Massive sink hole opens up and swallows dozens of people

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 pm » by Drextin

Just saw some live shots of the hole on cnn. 200ft deep and swallowed a 4 story building.......... that is unreal.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm » by Willbraham

Reminds me of the after-affects of Tetsuyo in the movie AKIRA.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 pm » by lamonema

It seems that sinkholes are happening all over the world in increased numbers. There was a HUGE sink hole in Quebec Canada not long ago. Way so many, and why are they so large? Could it be due to shallow crustal displacement from tectonic activity? :mrgreen:

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 pm » by Redwoodrick

Okay first thing right off the bat is the seemingly perfect circular symmetry of the hole.And what is that at the bottom,an aquifer?Seems suspiciously like a perfectly drilled well.But if so it was drilled before our history keeping.Probably drilled for massive freshwater collection sometime in antiquity by an unknown race and back filled with looser material which eventually washed away.
Not saying I believe that is the case,but I suspect it could be.Why is no one in the scientific geological community commenting on the perfect cylindrical symmetry??
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 8:54 pm » by Cornbread714

lamonema wrote: Could it be due to shallow crustal displacement?

I was going to make a joke here, but thought better of it...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm » by Dank1

why are there all kinds of sinkholes but no pics from the inside that would be totally awesome
if someone grew some nuts and climbed in one and snapped some shots or a video documentary ,any takers?
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Initiate

PostWed Jun 02, 2010 3:59 am » by Stone069

Corn ... you are sick and demented....... Glad to see you made super mod

Drabbit that hole on mars always looked a little to dark for me. There is no "side" to it, it appears to just be a hole in a very thin crust, and just open space inside.

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 02, 2010 12:22 pm » by Electrobadgr

This is insane!!! Is no one else thinking War of the Worlds? At the very least apt in the run up to 2012 :peep: also reminiscent of the last episode of Doctor Who.

This has got me thinking more about novelty theory in the run up to 2012, more and more "big news" activity happening with increasing frequency. Its going to be a wild ride if there is 2 years of increasing novelty :nails:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Previous