Mars Mystery: Has Curiosity Rover Made Big Discovery?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2503
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm
Location: Closer than you think

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:23 pm » by One-23


Yes NASA is at it again, will they, won't they :headscratch:

Did notice a comment on the site, and I quote

Won't be ready for a few weeks, or December 21st........

Does make one think :think:

Mystery: Has Curiosity Rover Made Big Discovery?

Image

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history books," but we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out what the new Red Planet find may be, media reports suggest.

The discovery was made by Curiosity's Sample Analysis at Mars instrument, NPR reported today (Nov. 20). SAM is the rover's onboard chemistry lab, and it's capable of identifying organic compounds — the carbon-containing building blocks of life as we know it.

SAM apparently spotted something interesting in a soil sample Curiosity's huge robotic arm delivered to the instrument recently.

"This data is gonna be one for the history books," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told NPR. "It's looking really good."

Grotzinger said the rover team won't be ready to announce just what SAM found for several weeks yet, NPR reported. The scientists want to check and double-check the results, to make sure they're for real.

The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover landed inside Mars' huge Gale Crater on Aug. 5, kicking off a two-year mission to determine if Mars has ever been capable of supporting microbial life.

The car-size robot carries 10 different instruments to aid in its quest, but SAM is the rover's heart, taking up more than half of its science payload by weight.

In addition to analyzing soil samples, SAM also takes the measure of Red Planet air. Many scientists are keen to see if Curiosity detects any methane, which is produced by many lifeforms here on Earth. A SAM analysis of Curiosity's first few sniffs found no definitive trace of the gas in the Martian atmosphere, but the rover will keep looking.

Curiosity began driving again Friday (Nov. 16) after spending six weeks testing its soil-scooping gear at a site called "Rocknest." The rover will soon try out its rock-boring drill for the first time on the Red Planet, scientists have said.

Source http://www.space.com/18565-mars-rover-c ... stery.html
Image

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Writer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:56 am

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 pm » by masteruniverse


so basically there just keep it to themselves or it wil be something of a none entity which wil be boring too.

why do people care about nasa so much there wouldnt tell us anything we dont already know ,there faker than fake.

its boring there time has ended years ago when everyone relised there lying twonks.

this is to nasa nobody cares spend your billions on fixing planet freaking earth you morons , and dont say going to space will help us fix the earth bullshit.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2475
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:51 pm
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 pm » by Hurtswhenipee


Never A Straight Answer
ImageImage
9/11 was an inside job! Question everything.

Writer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:56 am

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm » by masteruniverse


lol you got that right , does my nut its mathematically impossible where alone in this universe end of story who needs evidence apart from that fact nobody , so why cover everything up its too the point of boringness and beyond the world would not fall apart if they found a dead alien lying on planet mars would it because nearly everyone believes theres life out there somewhere .

space is too big to get your head round so its obvious where not alone , they should be spending there money on space defense case they want to come and poke us with a big stick.

by now something will be receiving our radio transmissions listening in, or they are probably looking through there telescope wondering what that distant blue planet is .

people will believe in god still even though the god particle has been proven , did the world fall apart no,its already falling apart without the knowledge or aliens god and anything else thats out there.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3605
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Avin a barbecue on Mercury

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 pm » by Phoenix rising


I'm guessing its somewhat of an anticlimax when nasa announces something to guys on this site, almost condescending to, I'm sure many on here know there was and probably still is life on mars, maybe they will just say the rover is broke because behind the scenes the lighting rig fell on it :lol:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence
Image

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 11:52 pm » by Slith


Phoenix rising wrote:I'm guessing its somewhat of an anticlimax when nasa announces something to guys on this site, almost condescending to, I'm sure many on here know there was and probably still is life on mars, maybe they will just say the rover is broke because behind the scenes the lighting rig fell on it :lol:


Welcome back mon ami. Appropriate name for sure :flop:
Image

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3605
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Avin a barbecue on Mercury

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 am » by Phoenix rising


dlslith wrote:
Phoenix rising wrote:I'm guessing its somewhat of an anticlimax when nasa announces something to guys on this site, almost condescending to, I'm sure many on here know there was and probably still is life on mars, maybe they will just say the rover is broke because behind the scenes the lighting rig fell on it :lol:


Welcome back mon ami. Appropriate name for sure :flop:



Cheers dlslith :hugging:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10202
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 3:24 pm

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 am » by *WillEase*


Phoenix rising wrote:I'm guessing its somewhat of an anticlimax when nasa announces something to guys on this site, almost condescending to, I'm sure many on here know there was and probably still is life on mars, maybe they will just say the rover is broke because behind the scenes the lighting rig fell on it :lol:


You say this :bullshit: yet post a thread about a giant doorway on Mercury... :headscratch:

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 18691
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:20 am
Location: underneath the circumstances

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 12:40 am » by The57ironman


Image
.

Obama Misses 60% of Security Briefings... and Blames Intelligence Community?Image

.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 am

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 9:04 am » by Dukettt


If they have found life, it would be nice if they announce it at 21.12.2012. That would be the end of the world we know today!
------------------------------
Image
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b



  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook