Mars Cavern.. Is There Life Down There?

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:26 pm » by Aragajag

If you go to the link you posted and have a look at the area in infrared there appears to be some cavern to the north and strange marks on the ground in the general area. Pity not all is infrared as there is lots of missed passovers.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 pm » by Aragajag

Sorry slush its embedded and I fail there, go to the google looking map lower on the link and there is an option for infrared u can scroll around there, will try though to get it here. Direct to google maps doesnt give infra so the link you gave is the only one I can find ATM.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 pm » by Kingz

http://hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu/images/200 ... _cut_b.jpg

Candidate Cavern Entrance Northeast of Arsia Mons (PSP_003647_1745)
Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

This image shows a very dark spot on an otherwise bright dusty lava plain to the northeast of Arsia Mons, one of the four giant Tharsis volcanoes.

This is not an impact crater as it lacks a raised rim or ejecta. What's amazing is that we cannot see any detail in the shadow! The cutout shows this dark spot and a version that is "stretched" to best see the darkest area, yet we still cannot see details except noise (1380x782, 1 MB).

The HiRISE camera is very sensitive and we can see details in almost any shadow on Mars, but not here. We also cannot see the deep walls of the pit. The best interpretation is that this is a collapse pit into a cavern or at least a pit with overhanging walls. We cannot see the walls because they are either perfectly vertical and extremely dark or, more likely, overhanging.

The pit must be very deep to prevent detection of the floor from skylight, which is quite bright on Mars.
Written by: Alfred McEwen
http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/PSP_003647_1745
Last edited by Kingz on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 pm » by Germanpils

slushpup wrote:Mars Cavern.. Is There Life Down There?

With the discovery of methane coming from the Mars surface. Could it be that there is biological processes going on below the surface, away from harmful radiation, heat, cold and other extreme conditions? Here is an example that shows a deep dark cavern extending downward into the Martian landscape. We know here on earth life can exist in very extreme conditions. With the help of sheltered areas below and out of the way from these extreme conditions may also add a possibility to the presence of some forms of life.

wow this surely doesnt look natural, like a comet impact.
something digged that.
You know, you don't see with your eyes,
you see with your brain and the more
words your brain has, the more things you can see.
(KRS-ONE)

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:46 pm » by Germanpils

err just as kingz posted that HQ pic...

isnt it possible that its actually a crater, with some kind of artificial buildings or any
signs of life, just that nasa blacked the whole thing out to make it look like a cavern?
(KRS-ONE)

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:53 pm » by Germanpils

slushpup wrote:
germanpils wrote:

wow this surely doesnt look natural, like a comet impact.
something digged that.

They think it may be an old Lava tube.(but not 100% positive). because there is no cone or over spill at the entrance. And you said there also is no impact crater evidence to show it may have been an asteroid. Definitely an enigma. They also think it is very deep..

:cheers:

yes, it must be very very deep, because you cant highlight ANY single pixel
when raising the brightness in photoshop, its either one hell of a deep whole
or a black covered thingy :think:

:cheers:

edit: lol or it is the entrance to hell :robot:
Last edited by Germanpils on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(KRS-ONE)

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:54 pm » by Kingz

germanpils wrote:err just as kingz posted that HQ pic...

isnt it possible that its actually a crater, with some kind of artificial buildings or any
signs of life, just that nasa blacked the whole thing out to make it look like a cavern?

Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona. This is not an impact crater as it lacks a raised rim or ejecta. What's amazing is that we cannot see any detail in the shadow! The cutout shows this dark spot and a version that is "stretched" to best see the darkest area, yet we still cannot see details except noise

they themselves come up with the word cavern... could be disinfo :peep:
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 pm » by Aragajag

Why no wall light down the tube? maybe it is an opening over a much greater area underneath, in the infrared just north of there appears to me to be a greater cavern but also there is not much to see as the IR seems to miss the areas that could be of interest.
If it was a lava tube I would think that if it had been verticle there would still be some coneage around the spot and if on a near horizontal you would have some light refraction.
Last edited by Aragajag on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 pm » by Germanpils

kingz wrote:
germanpils wrote:err just as kingz posted that HQ pic...

Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona. This is not an impact crater as it lacks a raised rim or ejecta. What's amazing is that we cannot see any detail in the shadow! The cutout shows this dark spot and a version that is "stretched" to best see the darkest area, yet we still cannot see details except noise

they themselves come up with the word cavern... could be disinfo :peep:

yep
like they 90% of the time do ;)
(KRS-ONE)

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 15, 2010 8:05 pm » by Nickelson

My favorite subject :lol:

If I am not mistaking they found similar caverns on the Moon which al come out in a giant area where lava was stored. Here's the link to an article http://www.universetoday.com/2009/11/25 ... -the-moon/

This looks similar and the explanation also seems plausible, BUT if that is the truth than similar caverns must be found on Earth also, anybody found similar caverns on Earth?

Here's another picture of Mars together with the cavern, maybe the same Slush was pointing out.

Look carefully I cannot explain the weird tubes.

There sure is something strange on Mars and nothing can or will surprise me for that matter.

Next