Mars Rover Takes Pic Of A Martian Building?

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 7:24 pm » by Dj637

such a shame slush if only it was real, you very nearly found the holy grail!! next time buddy, next time.....

Peace
DJ
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill:

'If you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'

Churchill: 'And if I were married to you, I would drink it.'

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 7:31 pm » by Kingz

slushpup wrote:This does seem to be a reflection now that I have had more pics to look at..

I think it is a reflection as well now that I have seen more pics.. I was working with the one pic on Space.com that they presented.. I also am sometimes stubborn when it comes to admitting defeat.. But this in my eyes got debunked.. But that is good.. That is how we all work together and find out what is what..

Info below is from Hesop...

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2/r/2156/2R317772230EFFB2T5P1314L0M1.JPG
In the photo above you can clearly see the sky and distinct horizon, below the "cover".
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2/r/1908/2R295759725EFFB1DOP1314L0M1.HTML
here's another from SOL 1908
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2/r/1022/2R217093917EFFAS11P1301R0M1.JPG
and from SOL 1022.
They all have the cover over the camera, so the rear nav camera must not be mounted up high.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/spirit.html
This is the Spirit page, with navigation links to each of the cameras. More can be found there.

I posted the links at your youtube video, since DTV was out for quiet a while here... But it is definetly part of the rover, go to this website: http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/all/spirit_r455.html look at the REARCAM section and look at all the previous pictures.... Sorry man, I wish it was true... but my "research" says otherwise :look:
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 7:35 pm » by Kingz

Just to be shure for people who rather believe something then inquire it first :mrgreen:
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Writer

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 pm » by Truthfiles2012

We look for the truth so hard that at times we see things that aren't there. Well it's a good thing that this was debunked here on DTV because had this been submitted to a newspaper or the television media :top:

The truth is still out there never the less. It may come in the form of Reptile people, Humanoids from another part of the Galaxy, or just plain old God. In time we will be enlightened, just hope your around when it happens.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 7:38 pm » by Drjones

Came to this late,great discussions and ultimately conclusion. :clapper:
I'd just say i would find it truly odd if we did have secret bases on mars but then decide to spend x amount of dollars to send a PROBE to take pictures outside the front door,so to speak :oops: :lol: ...if we can build bases on mars...IN SECRET....i don't think we'd be sending itsy bitsy probes,even if it were to be known to a limited number of people i'm sure those same people would be able to tell nasa to send their probes to a part of mars uninhabited...thus maintaining their secret mars base/s.
For me outwith this now...secret bases on mars?...i think not!...secret space programme though?...yes definetely... :shock:

Writer

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 7:51 pm » by Yoshy

sentientseed wrote:Out of the context of knowing scale and the distortion effects of a fisheye lense....this seems interesting to me. Although I check other pictures and videos out and read the comments, I usually don't comment on things such as this. But, this is interesting from a unknowing point of view. It definitely his clear to a degree which seem par from the norm. Could be an odd shaped rock...who knows but definitely is interesting. When zoomed it...it reminds me of the so called photos of Noah's Ark. The rock or whatever on the left looks like some sorta concept car. :) The one on the right reminds me of a Hobbit dwelling. :)

Maybe someone with superb technical knowledge of photography scale and lense distortion can explain it away but it is more interesting than most these things I have seen with my lack of photography knowledge.

I assume that whitish stuff is a dust storm or cloud formation or something of the like?

thats the one i found last year its in one of my videos

Writer

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm » by Johnnyb

sentientseed wrote:Just curious. What shadow...the once cast by the rover directly on the ground or the one bouncing around in the top right corner?

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 10:31 pm » by Shadowkhas

Good analysis, johnnyb.
:clapper:

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 pm » by Hanuman

megadon wrote:Sorry guys, but the building is a part of the rover

SHIT SO CLOSE :bang; :clapper:

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 pm » by Aardvaaks

Great thread good variety of comments and common sense.
Re if the part of the lens is the casing or part of a lens hood to cut back on glare, it is usually in a non shiny matt black design to prevent reflections?
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

PreviousNext