Mayan Long Count Calendar

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 1:28 am » by Richc

I thought the calendar was supposed to end on 21st Dec 2012 .?

Appears it doesn't. Didn't realise that myself...

Long Count[n 6] Gregorian date
GMT (584283) correlation
13.0.0.0.0 August 11, 3114 BCE
1.0.0.0.0 November 13, 2720 BCE
2.0.0.0.0 February 16, 2325 BCE
3.0.0.0.0 May 21, 1931 BCE
4.0.0.0.0 August 23, 1537 BCE
5.0.0.0.0 November 26, 1143 BCE
6.0.0.0.0 February 28, 748 BCE
7.0.0.0.0 June 3, 354 BCE
8.0.0.0.0 September 5, 41 CE
9.0.0.0.0 December 9, 435
10.0.0.0.0 March 13, 830
11.0.0.0.0 June 15, 1224
12.0.0.0.0 September 18, 1618
13.0.0.0.0 December 21, 2012
14.0.0.0.0 March 26, 2407
15.0.0.0.0 June 28, 2801
16.0.0.0.0 October 1, 3195
17.0.0.0.0 January 3, 3590
18.0.0.0.0 April 7, 3984
19.0.0.0.0 July 11, 4378
1.0.0.0.0.0 October 13, 4772

So why all the fuss.? The 13th b'ak'tun ends and the 14th b'ak'tun begins.

The previous creation ended on a long count of 12.19.19.17.19.
Another 12.19.19.17.19 will occur on December 20, 2012, followed by the start of the 14th b'ak'tun, 13.0.0.0.0, on December 21, 2012

^^ - I guess that is the reason for all the fuss.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 2:18 pm » by Rich316

You're right, it's not the entire calendar that ends, it's the 13th baktun of the calendar that comes to a completion.

This is actually a good read, covers lots of it; http://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm#1

and this too http://mayan-calendar.com/ancient_longcount.html

Aztec- Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.
Cherokee- Their ancient calendar ends exactly at 2012 as does the Mayan calendar.
Dogon- Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star.
Egypt- According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar), present time cycle ends in year 2012 AD.
Hindu- Kali Yuga (end time of man). The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.
Hopi- Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by End of Fourth World and beginning of the Fifth.
Incas- Call it the ‘Age of Meeting Ourselves Again’.
Mayans- Call it the ‘end days’ or the end of time as we know it.
Maoris Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.
Pueblo- Acknowledge it’ll be the emergence into the Fifth World.
Zulu- Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.

”A telepathic interplay which will eventually annihilate time”

(Alice Bailey)

”Translation or dematerialisation to another sphere of the Universe”

(Teilhard de Chardin)

”A matter-antimatter implosion leaving a mutation of matter to photoniform. Our minds will unite like the fragments of a hologram.”

(Terence McKenna)

”As the Schumann resonance increases to 13Hz, Gaia goes from Alpha to Beta frequency & wakes up. Increasing tryptamine & beta-carboline neuro-chemistry allows us a telepathic communion, as we become used to our light bodies in preparation for the magnetic pole reversal when there will be a mass out-of-body-experience.”

(Geoff Stray)

”Evolutionary quantum leap. Human / ET interface & the arrival of a new species or kingdom on Earth.”

(Jon King)

”In 2012, Earth’s axis will tilt, along with a polar reversal, causing terrestrial and celestial grids to re-align, the pineal eye will perceive beyond ultraviolet,& we’ll ascend to the next dimension beyond time.”

(Moira Timms)

”The human race will unify as a single circuit. Solar & galactic sound transmissions will inundate the planetary field. A current charging both poles will race across the skies, connecting the polar auroras in a single brilliant flash.”

(Jose Arguelles)

”A moment of quantum awakening. A nanosecond will be stretched into infinity and become non-time, during which we will all experience full consciousness of who we are and why we have incarnated. If we choose to return to human form, we will do so in an awakened state, as ‘reflective cells’ of the starmaker.”

(Ken Carey)

http://2012rising.com/article/maya-prophecy-long-count-calendars-and-solar-catastrophe-for-21st-december-2012-part-1

Tortuguero Monument 6, recording the 2012 Bak'tun ending:
Bolon Yookte [This creator God is referenced on the glyph]
"The Thirteenth 'Bak'tun" will be finished
(on) Four Ajaw, the Third of Uniiw (K'ank'in).
? will occur.
(It will be) the descent(??) of the Nine Support? God(s) to the ?."

Book of Chilam Balam of Chumayel, XXII:
Katun 4 Ahau . . . . The katun is established at Chichen Itzá. The settlement of the Itzá shall take place [there]. The quetzal shall come, the green bird shall come. Ah Kantenal shall come. Blood-vomit shall come. Kukulcan shall come with them for the second time. [It is] the word of God. (Book of Chilam Balam of Chumayel, XXII)

Interesting that they do point to the end of the 13th Baktun for something to happen.. Who knows.. There's too much opinion out there on what may or may not take place. I've given up trying to know, just stay cool. For me, it's not about earth based events but about human behavour.

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 3:35 pm » by Eldorado

Love the spins on these predictions.......

Who's got a doomsday calendar of false predictions I can have a laugh at.......

No seriously.....you could make a ton of money if you created a book of kooky doomsday prophesies that never manifested, nor probably wont.....

LOL

I am Cherokee....a descendent of the Hatchie Band of the Cherokee Nation.......

We dont talk about the end of the world.....we talk about the gathering of the Elders, and the Great Nation's Chiefs returning to the temples to make a blessing and to seek guidance and make a decision for a new great era.......during a creation ceremony.......when the Serpent descends from the Temple of Kukulcan....(El Castillo was originally Mayan of origin, as were all of the inscriptions relating to calendars, so naturally they were influential over the Toltec who took over the area).

Our people island hopped to this continent and naturally brought with them these calendars and were taught to the people through these legends.....

We are the only Native Tribe to have built Ceremonial Temple-shaped Mounds.....and we helped to bring the wisdom of the ancients to many of our people through years of prayers to the same creator gods that the inca, toltecs, aztecs, maya, zapotec, mixtec, and olmec races all worshipped.

The changing cycles are times of alignment of the heavens, and the many signs align as well, symbolizing the many different people coming together, with a new beginning ahead. A new great cycle is to begin.....a new b'ak'tun

From this gathering we get the White Buffalo (bearded and robed King-like figure, returning on the wings of an eagle, carrying a sword to free his Native People) to become the fabled King of Kings, the Native God King Quetzalcoatl.....

The correlation of these legends are obvious, as even the Hindu speak of these cycles......many speak of the great cyclic uproar every 100,000 years, (144,000 by the B'ak'tun Calendar) The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones, the 1000 year buddha uproar, and the 100 year universal monarch uproar....

What do you get this life?.......To be a part of this age of discovery and pioneering innovation, to be a part of the generation that corrects all of the problems that are at hand, the generation of global citizens who are responsible for the maintaining of the civilization that is before us.

The legends all point to this........the creation of an entity to accomplish all of this, to be heralded by both the religious structures and the Indigenous structures of this planet's cultural unity.......who is born into, and is part of this secular religious and transcendent age that millions have been waiting for.

The legends all point to this entity.......and he is the keeper of the key to the door to the future of many new things that we have not been able to envision yet........

If you could only see it from my point of view, the person spoken about in these many legends and tales handed down for thousands of years is a powerful entity for good and positive things that bring about progress, that bring about reform.......politically, morally, socially, and spiritually........

He has been given many names because he has been born in many lands......and has been seen in the same light throughout all of his incarnations...........

Talk about a mystery........this guy wants his gold kept secret.....!

Yellow Brick Road Anyone?? :o
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Do you also believe this one man will do it again Eldorado?

Ive been thinking about it alot. Especially since my last shrooming experiences. Ive been on the verge of 'insanity' since that, there are so many countertoughts active disclaiming the reality on other levels, pff. Aah we love to talk and philosphize about these things.

But when it comes close enough to touch we also become consioussly confrontated by this VEIL:

Maoris Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds

If you start to deprogram it actually feels like:

Incas- Call it the ‘Age of Meeting Ourselves Again’.

Meeting yourself again.

This Veil in perception are all the 'mindprogramming countertought' in 'the field' that manipulate us to a survival mindstate.

When you transent this veil:

Pueblo- Acknowledge it’ll be the emergence into the Fifth World

You will consioussly experience on the fifth 'dimension' instead of only the condensed 1th, 2th, 3th and 4th dimension, where the fear based ego traps the condensed identity in isolation.
In this fifth dimension you will be conscioussly connected with everything around you. Actually see the quantum field.

And it feels exactly like this!:

A telepathic interplay which will eventually annihilate time

”A moment of quantum awakening. A nanosecond will be stretched into infinity and become non-time, during which we will all experience full consciousness of who we are and why we have incarnated. If we choose to return to human form, we will do so in an awakened state, as ‘reflective cells’ of the starmaker.”

(Ken Carey)

Great stuff.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 am » by Rich316

I hope time does get annihilated, i'm sick of having no time for the things that matter these days. Time is overrated!

You know, when you think about this 13th baktun.. Considering there are many other baktun cycles that have passed.. Dont you find it ironic that the only fragments left by the spanish were about the 13th Baktun?? Is there more information on the other cycles that hasn't seen the light of day? It's almost like information regarding the rest of them was removed? Not sure.. just putting that out there for some thought..

Initiate

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 am » by Boatman

I watched a Program the other night about this subject, i think it was channel 4 or something. Anyway this chap who was doing the program asked a lot of Mayan descendants about this, the 13th Baktun, and all of them said that they haven't heard anything about it.
That leads me to one conclusion "It's a load of Bollocks". Taa daa.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 am » by Rich316

Eldorado, I agree they seem far fetched, as does what you typed.. It's no different.. And without coming across like an asshole, being of descent of an indigenous culture does not make you more versed than any other western researcher or author on the topic.. John Major Jenkins is but one example... So certainly no offense there ok.

In fact I believe the indigenous cultures may be even more off the mark as to what may or may not transpire on or around that day.
It's called chinese whispers, things get lost in translation, myths and legends change over time down thru the generations.... I'm glad we have a western view point, an academic viewpoint on the topic.. I think it's needed here. Just look at what all the different cultures say, they're all saying something different.. So if one of them is right, the rest must be wrong. Some of them don't even know about it at all.

What is the blood vomit? You vomit blood when you take in too much sulphur dioxide - volcanoes would do this to a persons respiratory system...

What about this: ? will occur. Do they mean the word IT will occur? What will occur?

(It will be) the descent(??) of the Nine Support? God(s) to the ?." Who are the nine support Gods? and what is their role?

The thing is these words were etched in stone back in the day.. They're open to ones interpretation, but the questions are fair don't you think?

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 am » by Richc

Boatman wrote:I watched a Program the other night about this subject, i think it was channel 4 or something. Anyway this chap who was doing the program asked a lot of Mayan descendants about this, the 13th Baktun, and all of them said that they haven't heard anything about it.

Watched that too.. On More4 i think...

They also had one of only a couple of people that can read ancient Mayan script look at the stone about the 13th Baktun which the whole theory hangs off...

He said it had dates at the top and talked about a ceremony. Nothing about the end of the World.
But typically the rest of the stone was missing... ( Probably the bit that states go back to work on 22nd December.. ) :flop:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am » by Cosmine

Boatman wrote:I watched a Program the other night about this subject, i think it was channel 4 or something. Anyway this chap who was doing the program asked a lot of Mayan descendants about this, the 13th Baktun, and all of them said that they haven't heard anything about it.

1:Do you expect a bunch of alcoholics/junkies to be in touch whit their roots,imo,it just reflect the level of awareness of the society they bathe in.
2:Don't trust tv,even if the program producer did an ethical job (as a reporter.)
The tv network will edit out anything annoying to their "scheme".

Thanks for the inputs everyone,great read!
Something interesting to read for once,since a while...lol.

Speaking of prediction,my "sister" once told me "Don't worry (about 2012'ish things.),something marvelous will happen."

"Sister" is often a little jokesteress,but "it" sounded like one of her serious moments.

Cheers everyone
:cheers:
Cosmine's cohost...:M8

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am » by Svaha

The return of the .... Christ / Rishis / Thunderbird / Quetzalcoatl / .... doesn't point at one coming from the sky to help all, it points at a state of being that all will transform into the next hundred years or so.
This process is already going on for some years now, changing humanity from the inside out.
It is not a coincidence that the need for controll by our 'rulers' has increased, no coincidence that our 'rulers' are psychopaths, no coincidence that the debt / scarcity system is breaking down.

It is true that in the beginning (now) there are few already transformed, and many will just die / go mad because they can't let go of the old 'material' world or just because they are at the wrong time at the wrong place.
It is also true that we are already what we will be in the near future, our energy body is the blueprint for this body, it looks like a fierce dragon.

The coming together is the coming together of all people (in the 'heart'), something that only can be reached if one is 'connected' to all, now this is still a choice, soon there will be no choice left but the two elementairy choices, die or live.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Next