Meditation as an Escape.

Initiate

PostWed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm » by Malkere

gonzo63 wrote:How could stopping for a relatively brief period everyday and simply clearing/focusing your mind in anyway be bad? Seems to me that prayer and meditation are one and the same. And they both seem to benefit the practitioner only when he doesn't try to force his neighbor to pray or meditate.

See what I did there? I folded it back in on itself.

Gonna hafta meditate on that . . . after I smoke a bowl.

sadly since I moved to Japan I've had to give up weed, a little green is a great medium into that light state.... for some reason I got really sensitive to green after using it for a couple years and never smoked more than a little at a time after that; though it was good for my wallet.

I've always called prayer a form of meditation though, meditation being the focusing of intent at its most basic.... which is pretty much the same thing as prayer.... some people mess it up no doubt though, praying for a new ferrari doesn't usually work for a lot reasons... you know?

sonnyvice wrote:Anyway I never meditated, never felt the need cos I am rather good at concentrating. But recently I started to see the value of being able to have a routine that can clear the clutter in your head when life gets hectic.

Any resources you can recommend?

I'm a big fan of Eckhart Tolle, though I haven't been following him since he went online after getting all famous through Oprah. His book "A New Earth" is really really good.... that's not really meditation though I suppose...
if you're into good concentration though... I mean, really I think every living being should be forced to read the book every five years or less, but he goes in depth about clutter and self-control.

for meditation "How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery" by LeShan is like 2 dollars used on amazon and goes through a list of very basic widespread meditations, and talks about why people meditate etc. It's sort of the beginners guide to meditation. great read though if you never have.
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue;
Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. -Lao Tzu

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 am » by Zer0

gonzo63 wrote:
kerrblur2 wrote:omg can people tell me why this otoel talks? does he just get on threads to bash people? is this all he does? you otoel probably have no idea what Astral travel is or what meditation is. You my friend are a flamer on Dtv. thats all u do is flame. so far what I been gathering you flame in 2 posts now in 2 different threads. make arrogant little comments .

Does anybody else gather this from otoel ? cause i been gone for awhile so i dont know the guy.

I agree completely. Oto is a total tool. Anything that does not fit his rigid dogma of magic sky man above, and ultimate evildoer down below is rejected and ridiculed. No discussion, no debate, no appeal. He is the very definition of a constipated mind. Intellectual discourse is beyond his minute abilities. He is the very primitive thing from which we all try to rise above. Don't let him get you down. His eyes will be opened when he unexpectedly gets hit by a bus (for a small fee, I can arrange this). He is a troll, he is a flamer, probably in more ways than one (yes, Oto, that's a cocksucking joke, at your expense), and he is a provocateur.

To Paraphrase Monty Python:
I fart in his general direction, he is a tiny-brained wiper of other peoples bottoms!

What is the last thread you made that has any value to this site? Oh that is correct, there is none. FAIL!
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 am » by Kerrblur2

otoel, i heard from a credible source that your a alright kid. through the pm message. lol you just like to flame sometimes. and thats what you need to change lol but thats it.

I didnt mean for this to drag out on this thread. I think you got my point right after i posted that message.....
off that topic

I just realized through my 10+ years dealing with energy development, OBE's, Meditation and all the techniques that fall into learning the hidden side of your inner self, that it has opened a pandora's box sort of. the mediation and development of your extra senses help you discover all different kinds of weird stuff! lol Seeing aura's - Moving objects with your energy - Cloud busting lol just to say the least! lol and even spirit contact if your up for the harassment from them lol
Last edited by Kerrblur2 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 12:37 am » by Zer0

kerrblur2 wrote:otoel, i heard from a credible source that your a alright kid. through the pm message. lol you just like to flame sometimes. and thats what you need to change lol but thats it.

I didnt mean for this to drag out on this thread. I think you got my point right after i posted that message.....

Well mang it just pisses me off when I post alot of cool shit, and then some other person comes around and posts some crappy video and everyone crowds to that stuff. I guess I may have anger problems but thats how it is.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 12:42 am » by Kerrblur2

lol cut the swearing first of all and people will start to like you more. lol and just stop jumping into random threads and posting Random ass insults. lol! but thats it!
it has nothing to do with you posting cool "stuff" (---- *theres a start*.

try it for a week.
no swearing. give people a chance when they post on a thread. and give honest responses that deal with the subject in matter and u will see a difference! promise lol
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Initiate

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 am » by Fracturedpsyche

harbin wrote:
Here is another example of simply going with the flow

ImageSo simple really...I am responsible for my own choices - I can choose to be anything...Image

I have died and experienced the merging with a source of indescribable energy. All of time and space, all that it will ever be, and all that it ever was exists in this one moment. I am everywhere and nowhere, nothing and everything. I am simply humble and content with knowing nothing Image

The Way of the Hippy Image
To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions. The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy.

…see the whole thing is a world full of rucksack wanderers, Dharma Bums refusing to subscribe to the general demand that they consume production and therefore have to work for the privilege of consuming, all that crap they didn’t really want anyway such as refrigerators, TV sets, cars, …all of them imprisoned in a system of work, produce, consume, work, produce, consume, I see a vision of a great rucksack revolution thousands or even millions of young Americans wandering around with rucksacks, going up to mountains to pray, making children laugh and old men glad, making young girls happy and old girls happier, all of ‘em Zen Lunatics who go about writing poems that happen to appear in their heads for no reason and also by being kind and also by strange unexpected acts keep giving visions of eternal freedom to everybody and to all living creatures.
Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums) 1958...

Maybe it's the time of year. Yes, and maybe it's the time of man.
And I don't know who I am. But life is for learning ~ Joni Mitchell

The Way of the Hippy
From A to Z"
by Skip Stone
http://www.hipplanet.com/books/atoz/way.htm

This is the Illuminati, Pentagon, I mean Hollywood's brainwashing version of a hippie back in 1969...

Space Hippies

Upload to Disclose.tv

This episode is notable for various reasons:
On the negative side, it's often considered a very camp, borderline, ridiculous episode by some with a very poor and badly written scenario. There is indeed an element of ridicule in the way that hippies are characterized, whether for their grotesque carnaval attire, the openly goofy parts sung by Adam et al, or the slightly ridiculous vocabulary ("we reach !"). However it's gotta be said that it's more a "so bad it's fun" kind of bad than a genuinely "horrendously boring and missed the mark" kind of bad - let's be honest here: don't we all wanna say "i reach !" or shout "herbert herbet !!!"... Also the episode has aged rather badly in that it is quite dated, unlike other episodes which are quite timeless.

Another "negative" -to some at least- is that the episode can somewhat be construed as reactionnary as an obviously anti-LSD anti-hippie effort. Indeed not only is Dr Severin depicted as an outlandish bigot who sadistically toys with a gang of naive young bohemians, but he and Adam eventually die once they reach their goal : eating the fruits of Eden. The fruits despite their luscious beauty are poisonned with "acid", in fact all the vegetation on Eden is acid laden and "burns". The anti LSD metaphor is here quite clear : acid burns, acid kills. Dr Severin as the crazy hippie doctor and his philosophy of youth and wisdom (exemplified by the brunette who tries to swing Sulu by telling him "you're young brother, think young !") is quite reminiscent of Timothy Leary and some of his loony theories on cellular wisdom (detailed in the Politics of Ecstasy). We are spared no anti LSD clichés. In fact, the scenarists go as far as having Irina sobbing "it was so beautiful" therefore conjuring the image of a hippie girl having seen the beatific vision of Eden under acid (LSD) yet sobbing realizing that this vision was merely fleeting and elusive and possibly misleading. Eden was a deception, acid/LSD a real poison...

However a closer examination shows a certain sympathy on the scenarists' part regarding hippies and their ideals. Spock is the mediator here:

* He is somewhat familiar with their philosophies of One suggesting this is not as outlandish as one may think,
* He reminds Kirk that these people are quite intelligent,
* He goes on to say that "there is no insanity in what they seek" thereby giving some legitimity to their goals,
* confronting Kirk's disbelief on the existence of Eden, he reminds Kirk that "many myths are based on truth" eventually going as far as locating Eden thereby giving more than an aura of credibility to their beliefs.
*To a lesser extent he agrees to have a jam session with them, which at least shows that they have some good taste and hightened artistic skills.

The scenarists if they are clearly not sympathetic to some of the hippies' ways -acid burns, acid kills- are nonetheless sympathetic and benevolent to their ideals and some of their other ways (music and a certain exhuberant joie de vivre).

On a more esthetic point of view, one of the positive hallmark of this episode, it's gotta be said, is the music. Yes the MUSIC !!! There are some pretty funky, hilarious, goofy yet beautifully edenic (in their state of mind that is) songs here.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Who was most upset when Nixon died?
Other dead people...Image
The earth is what we all have in common ~ Wendell Berry

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostFri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm » by Fracturedpsyche

harbin wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

ImageIt does not get any better than that and here I was thinking to myself that I have come across many cool and classic videos on YouTube... That is one of the best things about Disclose TV, just when you think you have seen it all something new shows up...

I am not even going to asks how you found or just simply came across that one...But it most certainly is a classic and that one is being added to my list of classic videos... :pray:

Fortunately, I have five older sisters, all in their forties, fifties and sixties and we all enjoy movies and music, especially those rare ones and the video even caught them by surprise... :o

Kenny Rogers was the man when I was still learning how to walk...Image

I grew up enjoying all of his movies and listening to his music, absolutely one cool dude...

ImageThank you for sharing it Harbin... Trippin' videoImage
Last edited by Fracturedpsyche on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 15, 2011 5:01 pm » by 99socks

Bump.... for those who haven't yet read Eckhart Tolle's The New Earth. :D

Initiate

PostFri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm » by Fracturedpsyche

Ripples on the Surface of Being

ANDREW COHEN: What would it mean to get lost in doing?

ECKHART TOLLE: Theoretically, it would mean that I would continuously travel, teach, and interact with people. Perhaps if that happened, at some point the flow, the stillness, might not be there. I don't know; it may always be there. Or physical exhaustion may set in. But I feel now that I need to return to the pure stillness periodically. And then, when the teaching happens, just allow it to arise out of the stillness. So the teaching and stillness are very closely connected. The teaching arises out of the stillness. But when I'm alone, there's only the stillness, and that is my favorite place...

ANDREW COHEN: What exactly do you mean when you say that the purpose of the world lies in the transcendence of it?

ECKHART TOLLE: The world promises fulfillment somewhere in time, and there is a continuous striving toward that fulfillment in time. Many times people feel, "Yes, now I have arrived," and then they realize that, no, they haven't arrived, and then the striving continues. It is expressed beautifully in A Course in Miracles, where it says that the dictum of the ego is "Seek but do not find." People look to the future for salvation, but the future never arrives.
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazine/j18/tolle.asp

[youtube]AkvfY07tVTs&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]qv6-frjRVfw&feature=related[/youtube]

All the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace — arise from beyond the mind ~ Eckhart TolleImage

PreviousNext