Meditation

Writer

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm » by Optimystic

Ive been meditating for a while now and once i start to properly relax with my eyes closed in a dark room, after about 15 mins i start to see blobs of colour swirling and moving, these colours started out as purple with an outline of green, they have now become the colours of gold, yellow, blue and deep pink, the colours always accompany a high pitched ring or tone i hear in my ears yet this sound is not external and not constant, it comes in waves, that also correspond to like a wave of energy that flows thru my body from the top of my head downwards and everytime this wave comes i feel my body more and more relaxed a few times its almost as if i cannot move like only aware of the true me and have no more control over the body, sometimes the colours can look like the shape of heads and shoulders, but im assuming thats my imagination or my logical brain trying to make sense of what its witnessing, but this is as far as i ever get, as not long after its almost as if someone or thing physically turns my body over on its side and this is when i fall to sleep, albeit very relaxed,
the more i do this, the more intense the feelings can get, sometimes it has been very uncomfortable and have conciously broken the experience, this could be due to fear, ( of what i dont know ) very similar feeling to falling from a height, its like the body reacts not me, anyway, in a nut shell this is my experience of something different from the 'norm' just wondering if theres anyone where who have experienced anything similar or could tell me whats happening or what the colours mean, one idea ive formed is that i found an article about the human pineal gland which was very interesting as it was very scientific, which stated the pineal gland was 'bioluminescent' im wondering if the colours could be the pineal gland 'light' and that im merely seeing it from behind the eyes which is why i can still see the colours once in this meditational state with both my eyes open, similar to day dreaming i guess,
any info would be great

bless up all

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 pm » by Optimystic

anyone?

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm » by Eishethel

Something to attempt, with your trick you've found...

empty your mind. Do not seek to see anything in particular. Look not for bright swirling colours, but for a single light source. Seek it out. Focus onto it, in the darkness, the light which you cannot see with your eyes.

If the technique is attempted and successfully accomplished, you may see a place, things, extremely clearly.

If you wind up with your head stuck in a box, and manage to figure out how to get it out, please post. -.-;;

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm » by Djinn

I think this relates to a thread i made once:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/out-of-body-experiences-t125.html

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm » by Optimystic

give thanks i'll look into them, bless

Writer

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 pm » by Sobriquet

optimystic wrote:Ive been meditating for a while now and once i start to properly relax with my eyes closed in a dark room, after about 15 mins i start to see blobs of colour swirling and moving, these colours started out as purple with an outline of green, they have now become the colours of gold, yellow, blue and deep pink, the colours always accompany a high pitched ring or tone i hear in my ears yet this sound is not external and not constant, it comes in waves, that also correspond to like a wave of energy that flows thru my body from the top of my head downwards and everytime this wave comes i feel my body more and more relaxed a few times its almost as if i cannot move like only aware of the true me and have no more control over the body, sometimes the colours can look like the shape of heads and shoulders, but im assuming thats my imagination or my logical brain trying to make sense of what its witnessing, but this is as far as i ever get, as not long after its almost as if someone or thing physically turns my body over on its side and this is when i fall to sleep, albeit very relaxed,
the more i do this, the more intense the feelings can get, sometimes it has been very uncomfortable and have conciously broken the experience, this could be due to fear, ( of what i dont know ) very similar feeling to falling from a height, its like the body reacts not me, anyway, in a nut shell this is my experience of something different from the 'norm' just wondering if theres anyone where who have experienced anything similar or could tell me whats happening or what the colours mean, one idea ive formed is that i found an article about the human pineal gland which was very interesting as it was very scientific, which stated the pineal gland was 'bioluminescent' im wondering if the colours could be the pineal gland 'light' and that im merely seeing it from behind the eyes which is why i can still see the colours once in this meditational state with both my eyes open, similar to day dreaming i guess,
any info would be great

bless up all

i don't know much about the pineal gland but definitely your brain is showing you the colors . when you feel sleepy lay on your bed and start thinking about your favorite song . try to get to that point before being fully asleep and you will start hearing it.