Michio Kaku - alien civilizations

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 pm » by Abyssdnb

Dr. Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist and co-founder of string field theory, a branch of superstring theory, speaks about 3 types of Extraterrestrial Civilizations

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHbnM_42mQE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHbnM_42mQE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Image "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 6:16 pm » by Electrobadgr

Does anyone else think this is NWO propaganda? At one point he states that any one who opposes the formation of this "Type 1 civilisation" is a terrorist. The Type 1 civilisation is one world government, but the one world government he describes is run by an elite, is still based in monetary economics and a "Type 1 political system". Now correct me if i am wrong but is Star Trek not an example of a type 1 civilisation? In star trek there is no money, just human beings on a quest for enlightenment through the stars. Not some celebrity obsessed type 1 world culture as described here.

I used to have a lot of respect for this guy, now i think he is a dick....

"The internet is a type 1 telephone system, nothing more" - Bullshit, the internet is the modern day fountain of knowledge.....unfiltered, uncensored freedom of expression and information. A damn site more than a glorified phone. It is the most important development of our generation.

I am all for a tolerant united world, geared up to explore the universe as one. I just don't think that is what is happening right now. So now i am a terrorist!!!!! Fuck you Michio Kaku!!
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 6:32 pm » by Gary19702

I didn't get that impression from him at all, he never even eluded to any nwo stuff at all, just scientific theories. he just described the three types of advanced civilaztions that might inhabit the universe, nothing more. I think you read into his statements the wrong way, or just twisted what he said to make a statement. btw, calm down, anger clouds the mind. peace! :)

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 pm » by Electrobadgr

He brands anyone who opposes the formation of a type1 civilisation as a terrorist!!!! WTF?? That sounds pretty hard-line to me, listen closely man, maybe your right and im reading to much into it but just listen to what he says.....

Peace
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Initiate

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 pm » by Xenonymous

I'm all for space exploration 100%

when I think about our future,I think of this...
Our mother star is temporary...about 5 billions years left of life,and it will expand out where it will incinerate our world.IMO in that time we will either have do 2 things...
have the means and technology to maybe fuel and control our sun.OR....travel out into the cosmos on ships to find an inhabitable planet with a young star/sun that will sustain us.

a billion years is a long time for us to develop technology and learn more.

this all maybe a little sci-fi-ish...but maybe we will travel around seeding prospectable planets that will harbor life to continue it's means to survive.maybe we will have to alter our dna in order to inhabit some planets.

we will become the aliens.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 pm » by Gary19702

I gave another listen to the video, and I can see where it can be taken that way badgr, though I honestly don't think he meant to convey anything like that, and yeah, hopefully nasa will start getting more goal oreintated as far as exploration is concerned, we really do need to take the first steps towards going to mars, men, not rovers, to mars. that would be a great first step, I just hope we see it in our lifetimes!