Mel Waters and the Devil’s Holes

Initiate

PostWed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 pm » by Blaborde1488

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DEVIL’S HOLE:
For decades residents from the Manastash Ridge region have talked about one of the most unusual aspects of the sprawling landscape that haloed their hometown. Hidden nearby, on a densely forested parcel of private property, was a seemingly bottomless well that was surrounded by an aura of mystery and danger.

This unfathomably deep pit was said to be about 9-feet in diameter and was shored up with hand placed bricks to a depth of nearly 15-feet until it gave way to earthen walls. The hole had been known to locals for generations — and to Native Americans before them — and had been used as an unofficial dumping ground for everything from defunct refrigerators to old tires and television tubes to livestock and pet carcasses.

What disturbed those who utilized this illegal dumping ground most was the fact that no matter how heavy the object being discarded may have been, those that tossed it into the void never heard it hit bottom. This led some of the more supernaturally inclined in the region to dub the place the “Devil’s Hole,” and rumors quickly spread that this never-ending crater tunneled a direct trajectory to Hades, making it, in effect, a highway to hell.

CHECK OUT THE REST

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/08/m ... 99s-holes/

Initiate

PostWed Aug 10, 2011 8:58 pm » by Thetamplar

Omg, too cool. I listened to the original airing of this on Coast to Coast when Art Bell was still going strong and it was one of the most chilling episodes I ever heard.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 10, 2011 11:10 pm » by Flecktarn

its a cool story be interesting to use a laser to gauge- the depth
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 pm » by Phaeton

Damn.. What if all those sinkholes that have been appearing started to exhibit thesame phenomena.. Straight Stephen King sh* :D
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostThu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 am » by Taurus82

why people dont check it out? a long safety rope and a proffesional clifhanger would do it?! :peep:

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 11, 2011 9:05 am » by Slith

Very cool post

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 am » by Smokeydog

this is a cool story but if what they say is right the militarys already been down and seen whats there
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 11, 2011 8:06 pm » by Yuya63

taurus82 wrote:why people dont check it out? a long safety rope and a proffesional clifhanger would do it?! :peep:

Thats not far from where i live. Might be something to do for a cool camping trip.

Initiate

PostSat Aug 13, 2011 11:55 am » by Taurus82

if i would live not far from it, i would go down that hole & check it out :-)
i would like to meet whats down there :owned: ...probably nothing ...