meditation

Initiate

PostSat Apr 18, 2009 10:04 pm » by Uknowthetruth

hi there a friend of mine is all into meditation and evreything and he was talking to bout it he dosnt realy know that much bout it but anyway i decided to ask him bout something that seems like a meditation state that i sometimes all of a sudden go trou. he didnt know anything bout it so i decided to look around the net and ask for some info bout it.
here it is
sometimes when im just doing my thing all of a sudden i only see white or if it is dark i only see black and its not like im losing site or my mind or anything like that. it mostly happens when i sort of stare at something.
also if i chosen to not see the white/black then it dissapears.
now im not into any kind of spirtual thing or so but i just wonder what it is im experiencing if its something natural or so. and if other people also experience this

Writer

PostFri May 08, 2009 9:25 am » by Megavirus

uknowthetruth wrote:sometimes when im just doing my thing all of a sudden i only see white or if it is dark i only see black and its not like im losing site or my mind or anything like that. it mostly happens when i sort of stare at something.
also if i chosen to not see the white/black then it dissapears.
now im not into any kind of spirtual thing or so but i just wonder what it is im experiencing if its something natural or so. and if other people also experience this

I don't know I think Ive never expierenced that but maybe something close to it.

Usually when I stare to long it starts hurting my eyes cause there drying up I geuss, but when I stare for a while everything starts getting blurry until I cant see almost except a blurish stanish colour, and in the dark it smears into dark black as if I'm blind.

Theres been times when I was young and was under the influence marjiuana sometimes no drugs present.
lol.. I would stand up and get really light headed and I would see this blurish stanish color that I explained over rule my vision than goes another step if I don't sit down which having black over rule the tan colour making me completely blind as a blind person would see, after that if I don't sit down within about usually 2min at the most I calapse. lol.

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 9:33 am » by Drjones

Meditation is great,i highly recommend it,turn of your tv for god's sake,light some tibetan incense and chill-out,think,be at one with yourself,your thoughts and feelings and surroundings.I tell you i do this every night and it brings me great clarity and insight.
Meditation is good.. :flop: :flop:

Initiate

PostFri May 08, 2009 10:59 am » by Happydayz

This sounds like it could be down to the natural way that the eyes work. Your eyes are like motion sensors and only detect movement. When you are staring straight at something, you are still able to see it because the muscles attached to your eyes are causing your eyes to jitter extremely quickly; however, if you are in a very relaxed state, I believe the muscles start to slow down and eventually stop (when your falling asleep). As your eyes are focusing on one position and the muscles are relaxing, you are not seeing much movement and so the image starts to fade out.

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 11:39 am » by Drjones

happydayz wrote:This sounds like it could be down to the natural way that the eyes work. Your eyes are like motion sensors and only detect movement. When you are staring straight at something, you are still able to see it because the muscles attached to your eyes are causing your eyes to jitter extremely quickly; however, if you are in a very relaxed state, I believe the muscles start to slow down and eventually stop (when your falling asleep). As your eyes are focusing on one position and the muscles are relaxing, you are not seeing much movement and so the image starts to fade out.

Great thinking m8 :flop: :flop:

Writer

PostFri May 08, 2009 12:33 pm » by Megavirus

drjones wrote:Meditation is great,i highly recommend it,turn of your tv for god's sake,light some tibetan incense and chill-out,think,be at one with yourself,your thoughts and feelings and surroundings.I tell you i do this every night and it brings me great clarity and insight.
Meditation is good.. :flop: :flop:

Ya your right meditation can come in good use and alot of people do it even though there not realizing it.
One good meditation ive learn'd that help me was when I have to make a speech to the audiance so before I come up to make a speech I relax at home or where ever and meditate by trying to picture myself already on the stage making my speech with the audiance being good to me, so when I do really come up to make my speech its as if i already made it and now i'm doing it again, it makes me not shake or worry about my sentence coming out wrong thereby making my speech as if I'm reading it off the notes.

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 2:10 pm » by Drjones

Good for you megavirus,i find myself in a constant state of meditation at times.Running if you can do it,is another great way to calm your mind,energise your body and think more clearly..combine running with yoga,highly recommended. :flop:

Initiate

PostFri May 08, 2009 2:38 pm » by Happydayz

Combine running with Yoga!!! That I have to see! :D

Writer

PostMon May 11, 2009 1:16 pm » by Megavirus

drjones wrote:Good for you megavirus,i find myself in a constant state of meditation at times.Running if you can do it,is another great way to calm your mind,energise your body and think more clearly..combine running with yoga,highly recommended. :flop:

Yoga and running?
Do you have to wear spandex? Lol.
I've never done yoga so I don't think I'll know how to do that anyways.
So how do you do yoga while running?

Master Conspirator

PostMon May 11, 2009 1:57 pm » by Drjones

megavirus wrote:
drjones wrote:Good for you megavirus,i find myself in a constant state of meditation at times.Running if you can do it,is another great way to calm your mind,energise your body and think more clearly..combine running with yoga,highly recommended. :flop:

Yoga and running?
Do you have to wear spandex? Lol.
I've never done yoga so I don't think I'll know how to do that anyways.
So how do you do yoga while running?

Erm,i did'nt mean you do yoga WHILST running,jesus :oops: :hmmm: :help: ....my statement is that you should combine BOTH into your life if you want to... :flop:
Hell if you wanna try BOTH at the same time,more power to you,i'm not sure if that has ever been done before... :headscratch: :lol:

Next