Mars Rover Takes Pic Of A Martian Building?

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 2:22 pm » by Phaeton

Very nice find.. Quite safe to say this is no natural formation, indeed.
Kudo's dude
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 2:37 pm » by Sentientseed

Out of the context of knowing scale and the distortion effects of a fisheye lense....this seems interesting to me. Although I check other pictures and videos out and read the comments, I usually don't comment on things such as this. But, this is interesting from a unknowing point of view. It definitely his clear to a degree which seem par from the norm. Could be an odd shaped rock...who knows but definitely is interesting. When zoomed it...it reminds me of the so called photos of Noah's Ark. The rock or whatever on the left looks like some sorta concept car. :) The one on the right reminds me of a Hobbit dwelling. :)

Maybe someone with superb technical knowledge of photography scale and lense distortion can explain it away but it is more interesting than most these things I have seen with my lack of photography knowledge.

I assume that whitish stuff is a dust storm or cloud formation or something of the like?
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Writer

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 pm » by Megadon

Sorry guys, but the building is a part of the rover

Writer

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm » by Johnnyb

megadon wrote:Sorry guys, but the building is a part of the rover

Exactly !
Look at the shadow guys ! What makes so huge shadow ?!
Last edited by Johnnyb on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 2:56 pm » by Cornbread714

megadon wrote:Sorry guys, but the building is a part of the rover

Please don't confuse us with facts :D

Good catch...

I was just about to point out that the distortion caused by a fisheye lens would have made the "building"'s roof appear smaller than the base, which is the opposite of what we see in the photo. But now i guess the point is moot, ha ha.
:cheers:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 3:03 pm » by Sentientseed

Part of the rover as in how? Something that fell off of it or something reflected back into the image? Just curious. What shadow...the once cast by the rover directly on the ground or the one bouncing around in the top right corner?

One thing the shifting photo appear to do is to show the rover stuck in a rut. :D
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 pm » by Phaeton

Care to elaborate on the 'is part of the rover' conclusion??
I see no evidence of this. I see a large structure with straight lines with no obvious relation
to the earthly rover. Please be so kind as to base your statement with logic / facts, sir.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 3:31 pm » by Dj637

the rover image that you look out to, has like a lense cover which you are looking out from, the building is and upside down reflection from the rover you can see this by the shadow in the second clip moving top right of the screen? if that makes sense? you can see this clearly in the moving images.

peace
DJ
Last edited by Dj637 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill:

'If you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'

Churchill: 'And if I were married to you, I would drink it.'

Master Conspirator

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 3:33 pm » by Cornbread714

I think Megadon's point in using the animation (and it took me a second to see it) is that you see the landscape moving in relation to the rover.

Which is an illusion in itself, because of course, the landscape isn't moving - the rover is - but we see it from the rover's fixed viewpoint, which includes the "building" as well.

Understand?

The "building" appears to be part of a translucent(?) lens cover maybe? Or as DJ said, a reflection of the rover onto a lens cover.

Either way whatever it is, it moves in sync with the rover...
Last edited by Cornbread714 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSat Mar 20, 2010 3:46 pm » by Dj637

slushpup wrote:
dj637 wrote:the rover image that you look out to, has like a lense cover which you are looking out from, the building is and upside down reflection from the rover you can see this by the shadow in the second clip moving top right of the screen? if that makes sense?

peace
DJ

If that is actually the case.. Then it should appear in all Rover pics. Or at least some anyway.. But it does not................ Not that I can find yet. I need to see a comparison to another pic that would show similar.

:cheers:

if you look at the horizon that the buildings are on you will see that this is the rim over a cover over the lense

Peace
DJ
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill:

'If you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'

Churchill: 'And if I were married to you, I would drink it.'

Next