Massive Explosion at Iranian Military Base

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 am » by Rydher

:think:

Report: Major Blast Rocks Iranian City of Isfahan

According to FARS news, an outlet with ties to the Iranian government, a large explosion rocked the Iranian city of Isfahan this afternoon. The blast, which occurred around 2 p.m., was large enough to be heard throughout the city.

The noise has been described as being akin to an explosion, Iranian sources report. According to the Jerusalem Post, Gholamreza Ansari, the head of the judiciary in the province, said, “In the afternoon, there was a noise like an explosion, but we don’t have any information from security forces on the source of the noise.”

As is typically the case when dealing with Iran, reports have been scarce, confusing and — at times — contradictory. The Guardian has reported that Rajanews, a web site linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, has published statements from the governor of Isfahan saying that the blast was part of a military exercise. But others have different ideas.

According to the Jerusalem Post, “Isfahan is home to nuclear experimental reactors, and also a uranium enrichment facility for producing nuclear fuel.” This is particularly important to note, because, having first gone into development back in 2004, this plant is crucial to Iran’s nuclear development.

Smoke from the Nov. 12 blast (Image source: AP)

Because of the importance of this area to the nation’s nuclear program, some sources are wondering if Israel may be behind the blast.

Another news agency, called Mehr, reported that the blast had taken place at a gas station at a nearby town. This news comes two weeks after another major explosion happened near Tehran. Haaretz reports:

The reported incident occurred about two weeks after Gen. Hasan Tehrani Moghaddam was killed together with 20 other Guard members Nov. 12 at a military site outside Bidganeh village, 40 kilometers southwest of Tehran.

The Revolutionary Guard said the accidental explosion occurred while military personnel were transporting munitions.

Currently, authorities are investigating the matter, though Haaretz reports that the FARS news agency removed the report once news about it began circulating in Israel.

With contradictory reports and little more to go on, a firm explanation about what occurred hasn’t yet arisen.

Source: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-major-blast-rocks-iranian-city-of-isfahan/

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 pm » by Rydher

UPDATE FROM 1ST EXPLOSION

Satellite Images Show Iranian Missile Base Destroyed

A Washington-based research group has released satellite images showing extensive damage to an Iranian nuclear site two weeks after a mysterious explosion destroyed the facility.

The Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS), which specializes in the study of nuclear weapons programs, released images of the compound following the November 12 explosion near the city of Malard.

Before and after imagery offers a stark contrast of the site, but doesn’t provide any clues as to what actually caused the explosion.

The photographs clearly reveal that most of the buildings have been completely destroyed. Of course, some of the destruction may have resulted from subsequent controlled demolition of buildings and removal of debris, but because about the same number of trucks are visible in the image after the blast as in an image prior to the blast, it is likely that most of the damage resulted from the explosion.

Meanwhile, Iranian authorities have characterized the incident as an “accident,” involving the transport of ammunition. Continued use of this explanation, however, forces Iran into a predicament, given the increased number of recent industrial incidents the nation has suffered. In particular, Iran likely does not want to appear vulnerable at a time when Israeli leaders have been debating military intervention over Iran’s controversial nuclear program. But accident or not, the ISIS Photos leave no doubt that the facility has been effectively destroyed.

Paul Brannan, a senior ISIS analyst, indicated that it is impossible to tell from the imagery whether the blast was caused by sabotage, as has been speculated about this explosion and others at transport facilities, oil refineries and military bases in Iran, or if it is indeed the result of an accident.

When performing work with missiles, there are a variety of “volatile processes” that could cause an explosion, explained Brannan.

Brannan also added that ISIS had recently learned from “knowledgeable officials” that the blast occurred just as Iran had achieved a “milestone” in the development of a new missile, and may have been performing a “volatile procedure involving a missile engine at the site.”

Suspicions that covert actions may be responsible for this and other explosions continue to mount despite official denials by the Iranian regime.

Interestingly, on Monday The Blaze reported that a major blast also rocked the Iranian city of Isfahan, a town that is said to be “home to nuclear experimental reactors, and also a uranium enrichment facility for producing nuclear fuel.”

Source: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/satellite-images-show-iranian-missile-base-destroyed/

Initiate

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:21 pm » by Serendipity

Hmm...personally I wouldn't rule out some sort of internal conflict between the presidents special guard and forces from the Ayatollah...he is the main authority in Iran and the presidents position exists as a concession from him. Recently there have been public tensions and denouncements between the two, with Khomeni publicly stating that he may decide to nullify the democratic concession of the presidency. There could be an internal power struggle if, say, the Ayatollah decided he didn't like the route the president was taking, and the danger to Iran it presented. There is more going on in that country than meets the eye... :look:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:25 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

serendipity wrote:Hmm...personally I wouldn't rule out some sort of internal conflict between the presidents special guard and forces from the Ayatollah...he is the main authority in Iran and the presidents position exists as a concession from him. Recently there have been public tensions and denouncements between the two, with Khomeni publicly stating that he may decide to nullify the democratic concession of the presidency. There could be an internal power struggle if, say, the Ayatollah decided he didn't like the route the president was taking, and the danger to Iran it presented. There is more going on in that country than meets the eye... :look:

No shit, thanks for the info man.
:cheers:

I wish we could just put like bowling bumpers for the gutters around Iran and just leave them be. :alien51:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 pm » by Rydher

serendipity wrote:Hmm...personally I wouldn't rule out some sort of internal conflict between the presidents special guard and forces from the Ayatollah...he is the main authority in Iran and the presidents position exists as a concession from him. Recently there have been public tensions and denouncements between the two, with Khomeni publicly stating that he may decide to nullify the democratic concession of the presidency. There could be an internal power struggle if, say, the Ayatollah decided he didn't like the route the president was taking, and the danger to Iran it presented. There is more going on in that country than meets the eye... :look:

Seems there is at least one person on that same track as you.

Who’s Blowing Up Iran?

Another week, another explosion at or near an Iranian military installation (or is it a nuclear research facility?). As usual, the regime doesn’t know what to say. The mullahcracy is so intensely divided that different “spokesmen” from different ministries/news outlets/cults/mafias put out different versions. There was an explosion, or at least “the sound of an explosion.” This goes out on the wires. Then, no, there was no explosion, it was just the sound of our fierce military training. Then again, yes, there was something, but not to worry, just go home and shut up. And so it goes in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as our president so loves to call his intended international partners.

I’ve been reporting for many months about the ongoing sabotage of pipelines, refineries, military sites, Revolutionary Guards’ aircraft and trains, and groups of regime thugs. and have received the usual cold shoulder from publications “of record,” which is to say silent sneers. But the tempo of attacks, most notably the monster blast a week ago that vaporized General Moghaddam and his foreign visitors (at least some of whom had taken the shuttle from Pyongyang to be with him on what they wrongly expected would be a happy day) led the Washington Post’s man in Tehran, Thomas Erdbrink, to note the phenomenon in a useful story entitled “Mysterious Explosions Pose Dilemma for Iranian leaders.” He gives us a pretty good rundown of the explosions, and, living as he does in Tehran, gives ample space to regime “explanations” such as bad welding, western sanctions, and so forth. Given the number of foreign journalists who have come to a bad end in Iran, you’d do the same.

Safe in London, on the other hand, Roger Cohen of the New York Times has no doubt about what’s happening: his guy Obama is waging a secret war against the mullahs. “It would take tremendous naïveté,” he lectures the great unwashed, “to believe these events are not the result of a covert American-Israeli drive to sabotage Iran’s efforts to develop a military nuclear capacity. An intense, well-funded cyberwar against Tehran is ongoing.”

So color me tremendously naive. I would really love to believe Roger Cohen; the very idea that Obama, at long last, has ordered a response to the Iranian war against the west (totally unmentioned, needless to say), is delightful. But I don’t believe it, and Cohen doesn’t give us any evidence for it, aside from intoning, as the mullahs themselves are so wont to do, that it’s the infidels and the Zionists.

Yes, there’s a cyberwar, but Revolutionary Guards generals don’t get vaporized by Stuxnet. And Cohen’s judgment is so swayed by his fandom for Obama that it verges on the worst of the early Chris Matthews. Try this, for example:

Foreign policy has been Obama’s strongest suit. He deserves great credit for killing Osama bin Laden, acting for the liberation of Libya, getting behind the Arab quest for freedom, winding down the war in Iraq, dealing repeated blows to Al Qaeda and restoring America’s battered image.

I suppose some copy editor took out “ordering the” before “killing” and the “of” right after it, but sure, full marks for seeing it through. As for the Libyan, Egyptian, Tunisian and Iraqi decisions, the jury’s out, and seems to be leaning against Cohen’s client nowadays. The blows to Al Qaeda–by which he is referring to drone attacks and the like–are fine, albeit the really vicious body blow was the defeat of AQ and their sponsors in Iraq. If you think our national image has been “restored” under this president as a result of his great foreign policy, more power to you. Ring up Roger in London, maybe he’ll give you tea.

Since I’m pretty much the only guy in town who forecast the war against the mullahs, and it’s now so obvious that even MSM reporters and columnists can mention it without blushing, I’m sticking to my story. I don’t think the ongoing assault against the regime is coming from outside Iran. I think it comes from the Iranian opposition within the country. And I think it shows that the opposition is a great deal stronger than the experts have opined.

If you were Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, what would you be saying to that unhealthy face in the mirror? You’d say, “they come and go at will; they obviously have the full cooperation of traitors at very high levels of the regime, even inside the Guards. They not only knew Moghaddam was going to be there, but exactly where and when. Now Isfahan, another heavily guarded base. That doesn’t look like Zionists and infidels, whose pathetic collaborators we round up easily over and over again; it looks like people who are trusted and supported by the traitors in my own house.”

When a regime cracks, even very high officials start to do favors for the opposition, hoping to avoid the worst if the regime comes down. Khamenei knows that the head of the shah’s secret intelligence service went on to hold the same position under the fanatical Ayatollah Khomeini. Recent events will have convinced the supreme leader that his own security may be as compromised as the shah’s was.

Add to this the dreams common to regular users of opium (Khamenei is one of them) and you’ve got a very explosive situation.

Source: http://pjmedia.com/michaelledeen/2011/11/28/whos-blowing-up-iran/

Initiate

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:40 pm » by Serendipity

Interesting piece... I was wondering if any of the analysts in the media were going to broach it.
Good find, Rydher :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

I know this is highly un-probable lol. HAARRP.. :alien51: they just shoot frequencies at their munitions deposits.(could this be plausible?) - not necessarily haarp lol. But blowing up munitions with a frequency? They tested SKS free floating pins and decibels and that did nothing but decibels are different than frequencies obviously.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Cia has recorded frequencies we can project on people to make their ears nose and eyes start bleeding, we can knock them out, and trigger any emotion (all have a specific frequency.) And last but not least, in the design phase right now- using frequencies to rip matters molecule structure apart into every molecule. :nails: :peep:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 30, 2011 2:03 pm » by Rydher

Your thoughts on this Serendipity?

In a must-read editorial, the Wall Street Journal corrects its brethren MSM on the identity of the thugs who just stormed the British embassy in Tehran — breaking windows, burning the British flag, ransacking offices, trashing a portrait of the Queen, and terrorizing the staff. The Journal notes that the attack was not impromptu. “Police stood by, and Iranian state television broadcast events live.”

But, continues the editorial, “By some strange reflex, Western media insisted the attackers were ‘students.’ To Iranians who know better, they were the basij militia, the regime’s first line of defense. These thugs were called out to brutally put down the 2009 Green Revolution, a genuine student-led uprising.”

Exactly. So what was this strange reflex that caused so many members of the Western media — including CNN, CBS, ABC, the BBC, USA Today, the NY Daily News and even Fox — to describe them as “students”? I’m no mind reader, but I’m skeptical that in this case it was anything as deliberate as some sort of multicultural, values-neutral bias. More likely it was something at least as bad, and maybe worse. My guess is that they let Iranian propagandists do their thinking for them, pulling the “student” label straight off the Iranian broadcasts of the event.

Courtesy of the web site of Iran’s embassy in the UK., no less, one can find right now a link to an account of the mob assault on the British embassy in Tehran. It’s a writeup by the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting service (IRIB News), in which the main point seems to be, quite specifically, to cast the basij as students — starting with the headline: “Angry IRI students enter British embassy.” Every single one of the six short paragraphs in this brief account then features the label “students.” Here’s the text (boldface mine):

A group of Iranian students, indignant by Britain’s hostile policies towards the Islamic Republic entered its embassy compound in Tehran Tuesday evening.

The students forced their way through the police forces into the embassy.

The students hurled Molotov Cocktails and stones into the embassy compound in Tehran and broke the building’s windows.

Other students removed the British flag and hoisted IRI flag in its place.

The students were chanting slogans including Labbeik Ya Hussein (O, Hussein, we are ready to answer your call for assistance), in reference to the second Shii Imam’s call for assistance in Ashura events.Scores of students were in the embassy compound while many more were gathering in front of the embassy. They were installing flags, designated with ‘Ya Hussein’ over the walls of the embassy.

Source: http://pjmedia.com/claudiarosett/who-said-those-embassy-storming-thugs-in-tehran-were-students/

Initiate

PostWed Nov 30, 2011 2:28 pm » by Serendipity

I think the pictures alone tell a different tale than what is being reported. I am not surprised to learn that it may well have been Iranian nationalist interests but the thing that I can't figure out is why? What are they Basij militia doing? This has to be internal politics. Which faction within the Iranian govt stand to gain by such provocation....The West is gearing for an Iranian war, after all. Why goad them?

I suspect it could be possible that Ahmeenijad is trying to foment a conflict with Israel and Europe that could see his power base within the govt expand...What if the Ayatollah's threats a month ago to revoke the office of the presidency was more than talk? What if there are secular interests within the Quds backed administration that do not want to let go of power and they are engineering a confrontation to avoid being deposed?
All armchair conjecture, but interesting to say the least..let's see what develops :look:

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 30, 2011 2:35 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

Upload to Disclose.tv

While Iranian officials continue to deny any reports on the blast in Isfahan, other sources started to shed light on the mysterious incident.
Iranian paper Farhang Ashti (Peace Culture) reported Monday that the explosion, which was initially reported by Iran's official news agency Fars, took place several streets away from the city's military academy, near the Shiraz Gate.
The report's credibility remained unclear. Fars initially reported a loud blast at 2:40 pm local time, but removed the report shortly afterwards. Hours later, conflicting reports began to surface.
Iran's Mehr news agency mistakenly quoted the deputy governor of Isfahan province as saying that there was no report of a major explosion in the province -- a quote given by him almost a year earlier, following a December 18, 2010 explosion in the city.
However, the news agency also quoted another Iranian media outlet as saying that a blast took place at a petrol station in a nearby town. Iran's uranium conversion plant is located just outside Isfahan -- one of the country's largest cities.
EARRINGS = POSSIBLE HOLOGRAM DEVICE
Pindz

PreviousNext