Me, "fyodor1313" breaking news on Toyota Raid!!!

Initiate

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 pm » by Timewarp

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm » by Reinaul

could this be the beginning of a nationalizing campaign .. or its too much Hugo Chavez ?
“The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
-Albert Einstein

Be Your Own Messiah

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 pm » by Dank1

thanx jet my man, im outa smoke so im a little weird today YAY!
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Initiate

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm » by Fyodor1313

timewarp wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Haha... Good and cathartic.

Initiate

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm » by Fyodor1313

My latest upload:

[youtube]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rpsPXQFTAmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rpsPXQFTAmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

jetxvii

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 pm » by jetxvii

This is a straight ploy, toyota a few years ago was the number 1 selling car in america.

all of a sudden it seems that American cars aren't selling well because the CEO's take too much money, charge too much for their vehicles, they aren't fuel efficient, and let's be realistic all cars have there problems Like lets say for instance Dodge, Ford, Chevy.

Dodge has a lot of problem with suspension, bearing systems, rod systems, and they have had several complaints that no matter what they do when they release their vehicles they still have these same issues and seem to not address those particular issues. was there a recall on the vehicles that were driving and there rod just broke and fell apart? NOPE.

A lot of Chevy's in the year 2000 have internal engine Issues, one being a overheating and a internal compressor that isn't stable and can cause engine fires, I know this because I own a Chevy Impala and they had a very "small public" recall that was under the media spotlight, and when I asked about the problem to the dealership they said the issue was very widespread and it was an accident with shipping out vehicles to early while putting in cheap parts and also bypassing / light footing over safety standards and inspections to push the shipping dates forward, this is the second time I have had to go in / in 2 years to fix my cars engine by something that was the companies fault.

GMC / Fords, I won't even attempt to list the issues with those pieces of crap.

these are all American cars that don't get the third degree because they are American cars, all they have to do is have a recall and they don't get big spotlight media attention.

then comes Toyota that for the last 5 years since this whole bailout / better car business started, has been awarded 5 stars safety ratings, top car to produce less emissions ( not that / that matters) top fuel efficient car, and lets see here, it seems that the Toyota Prius is the number 1 drivers choice for the year 2010, not to mention that is has been the top selling vehicle for some time..

enter a hateful and very sober American / government run car industry, and that is where you get your big media troubles.

1. toyota is stealing business from American car makers
2. there cars are better built with safety standards.
3. there cars are better for fuel efficiency.
4. there acceleration parts are built where?..... AMERICA!

IF YOU READ BELOW, you can see that this is just a smear tactic and the statement below agrees with it. CARS can not be 100% safe and they never will be, as I have stated above all companies have there problems and they just want toyota to take extra time and take away extra money to make sure they are held to a standard that no American car company is going to be held to so they can install a black box to see what they are up to at all times and monitor them, and the reason is because they make better cars and possibly messed up one time in there recent incredible car rating history.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... _US_News_3

"I am absolutely confident that there is no problem with design of electronic throttle control system," Mr. Toyoda said through a translator. He was responding to concerns among lawmakers that electronics may be at fault for the sudden unintended acceleration complaints that were the basis for the hearing.

Earlier, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood told the committee that Toyota vehicles affected by recent recalls aren't safe unless they receive needed repairs, and added that his agency can't say conclusively whether or not electronic problems are at fault for sudden-acceleration incidents.

Mr. LaHood, appearing before Congress, was asked twice by lawmakers on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee whether Toyota's recalled vehicles were safe. When Rep. Elijah Cummings (D., Md.) pressed him, Mr. LaHood replied: "Let me answer you very directly, Mr. Cummings. Those are not safe...We've determined they're not safe."

Mr. LaHood also said the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will conduct a deeper review of automotive electronics issues.

"There are people that believe there are electronics problems with Toyotas, and that's the reason we are going to do a review," he said. "We don't have evidence to say conclusively that there are electronic problems."

Mr. LaHood's comments drew concern from Rep. Mark Souder (R., Ind.), who said car makers could be held up to an artificial standard that vehicles be "100% safe." Can a vehicle be 100% safe, Mr. Souder asked Mr. LaHood. Mr. LaHood said, "our goal is to make vehicles 100% safe."

Mr. LaHood added that his department is looking into whether to make mandation the black boxes that record crash data in vehicles. He also said the data stored in these electronic devides should be easily readable and the information more available to law enforcement and government investigators.

Initiate

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 am » by Govtslave

jetxvii,
you and I are thinking similarly. Defects and Toyota don't go together. The manufacturer with the highest number of recalls is Ford. Gm has more than Toyota as well. This whole accelerator surging problem smells of sabotage. We have seen the commercials for OnStar that promote how general motors can control their vehicles via satellite. If you had the firmware codes for the on-board computer in Toyotas , it is technically possible to override the computer remotely. Toyota has a remote option for starting the vehicle and turning things on and off. So, the interface is already there. Now that the federal government controls GM they have a lot of incentive to knock Toyota off their perch. Also, this would explain why Toyota is scratching their heads over the problem.

Previous