by domdabears

A New Definition of Love: Real Love

There’s only one kind of love that can fill us up, make us whole, and give us the happiness we all want: unconditional love or true love. It is unconditional love that we all seek, and somehow we intuitively realize that anything other than that kind of love isn’t really love at all—it’s an imitation of the real thing.

Unconditional love—true love—is so different from the kind of love most of us have known all our lives that it deserves both a name—Real Love—and definition of its own: Real Love is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what we might get for ourselves. It’s also Real Love when other people care about our happiness unconditionally. It is not Real Love when other people like us for doing what they want. Under those conditions we’re just paying for love again. We can be certain that we’re receiving Real Love only when we make foolish mistakes, when we fail to do what other people want, and even when we get in their way, but they don’t feel disappointed or irritated at us. That is Real Love (true unconditional love), and that love alone has the power to heal all wounds, bind people together, and create relationships quite beyond our present capacity to imagine.

What we Do Without Real Love: Imitation Love

If we don’t have enough Real Love in our lives, the resulting emptiness is unbearable. We then compulsively try to fill our emptiness with whatever feels good in the moment—money, anger, sex, alcohol, drugs, violence, power, and the conditional approval of others. Anything we use as a substitute for Real Love becomes a form of Imitation Love, and although Imitation Love feels good for a moment, it never lasts and never gives us the feeling of genuine happiness that Real Love provides.
Most people spend their entire lives trying to fill their emptiness with Imitation Love, but all they achieve is an ever-deepening frustration, punctuated by brief moments of superficial satisfaction. All the unhappiness in our lives is due to that lack of Real Love and to the frustration we experience as we desperately and hopelessly try to create happiness from a flawed foundation of Imitation Love. The beauty of Real Love is that it ALWAYS will eliminate our anger, confusion, and pain. So how do we find this universal cure?

http://www.reallove.com/about.asp
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm » by Kinninigan

domdabears wrote:A New Definition of Love: Real Love

There’s only one kind of love that can fill us up, make us whole, and give us the happiness we all want: unconditional love or true love. It is unconditional love that we all seek, and somehow we intuitively realize that anything other than that kind of love isn’t really love at all—it’s an imitation of the real thing.

Unconditional love—true love—is so different from the kind of love most of us have known all our lives that it deserves both a name—Real Love—and definition of its own: Real Love is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what we might get for ourselves. It’s also Real Love when other people care about our happiness unconditionally. It is not Real Love when other people like us for doing what they want. Under those conditions we’re just paying for love again. We can be certain that we’re receiving Real Love only when we make foolish mistakes, when we fail to do what other people want, and even when we get in their way, but they don’t feel disappointed or irritated at us. That is Real Love (true unconditional love), and that love alone has the power to heal all wounds, bind people together, and create relationships quite beyond our present capacity to imagine.

What we Do Without Real Love: Imitation Love

If we don’t have enough Real Love in our lives, the resulting emptiness is unbearable. We then compulsively try to fill our emptiness with whatever feels good in the moment—money, anger, sex, alcohol, drugs, violence, power, and the conditional approval of others. Anything we use as a substitute for Real Love becomes a form of Imitation Love, and although Imitation Love feels good for a moment, it never lasts and never gives us the feeling of genuine happiness that Real Love provides.
Most people spend their entire lives trying to fill their emptiness with Imitation Love, but all they achieve is an ever-deepening frustration, punctuated by brief moments of superficial satisfaction. All the unhappiness in our lives is due to that lack of Real Love and to the frustration we experience as we desperately and hopelessly try to create happiness from a flawed foundation of Imitation Love. The beauty of Real Love is that it ALWAYS will eliminate our anger, confusion, and pain. So how do we find this universal cure?

http://www.reallove.com/about.asp

i agree with that...its just 90% of the time the word love is thrown around without any real meaning

you cant love tacos the same way you love your son!

:flop:
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 5:32 pm » by Zer0

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Love.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 6:29 pm » by Akashicrebel

Otoel wrote:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Love.

A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 7:15 pm » by Noentry

Elnorel wrote:
Noentry wrote:Love is an illusion.
It is transitory.

Only a limited species could believe in love.

Love is important.
No lower animal knows love, they know obedience, they know trust, they know loyalty.

Love was put into us from our creator (and no im not speaking about a mythical biblical diety here) and it creates a chemical imbalance in our brains.

NOW, how individual copes with this imbalance denotes how "LIMITED" he/she is.

Overal if managed correctly it binds our culture together and as a sidefect the procreation feels a bonus too.

I agree with you love is real as an expression of a strong connection.

As in the love of the creator I do not see it. The universe is not emotional love.

A meteor may hit this planet destroy all life all part of creation, is that love?
If the creator loves then why does he allow children to be raped and tortured, why do children die horribly?
Yes I can hear you already it is man that is imperfect. Then why did the creator not make us perfect?

Where is the love?

Love( as in universal love) is just a way of explaining reality that man can wrap around his limited mind, but really when you come down to it so is hate. Both are just an illusion of the mind. Like pain.

The universe/creation/creator does not love.
I can accept man or woman can love but it is just a chemical reaction, nothing magical about it. But it only exist in the mind.

Elnorel your opinion is just as valid as mine, there is no answer to this mystery, all we have is opinion and belief.
:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

PreviousNext