Medieval Sky Ships.

Initiate

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 8:50 pm » by Switchtrip

A good link for people who want to research this subject further

http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm

:)
"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning"

Initiate

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm » by 1973samtyler

[quote=]"Switchtrip"]A good link for people who want to research this subject further

http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm[/quote]

I did like the balance that this link gave, but with my orignal posting, the story told had no need of mythical interpretation, it was told straight and maybe, true?

That's the beauty of these documents, they are told without modern pre-conceptions or agenda.

Frankly, they are the best source of unbiased UFO reporting we can obtain.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm » by Aragajag

Imo its pretty much proof we are not alone in the universe. It makes you wonder though just how much of history is bullshit and to what end has it been twisted, if we had our true history available things would be very different than what they are today thats for sure.
If we could get enough folks to storm the vaticunt library that would probably be a good start to finding out.
When folks deride me for looking into ufo's and I mention the fact that they have been put on canvas for centuries the topic is usually changed or something important to do comes up.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Initiate

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 4:30 pm » by 1973samtyler

I just read something about 'sputniks', space craft launched by the USSR in the 50's and 60's and I remembered just how much they looked like some of the 'UFO's in those Medieval art works.

And I had a crazy thought, what if the visiting alien races where equal to our state of space travel (in 1950's & 1960's) and were sending drones/sputniks to zoom the earth, thus we would have been lagging behind the alien space culture by about 500/600 years at the time and would show that our space culture is developing along similar lines? are we're similar to them?

So imagine, if that idea is right, then they are now 1000/1200 years ahead of us in space travel development - can you imagine what our space technology could be in 1200 years! Is that a correct calculation?

So medieval artists witnessed these objects and believing them to be signs from God, painted them from a religious perceptive - hence the figures placed inside, though I strongly suspect, the artist saw no-one inside - medieval mentality?

Bit of a crazy idea I know, anyone have any thoughts on that?

A Sputnik.

Bottom Right - similar eh?

Writer

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 am » by CyberHobbit

1973samtyler wrote:I just read something about 'sputniks', space craft launched by the USSR in the 50's and 60's and I remembered just how much they looked like some of the 'UFO's in those Medieval art works.

Yes, I see a similar concept.

And I had a crazy thought, what if the visiting alien races where equal to our state of space travel (in 1950's & 1960's) and were sending drones/sputniks to zoom the earth, thus we would have been lagging behind the alien space culture by about 500/600 years at the time and would show that our space culture is developing along similar lines? are we're similar to them?

That's just conjecture, but I like the thinking behind it.

So imagine, if that idea is right, then they are now 1000/1200 years ahead of us in space travel development - can you imagine what our space technology could be in 1200 years! Is that a correct calculation?

The calculation appears correct - I can only hazard a guess at the future. Like anybody else.

So medieval artists witnessed these objects and believing them to be signs from God, painted them from a religious perceptive - hence the figures placed inside, though I strongly suspect, the artist saw no-one inside - medieval mentality?

Don't assume how Medieval human's thought - assumption is the 'mother of fuck-ups!'

Bit of a crazy idea I know, anyone have any thoughts on that?

No, not crazy, and my thoughts are: what is the true reason behind these art works? To glorify 'God' or quietily tell people about UFO's (when no-one had any idea what a UFO was?)

A Sputnik.

Bottom Right - similar eh?

and :cheers: to you.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
Oscar Wilde.

Initiate

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 am » by X-mog

It think it's pretty obvious that Kruschev designed that satellite after his favorite painting.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 11:02 am » by Switchtrip

Bacchus and Ariadne (1523–24) is an oil painting by Titian.

Luca Giordano (18 October 1634 – 3 January 1705)

Guido Reni (4 November 1575 – 18 August 1642)

:)
"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning"

Initiate

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 10:22 am » by Switchtrip

Here there is what looks like aircraft flying and rockets taking off in the 1400's ??? Another Carlo Crivelli (c. 1435 – c. 1495) painting in the Pinacoteca Civica, Italy.

Image Image
"Madonna and Child" Carlo Crivelli (c. 1435 – c. 1495)

:look:

Sorry for the double post but I thought this was a good picture to share.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 1:10 pm » by Vulcanic

keep in mind they thought the stars were gods and they would watch the sky every night as if it were a tv show, watch to see what the gods were doing tonight, now if you believed the stars were living gods flying around the heavens,,,,, how would you paint those stars? :sunny: sometimes the easyest answers are the correct answers. but 6000 years ago and still today things we don't understand we think needs a huge complex answer when really its mostly ends up being something very small and simple. :headscratch: :think:

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 12:14 am » by Switchtrip

"NATIVITY"
Bernardino di Betto , called Pinturicchio (or Pintoricchio) 1454–1513

On a page Edicolaweb, entitled " A UFO is a Nativity by Pinturicchio "reads:

" Looking up in the twilight sky, just above the rocky hills of the horizon, an image leaves us speechless: it looks something like "alien" (in the etymological sense of the word) in the context of the representation. What at first glance could be confused with the Sun or the comet, on closer inspection turns out to be quite another thing. The contours and color of the ball does not just describe a core regular, light gray metallic-looking, which exudes a certain brightness, shown by dashes of yellow-rations that surround the image. Seem tongues of fire, most marked at the bottom, as if to draw the upward motion of the object, without the proper proportions reveals considerable size. "

On another page on same site Mauro Paoletti writes that " Bernardino di Betto, known as Pinturicchio, has reproduced in a depiction of the Nativity, two flying objects. The painting in question exposed, unfortunately behind the plexiglass, Baglioni Chapel in the Church of St. Maria Maggiore in Spello, one can clearly see on the left, in the sky above the hill, a bright object, like gray metal, in fact, seems to reflect the sunlight, surrounded by rays and flames. Its dimensions are considerable, and gives the impression that it is moving upward. It is not the only, in fact, in the space of sky near the tip of the cypress, is another ball of light gray colored orange. Also in this case it is a real object, deliberately shown, to emphasize the occurrence of an event mysterious, UFO mold of which seems to have been witnessed the author of the painting. "

Here is the magnification

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ativit.jpg

:look:

PreviousNext