Meditation for stress and anxiety

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 4:02 am » by Lucidlemondrop

Wasn't making light of your health issues on the other thread Doms.

I hope you do find a cause and remedy soon cause feeling out of sorts for whatever reason is a pain in the ass.
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 4:06 am » by domdabears

Lucidlemondrop wrote:Wasn't making light of your health issues on the other thread Doms.

I hope you do find a cause and remedy soon cause feeling out of sorts for whatever reason is a pain in the ass.

I know. I have a sense of humor. It's not like I'm dying.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 9:37 am » by Seriouscitizen

I'd want to hook in on the spirituality/new age questions (or at this point drama) around this once more.

From personal experience i am starting to see that most "spiritual" questions are becoming scientific questions in these times.
And looking the "new age" basics as an isolated way of doing things is very limiting.

Like everything when you put it in a box to make it easy to oversee, it limits the perception you can have on the connection or analogies "new age' thoughts have with scientific, or even just everyday logic thinking.

For example, in the case of Dom having a Thyroid problem. You can look into it the lineair way saying thryoid problems can be caused by auto immune problems. And than stop analysing. But it doesnt stop there does it?
Auto immune problems can be geneticly caused or by your body being acidic/toxicated.
So then it doesnt stop there too, Is it genetic? Then look into your family history and if it has been there all the time or is i only recent? In that case what has been a trigger?
Or when it is toxics, there can be 2 options again. Your body can be toxic because of stress or because of an acidic diet.

My point is the list doesnt end after ONE stop. And that is was most traditional docters do. Take only One or Two steps into determing the cause and solution. Literally.
Docters have a book in wich they look up in all the symptoms, they don't even have to think about it if they choose to, besides how to flip a page, and then have medical solutions presented.
Thats how they make crazy amounts of money! And if it isnt for the money they dont even have the time to holisitcly interview and analyse all causes.

So for everyone ever visited a doctor (besides the millionaires who have a personal m.d.) honestly at how many questions does the doctor stop?
-------------------------------------------

New Age or whatever, meditation, mindfullness, law of attraction. All that comes down to controling your thoughts. Socks is super right. Happy thoughts arent going to solve anything as is trying to stop yourself from thinking in any way.
To my opinion trying to stop think can only work if you are very centered and don't really have any problems to begin with.

But there is a dogma here, is mindfullness about "happy thoughts" or stop thinking?
Were psychology and mindfullness and meditation cross paths in a holistic point of view is the way they Acually are a tool to do one thing:

Accept ALL your thoughts and by accepting them giving your self the chance to learn from them.
A psychologist would never say: no you cant think that, replace it whit a happy thougts. Nor would mindfullness be truly full if you only allow the happy parts.
Your thoughts are a part of you even the bad ones. And even though that is a different subjects (regarding energy vampires etc) the bad ones are also at least Triggered by you.

We have a tendancy by only accepting parts of ourselves because recognizing/appointing another part is to painfull. And our natural response to pain is that we want to avoid it.
Because the ammounts of stress we live in today is in fact not natural, so it is logic for our brain to react that way.
But avoid to much we become mentally ill. We create patterns. Patterns create downward spirals into "negative thinking". So saying "positive thinking" is he solution to counteract a negative patters is again looking at a problem from an Isolated perspective.

Only by accepting the whole and getting out side of the box to see what are All possible triggers and solutions we can get to a cause and eliminate it. The rest is just temporary.
Creating happy thougts - temporary avoidment
Silencing your mind - temporary avoidment

People have all kinds of patterns they don't even know of to avoid, this could be ciggarets, going to the gym, excessive meditating, excessive dieting all things that can get you away from the pain. But why do we have to do it over and over again? because its temporary. Only getting the problem by the root is when we start actually "healing'.

Its like the common prase, you can get a kid out of the war, but you can't get the war out of kid by doing that.

Like socks says if you think Happy thougts are the solution and the fault is you being negative, you will punish yourself anytime you have a "bad thought" by trying push that thought away you punish yourself for having it and you create a safe with all kinds of stored up emotional garbage. So any trigger can get you on a downward spiral again. By allowing all thougts and look at them from the point of an observer, like mindfullness suggests you can see what is bothering you.

The key is to not see you thoughts as YOU but just a logic outcome to the thinking machine. And the thinking machine just wants to keep you safe and out of pain. Seeing it as a machine doing its job you can relativate the problems and this way it takes the emotional load of so you can actually find the energy to start coming up with solutions. A clear mind is a mind wo can naturally do its job without to much supressed emotional garbage.

-------------------------------------------

So how to solve a medical/psychological problem to begin with.
Accept there is something wrong. Try and step out of the problem, don't take the problem personally ;) and see the whole.
Yes chakra's excist. But they are reacting to what YOU do as well just as your body and mind does. So they arent the problem they are just the mechanism not properly working because of a problem, see the difference?

If it is actually a fifth chakra problem this only states there is a problem in that AREA, that means everthing related to communication/thyroid gland. These are interconnected.

That doesn't mean you have to do everything the "chakra acknowledging people community" does, like meditating. Its only gives you a point of refference in wich the problem might be.
So it is a personal yourney. And everyone giving there opinion is just trying to have there experiences being able to help find the right one for Dom. Right?

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 12:44 pm » by SamueltheLion

Spock wrote:I tend to think that people who believe meditations and new age mantras can cure anxiety disorder have never suffered panic attacks on an ongoing basis.

Those things will not work. For me, I'm not sure what it is, and no doctor has ever been able to cure them, they come in stages in life, then go away, then pop back up.

I plan on getting my thyroid checked as well, that idea offers some hope. I still feel like it is something chemical, some sort of overload. Although, I have noticed that bright lights, strobing, and chaotic colors (such as being in a video store with fluorescent lights and lots of colored boxes on the wall) tend to trigger them. Peripheral shadows can do it too, such as the visual rhythm of the dotted line in the middle of the road.

It was suggested to check for temporal lobe epilepsy too, but I never did.

do you have tooth fillings?

my mother does, and has had some of the things you mention spock.

might be mercury poisoning? through way old tooth fillings.

the docs said she had epilepsy, compounded by stress, panic attacks and thrashing were common, they didn't really know why, but had her in hospital and gave her medication which made her quite drowsy and "out of it". my thought is: could it not be heavy metal poisoning? apparently epilepsy is often caused by shocks to the brain, and internal scarring, by having been in such things as traffic accidents, riding accidents, falling from heights and so on.

i walked in on her whilst in a "grand mal" seizure attack and actually thought she was dieing, it was probably the most horrifying thing i've experienced, but it tought me something: life doesn't go on forever, and if you can solve health problems with the means available to you, then DO IT, don't ignore it.

if nothing "accepted" cures it, then try what is unaccepted, plants, supplements, water purification methods, meditation.

hey, it wasn't long ago that the majority population was xenophobic and probably thought meditation had something to do with devil worship or opening yourself up to evil spirits? now it's actually proven by institutes like holo synch and modern science that it helps your brain waves and correct the natural flow of life within you, you CAN heal yourself with the power of thoughts.

having meditated over the years (i know i'm encorrigible LOL), i believe i've been able to cope with what's gone on around me (or through me should i say?), and come to inherit a small portion of higher knowledge, which allows me to see through the mainstream veil, and snap out of authority trance, which would have me powerless,
and even more devastated than i am, at some of the horrific things that go on in this world.
(parasitism, war profiteering, sadism...)
subscribing to their view that nothing can really be done, and that there is no cure for epilepsy, or life, in this degraded shape and form, in general.

when there actually IS, and it could be as simple as a few supplements, changing the diet and relieving stressful pressures applied on one, by things like meditation, which i will wittily state again, are as old (in fact older than) the pyramids. not new age at all, only new age in so far as how they have reached your ears.

before anyone says "oh you shouldn't talk about that kind of thing here" "it's too personal" or whatever, we're all members of the same human family here, and if my experiences can help anyone, then i hope it does, and share it willingly.

the way i see it, sure there are new world order watchers and weirdos here on the forums, sure there are agents and what have you, but i give my life freely for the highest purpose of the universe to unfold, and I AM PROTECTED, by a higher force, than what i could protect myself with, by -just trying to stay alive-

that's what i'm doing here, that's what you all signed up for and agreed to do here, in your search for the truth.

we are supposed to -be fruitful and multiply- on all levels; cross pollination of knowledge and ideas, and motivation.

not petty tyrants, picking one another apart and pulling each other down.

well, i'll just end my little ramble now by saying: so many of these modern illnesses have as their cause the modern lifestyle, for which solutions are known, but not acted upon, because that is one of the curses of our civilization: too much knowledge and input to act on all at once, thus, it would be highly great for us to go and retreat into a cave for a few days, and submerge in utter darkness, to come out and realize the value of all of this information and knowledge, and learn to apply it, instead of just talking about it.

behold the zapper, and the accompanying article.

http://educate-yourself.org/be/

-given that all things are vibration, illnesses are, too, and if you apply the right wavelength, frequency, counter vibration, you free yourself from what has otherwise become a hopeless case, but then again, maybe you should just accept your fate lieing down, and let death take you? well, it's all up to you i guess, that's the thing: It's ALL up to you-

lowsix

dtv is a china shop?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and if that's "pointing out the obvious to you", then you live in a dark world my friend.

sure i have a shadow, and problems with owning it, but i do believe yours is darker than mine,
so much so that you may be unable to also see my light.

:mrcool:

some people just want to have problems, instead of embracing positivity,
they are infatuated with destruction and pulling others down, not with me buddy.

go meditate.

sounds like you're running from the cure.

"NO NO!NO NO! NON! the doc, mr. doctor woctor, he tells'd me ! He told me! that this pill and operation and thingsy wings would cure my poor dis ease which i have nothing to do with and didn't cause or bring into reality by manifestation, oh noez, no i didn't, i can't accept responsibility for things i didn't do, and i'm powerless, so, like! Omg! don't look at me like that, the solution to my problems is and always has been outside of me"

:lol: LOL, i LAUGHT at you and your attitude, I LAUGH AT IT!

The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings…
As the shadow follows the body,
As we think, so we become.

you are so ignorant, man.

The Self Healing Principle

Let us consider that you are ill of body because you have made it so by desiring to make it so. If you will but realize that you are recording the pattern of defective thinking upon your Soul-record as well as right thinking, and desire instead that the normal recordings of long ages of building a normal body will regive you a normal body NOW if you will but let it. Your illness will be voided and replaced with the normalcy of the light-image of your ages-long building of your identity. If you will but look again at Fig. 6 and realize that the omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent Mind of the invisible God Light, therein symbolized, has absolute rule over the projected light of His thinking, as symbolized in Fig. 7, you will more readily comprehend how it is that the invisible omnipotent, omniscient YOU can, and do, project balanced, or unbalanced conditions to your body from your Self to create yourself in your own Image.
(Walter and Lao Russell, Atomic Suicide?, p. 258)

maybe i provoked this reply from you? i don't know, but 99socks (who i incedentally think is great, too) is perfectly capable of defending herself! so, champ, don't be vicious in the name of defending someone else.

"many think you are an ok guy", no, i'm not -ok-, there is nothing -ok- about me.
i don't care what they or you, think cause i know i'm GREAT, and i don't need people's confirmation, my own is sufficient. it keeps being verified for the universe by me, directly.

and i already know you're charging up whilst reading this, with your bitter venemous thoughts, about to go on about how vain i am or how it's an ego trip, when really, it's just me accepting myself.

when i go for a shit on the toilet, I'M AWESOME, when i go for a walk with the dog I'M AWEOSME,
when i miss-spell what i type like i just did, I'M STILL AWESOME.

i am not going to satisfy myself with being -ok-, because ok is equivalent in my view of how you said it, with acceptance of mediocrity and -just fitting in- i do not want to fit in, i want to stick out, and be complete, be an integral part, and i want all of you to stick out, too, and feel comfortable whilst doing so.

i think your reply has more to do with your projection of self onto me and our interpersonal "beef", than this thread, socks, or meditation, directly, i was "just" adding my view, also.

and i don't call it valid criticism, i call it vicious and honestly it makes me a little sick and pulls me down,
why does it pull me down? because obviously there is SOME truth to it, but it's about the delivery, it's about your intention.

And hey, we need rainbows, sunshine, dolphins, elephants, etc etc.

this place is dark, and among all your cynicism and myopic hopelessness, i'm sure a lot of the lurkers get pulled down and feel hopeless too.

There is a bettery way of life.

someone turn the light on, please.

oh wait, that's my job!

so here we go.

On with the rainbows, sunshine and lollipops, lol

Imagine that every person in the world is enlightened but you. They are all your teachers, each doing just the right things to help you learn perfect patience, perfect wisdom, perfect Compassion.
All that we are is a result of what we have thought.
Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

People with opinions just go around bothering one another. ~ The Buddha

LOL! Isn't that a great one lowsix! hahaha

it reminds me of plato's 4 stages of knowledge, ok i admit, i'm not -up there- yet, but that's where i'm going, and i want to take you all with me! :D

uhhh, uhhhhhhhh i'm so scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeedddddddddd... nooo, there could be something newwwwwwwwwwwww about my life, happening, sam could be right about all this stuff he's channeling... or left, or centred, who knows! Who really knows!?

:nails:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LoL.

chill out people.

go meditate, do some yoga, try it, just this one, just try it, go on, please, what's the worst that can happen, what can actually, ACTUALLY, go wrong? Eh?

you might :vomit: purge something?

you might :hell: get angry at the life you've been living? and what's going on in this earth?
well that's GOOD, you SHOULD get angry.

you might discover your true self has been hiding away in the shadows all this time?

all along? that your magnificent, resplendent, pure souled sentient transcendent boundless self, has been laughing at you, poking? whilst you were residing in the safe zone your ego has desperately tried to hold together? Let it go, come on...

just try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxcWSj3XPgk

unleash the master... literally. un-leash; let him/her/the child off the leash.

and when you notice the effects (like i know you will, because i have, and it DOES work), then be persistent, be the highest emanation of yourself you know how to be, only then will you truly satisfy your own conscience and inherit the life you secretly wish 4
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 pm » by Seriouscitizen

AWESOME, Sam.

I do want to add this Sam.

Polarity :

"all of your moments, you live in one end of a spectrum or the other. When something 'good' happens to you, you say. 'that's positive' But you know what positive equates? Male Gender. And when something 'bad' happens to you, you term it 'negative'. What is negative? Female. You see around you how everything has a Male and Female pole? (Now you know why you have such a difficulty finding equality in genders)

Have you ever allowed something without judging it as good or bad, positive or negative, higher or lower? have you? Have you ever seen something as just "is"? Well it is only in the consciousness called 'is/be/allow' that you move beyond the extremities of negative/positive energy and out of judgment. As long as you live in polarities, dogma will rule your life. As long as there is 'good' there must always be a 'bad, because every moment you see something as good you must create a 'bad' to balance it. Did you know that? Whenever you embrace the understanding called 'right' you will draw to you 'wrong' the polarity of it. Now you know why things dont always 'go right'.

The IS is without good and evil, its without right and wrong, its without negative and positive, its is without perfection and imperfection. IT just IS. That is why living in 'right and wrong' is a great limitation- because it divides thought. It does not ALLOW al thought to be received for emotional knowingness Be and allow.

Fears, dark things. Darkness does not equate evil. Dark is hidden from the light. Dark; because they are unknown; and whatever is unknown, your survival instincs tell you to be suspicious and fearful of. It will bring all your fears right to you doorstep so that you may have the knowledge of them and own them. OWN them. Once you own them, what will you be afraid of thereafter? Nothing."

Fears cause patterns, by instead of owning them you are avoiding them, or overcompensating them creating another extreme.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm » by Noentry

Stress Tips: Calm Your Mind, Heal Your Body

When it comes to your health, there is one factor that is more important than almost any other...

If it is missing from your life, it causes or worsens 95 percent of all illness. It has been associated with dramatic reductions in disease and increased longevity.

And it is more important than cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, or any other risk factor in determining whether you will live a long and healthy life. But it doesn't come in a pill, and it can't be found in a hospital or in your doctor's office.

What is this critical factor that determines so much about how healthy or how sick you are?

Your attitude, your social networks, your community, and your spiritual beliefs.

Put another way, the health of your mind and spirit and your sense of connection to your community has an immense impact on the health of your body. In fact, aside from eating breakfast, the biggest predictor of longevity is psychological resiliency -- being able to roll with the punches that life throws at us.

We've known about this in medicine for a long time. I was recently browsing through my library and found an old book that I read in college called Mind as Healer, Mind as Slayer, written by a friend and leader in the field of mind/body medicine, Kenneth Pelletier. He is a clinical professor of medicine at the medical schools of the University of California, San Francisco and the University of Arizona.

His book was published in 1977. I wish I could say that a lot has changed since that book was published. Sure, we have filled in the gaps and learned more about the mechanisms through which the body affects the mind and the mind affects the body, but the basic truths remain the same.

There is a dramatic and powerful connection between your mind and body, and between your body and your mind. In fact, it really should not be called a connection because it is just ONE bidirectional system.

Unfortunately, few doctors accept or understand this fundamental reality about biology. So, in most doctors' offices, you aren't going to learn about the connection between your body and brain or how to use that connection to help you heal.

However, in this blog I am going to give you the tools to do that. I am going to explain how the body and mind are intimately connected and give you 10 tips you can use to calm your mind and heal your body.

Calming your mind is the last of the 7 Keys to UltraWellness; today you are going to learn how you can relax your way to vibrant health and optimal weight.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-h ... 40885.html

Now, what about cancer? Some years ago I saw a Discovery Channel program in which they tell the story of a teenager. Doctors have diagnosed a form of tumor in his brain that was incurable. But the boy does not fall into despair. He loved Star Wars and he began to imagine his brain tumor as the Death Star. He imagined her as white blood cells Rebel X-Wing spacecraft to attack the Death Star. In 2 or 3 months, the tumor disappeared completely.

Read more: http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-dis ... z25gTUq0Xk

I have been looking for the discovery docu, but cant find it, shame.

A healthy mind is the path to a healthy body.
A healthy body can cure all, if not all, the majority of illnesses out there.
The idea is if you rebalanced your body, with the right foods and nourishment and with positive thinking, then you give yourself the best chance of a healthy life.

If you have a Genetic discrepancy then this type of life style will improve your life and your health.
The idea is if you are damaged genetically the reality is you got that from your parents.
So if you want to give your children a healthy life you must also be healthy.
Dont get me wrong it is hard work, no more fast food, produce food and acidic water etc etc.
It is a life style change not a diet, but it is well worth the effort.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Try not to let the product placement put you off. This shit works.

Dom if you follow this life style I guarantee you will be cured.
:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm » by domdabears

Just got back from my Endocrinologist. Right now just for the symptoms he prescribed me Propranolol for my high blood pressure and anxiety.

I have to make an appointment at the hospital for a Thyroid uptake and scan. Then we'll find out what's causing this. He said most likely it could be Autoimmune disease. Then he'll treat that.

But for now, I got beta blockers.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 6:04 pm » by SamueltheLion

now that's a promise!

anyway, had a discussion with my cousin who's doing a PhD in aids research and she had to relent and admit, yoga, like any type of exercise, does help, and fights off illnesses, dis eases, flus etc, because it makes you happy... it boosts your immune system.

i promise if you invest even a little time into it, of which meditation is an integral part, you will reap the benefits, and experience raw spirituality: a connection with yourself and the source of all things within.

Just got back from my Endocrinologist. Right now just for the symptoms he prescribed me Propranolol for my high blood pressure and anxiety.

I have to make an appointment at the hospital for a Thyroid uptake and scan. Then we'll find out what's causing this. He said most likely it could be Autoimmune disease. Then he'll treat that.

But for now, I got beta blockers.

hmmm... all i can suggest, rub the thyroid on your foot, and love yourself, you know that your body is yours right? and if it's auto immune disease, that is, your cells attacking you, know you can communicate with them.

i don't trust doctors, they tend to prescribe pills to make money to survive, instead of lifestyles to revive and reverse ills... when someone's livelihood depends on your ignorance, count on them perpetuating that ignorance.
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 pm » by 99socks

Clarification: I never completely dismissed "new age" practices as having no value. They do. But they are not the end-all, be-all solution to people's health problems. If someone had cancer, I hope to God they would consult with a doctor before boiling down marijuana and eating cottage cheese and linseed oil and meditating. Meditative exercises and things like yoga and tai chi with a good diet CAN and DO help, but they take a long, long time to work. For an asthmatic that means, don't throw out the inhaler just yet!

We also see the same kind of problem in supermarket-stand magazines with all kinds of diet and weight loss tips. Well, as long as people are getting only half of the information from the public, how on earth is it going to work? How many millions of people with serious underlying health problems try yet ANOTHER diet only to afterwards GAIN MORE WEIGHT because they SCREWED UP THEIR BODY with the latest craze of fad diets, pills, drugs, and vitamins because those "solutions" don't address THEIR PERSONAL biological disorder that is causing the weight gain to begin with? It's just another example of "taking control" of things while being BLIND. And it nearly ALWAYS leads to failure. How many times does someone have to fail at what is "supposed" to be SIMPLE before they quit, or fall further down the spiral? Reading an article on the internet that describes the latest medical findings doesn't mean that that finding applies to YOU. And if you're allergic to bee stings, don't toss out the epi-pen just because you started a yoga class last week.

As for Hr2burn and Dom, if you two have auto-immune problems, pleeeease find out why. Don't stop asking until you get a real answer. If your doc doesn't know, dismisses you, or gives you a bullshit answer, keep asking elsewhere. For me, it turns out I have a hidden allergy to GM corn and gluten and this is what is making my immune system go haywire. It could be something else for you. It could be genetic or environmental or dietary or even as mentioned earlier here, tooth fillings. Whatever. Find the answer. It is out there somewhere, it really is.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 6:48 pm » by domdabears

Yeah, I'm getting the scan on the 11th. I'll find out more then. It's a 2 day process at the hospital.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

PreviousNext