Massive Explosion at Iranian Military Base

Initiate

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 1:07 pm » by Serendipity

US, Israel covert war against Iran suspected: report
Many former US intelligence officials and Iran experts believe last month's explosion at a military base near Tehran was part of a covert effort by the US, Israel and other states to disable Iran's nuclear and missile programs, The Los Angeles Times reported late Sunday.

The huge explosion ripped through the Revolutionary Guard Corps base on November 12, leveling most of the buildings and killing 17 people, including a founder of Iran's ballistic missile program, General Hassan Tehrani Moghaddam.

The newspaper said the goal of the covert effort is to derail Iran's quest for a nuclear weapons capability and to stave off an Israeli or US airstrike to eliminate or lessen the threat.

"It looks like the 21st century form of war," the paper quotes Patrick Clawson, who directs the Iran Security Initiative at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, as saying. "It does appear that there is a campaign of assassinations and cyber war, as well as the semi-acknowledged campaign of sabotage."

Any such operation would be highly classified, and those who might know are not talking, the report said.

For years, the United States and its allies have sought to hinder Iran's weapons programs by secretly supplying faulty parts, plans or software, The Times said. No proof of sabotage has emerged, but Iran's nuclear program clearly has hit obstacles that thwarted progress in recent years.

"We definitely are doing that," the report quotes Art Keller, a former CIA case officer who worked on Iran, as saying. "It's pretty much the stated mission of the (CIA's) counter-proliferation division to do what it takes to slow Iran's weapons of mass destruction program."

Many Western experts are convinced that American and Israeli engineers secretly fed the Stuxnet computer worm into Iran's nuclear program in 2010, The Times pointed out.

The virus reportedly caused centrifuges used to enrich uranium to spin out of control and shatter, the paper said.

Neither the US nor the Israeli government has acknowledged any role in the apparent cyber-attack, the report noted.

A satellite image of the destroyed Revolutionary Guard Corps compound in Bid Ganeh
Imagehttp://news.yahoo.com/us-israel-covert-war-against-iran-suspected-report-062936685.html
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 4:33 pm » by Spock

serendipity wrote:
Many former US intelligence officials and Iran experts believe last month's explosion at a military base near Tehran was part of a covert effort by the US, Israel and other states to disable Iran's nuclear and missile programs, The Los Angeles Times reported late Sunday...

A satellite image of the destroyed Revolutionary Guard Corps compound in Bid Ganeh
Imagehttp://news.yahoo.com/us-israel-covert-war-against-iran-suspected-report-062936685.html

Awesome! I hope so.

Initiate

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 pm » by Serendipity

Yeah that's a likely scenario, I think. I am withdrawing from my internal conflict theory because there is not enough coinciding circumstantial to justify it. I now think it is more likely a covert, joint Mossad, CIA campaign of sabotage and delay tactics on Iran's research facilities.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 pm » by Rydher

WTF?! You can't change your mind based on new information. You have to stick to your original theory no matter what, so that those that don't like you can later pull up your post and mock you. What the hell noob. :D

Initiate

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 pm » by Serendipity

rydher wrote:WTF?! You can't change your mind based on new information. You have to stick to your original theory no matter what, so that those that don't like you can later pull up your post and mock you. What the hell noob. :D

:lol:
Those that don't like me will never have to reach that far to take a swipe.
And as for me, I would rather get it right than be right...Course I'm not against having both :mrgreen:
'A man who can not admit his mistakes has a worthless opinion'- Serendipity :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 11:52 pm » by Rydher

Report: Iranian Military Says it Shot Down U.S. Drone

Iranian military forces shot down an unmanned U.S. spy plane that violated Iranian airspace along the country’s eastern border, state media reported Sunday.

“Iran’s military has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran,” Iran’s Arabic-language Al Alam state television network quoted the unnamed source as saying, according to Reuters.

“The spy drone, which has been downed with little damage, was seized by the Iranian armed forces,” the network reported.

The U.S. has not yet commented on the report.

Iran said in January that two pilotless spy planes it had shot down over its airspace were operated by the United States and offered to put them on public display.

The Islamic Republic holds frequent military drills, primarily to assert an ability to defend against a potential U.S. or Israeli attack on its nuclear facilities.

Tehran has focused part of its military strategy on producing drones for reconnaissance and attacking purposes.

Iran announced three years ago it had built an unmanned aircraft with a range of more than 600 miles (1,000 kilometers), far enough to reach Israel.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled the country’s first domestically built unmanned bomber aircraft in August 2010, calling it an “ambassador of death” to Iran’s enemies.

Source: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-iranian-military-says-it-shot-down-u-s-drone/

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 05, 2011 11:55 pm » by Muchtyman

spock wrote:
serendipity wrote:
Many former US intelligence officials and Iran experts believe last month's explosion at a military base near Tehran was part of a covert effort by the US, Israel and other states to disable Iran's nuclear and missile programs, The Los Angeles Times reported late Sunday...

Awesome! I hope so.

You hope so ............................... :twisted:

Wow spock , respect and all that shit , but raise your eyes above and beyond your conditioning .

Maybe you have read this ?

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustionWe shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Albert Pike

I suggest you embrace a philosophy that isn't so fkn obvious , you're taking sides in a fight in which the result has already been decided ...................... :cheers:

Initiate

PostTue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am » by Serendipity

Interesting quote.
I think it is obvious that, barring some monumental natural( :nwo: ) disaster, war with Iran is inevitable. Saddens me to say because I feel strongly that radical Islamist elements across Arabia will form an united front which is transnational and catastrophic in scope. Especially after the West wades on in to try to protect Israel. The govt of Israel bears almost exclusive culpability in this, imo, for not halting their "expansion" (read: theft) into Palestinian lands, giving the followers of radical Islam a valid target and rallying cry.
Shame on Israel.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 am » by Muchtyman

serendipity wrote:Interesting quote.
I think it is obvious that, barring some monumental natural( :nwo: ) disaster, war with Iran is inevitable. Saddens me to say because I feel strongly that radical Islamist elements across Arabia will form an united front which is transnational and catastrophic in scope. Especially after the West wades on in to try to protect Israel. The govt of Israel bears almost exclusive culpability in this, imo, for not halting their "expansion" (read: theft) into Palestinian lands, giving the followers of radical Islam a valid target and rallying cry.
Shame on Israel.

This hatred has been brewing purposefully for quite a while .

The govt of Israel bears almost exclusive culpability in this........ :hmmm:

As far as the big picture is concerned the Islamist as well as the zionist are all certainly pawns .

Initiate

PostTue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 am » by Serendipity

As far as the big picture is concerned the Islamist elements as well as the zionist are all pawns .

Yes.
And so is the US.
But they bear the blame for their actions, regardless of which invisible power is painting the big picture.

PreviousNext