Micro evolution the only evolution that is possible

Initiate

PostWed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 am » by Adamflownemo

:clapper:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 am » by Drextin

Yeah......you can tell that guy was a creationist from the get go. He has less of an understanding of basic science than a 6th grader.

Evolution does not mean we are incapable of surviving in our present forms. Evolution is adaptation to changing environments over a long period of time.

Notice how he says it is possible for animals to evolve. That is the classic religious stance that animals are sub life forms with no comparison to us. If animals have to evolve for survival then so do we. We all breath oxygen and we all need to feed. While our superior brain power likes to make us think we are so much different than animals we are not. We just have a better handle on our basic instincts. Religion likes to make these instincts evil since they will always be present and provide them with a tool to control their masses.

Read an article where religion is going through a very rough patch right now. More and more people are leaving the church and new membership is falling dramatically. Society is no longer so touchy on religion. People aren't afraid to question the church over things they know cannot be right. That is called evolution of the mind.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostWed Apr 15, 2009 8:26 am » by Mugenroshi8

Definitely going to go with Drex's definition, "Evolution is adaptation to changing environments over a long period of time."

I would only disagree with the statement (and it's so minute to the argument it really makes no difference) that we have a better grasp of basic instincts than animals. I believe animals spend their entire lives mastering the basic instincts needed for survival, and in comparison we're little more than infants to them. We tend to use our minds to develop technology to improve our survival chances whilst animals seem to stick to what they've got.

Evolution of the Mind, I really hope you're right Drex, we need something to shift in this Asylum (kind of how I feel to be honest: the real loonies are calling all the shots and all those who didn't test positive for psychotic disorders have all been unwillingly committed and constantly drugged into submission). Go Mind! Go! :wink:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 15, 2009 8:38 am » by Drextin

I would only disagree with the statement (and it's so minute to the argument it really makes no difference) that we have a better grasp of basic instincts than animals. I believe animals spend their entire lives mastering the basic instincts needed for survival, and in comparison we're little more than infants to them. We tend to use our minds to develop technology to improve our survival chances whilst animals seem to stick to what they've got.

Hey man........good catch. I was totally off on that one. I get so angered and worked up over these people(creationists) that I sometimes go too far in the other direction. You are absolutely correct. Plus you said it better than I could have if I'd even tried.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm » by Towelie

Wow ive got a seive in my cupboard with less holes in it than thats got, what a load of pish, this bit should point out how much he knows - "there is no scientific evidence that random genetic mutations caused by natural forces such as radiation can or will generate entirely new genes for entirely new traits." Hes obviousley never seen a Nectarine, we used radiation to alter them, also he should take a look around Chernobyl - The accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in 1986 has generated concern over the genetic consequences of chronic exposure to radiation. Upon monitoring germline mutation in plants and find evidence for a remarkably strong induction of germline mutation in wheat upon chronic exposure to ionizing radiation produced by the Chernobyl accident.

I also liked this one - Genetic similarities between species are no proof of common biological ancestry because it cannot be proved that these similarities are due to a common biological ancestry via chance mutations - oh yeah i forgot God made the Platypus.

I could spend ages happily tearing that appart, but its got so many problems i shouldnt need to point them out.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 6:39 pm » by Nuada

nice work slushpuppies.
“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Initiate

PostTue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 am » by Slowlyawakening

Evolution is real, but I don't think it's as logical and straightforward as scientists like to portray it.

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 am » by Otomon

I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 am » by Ghost32

The argument that long periods of time cause evolution is totally wrong and this is the problem with people being taught that stuff. It's not true!

If you have some earthworms and you wait a million years , they will still be earthworms!

Dont believe me? look up some info on ancient earthworms and tell me if there is a difference!

Evolution is a lie! The only thing that occurrs is adaptation. which mean you might see a bird in your yard with a small beak, but you might drive 30 miles and see the same bird with a longer beak because it had to adapt to conditions to get to the food. The bird didnt go through some elaborate evolution it just adapted!

For what 40 or 50 years or more people have been taught the lie of evolution to turn them from believing in god and it works, there are alot of athiests because of the teachings of evoulution!

which by the way is still a theory and never been proven!

Also with over 4 million fossils in the museums records around the world no one has ever found a intermediate or transitional fossil! Meaning they have never found a fossil of a half dog and half cat and they never will. Animals dont turn into other animals no matter if they do appear somewhat similar in appearence.

What does believing in evolution serve? Well it turns good people from believing they are created special by god, to thinking they are just animals and not special or different at all.

If you think you evolved from a dog then dont get upset when people start treating you like one!

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 am » by Daemonfoe

ghost32 wrote:The argument that long periods of time cause evolution is totally wrong and this is the problem with people being taught that stuff. It's not true!

If you have some earthworms and you wait a million years , they will still be earthworms!

Dont believe me? look up some info on ancient earthworms and tell me if there is a difference!

Evolution doesn't just happen because it can. Evolution happens when a species becomes obsolete in it's environment and does not have the ability to survive long enough to procreate. As obsolete variations of this species die out, if offspring have been born with traits that give it that slight edge to survive, then the species is left with only these new, better equipped variations. Worms are obviously very streamlined for their environment, like the shark. Some things just don't evolve because improvements don't matter to their survival as a species.

ghost32 wrote:Evolution is a lie! The only thing that occurrs is adaptation. which mean you might see a bird in your yard with a small beak, but you might drive 30 miles and see the same bird with a longer beak because it had to adapt to conditions to get to the food. The bird didnt go through some elaborate evolution it just adapted!

Lol what? How exactly do you define "adaption"? Does the bird decide to make it's beak change shape? Perhaps maybe the birds with the short beaks couldn't get food so they either died off or migrated and the birds with the long beaks were the only ones left in that area.

ghost32 wrote:For what 40 or 50 years or more people have been taught the lie of evolution to turn them from believing in god and it works, there are alot of athiests because of the teachings of evoulution!

which by the way is still a theory and never been proven!

Also with over 4 million fossils in the museums records around the world no one has ever found a intermediate or transitional fossil! Meaning they have never found a fossil of a half dog and half cat and they never will. Animals dont turn into other animals no matter if they do appear somewhat similar in appearence.

What does believing in evolution serve? Well it turns good people from believing they are created special by god, to thinking they are just animals and not special or different at all.

If you think you evolved from a dog then dont get upset when people start treating you like one!

You're right about one thing. Dog's don't turn into cats. That's just retarded. But you're wrong about evolution never being proven.

You can clearly see here how a primate skull has changed over the generations. The change looks smooth up until about the end, which brings up a more important point.

The missing link.

The missing link means that it cannot be proven that Humans evolved directly from apes, THOUGH it cannot disprove it either. The more likely scenario here is genetic manipulation. In either case, evolution has been proven. What humans evolved from is an entirely different point. We may not have evolved at all. We may have been designed in a lab.

Whether we are created in a lab, evolved from apes, or created by God, evolution HAS been proven and has been clearly illustrated, even IF humans have been wrongly associated with any species.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe