military movement uk p2

Initiate

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 9:57 pm » by Neilglfc

ok i posted this the other week and was asked what kind of helicopters are flying around liverpool.well at last ive spotted them below cloud level.black charnuks (dont bore me about my spellin).just seen 3 of them in my area.circling for around 15-20 mins.this has been going on now for around 6-8 weeks.very strange and whats stranger is you never hear or see them on clear days.they always do a fly over when sky is grey or white'ish.today for some reason they were in view.???????????????
****** " From Smash Get Mash " ******

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:03 pm » by Tuor10

2020vision wrote:We get lots of low flying Chinooks flying over here all the time, they are always doing exercises nearby, also jets, that is probably what it is.

I see them a lot too. There are a couple of bases near me though.

Initiate

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 pm » by Neilglfc

no bases in liverpool and although ive seen this type of helicopter before there usually camouflaged not black.its the circling around parts of the city thats strange

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 pm » by Tuor10

neilglfc wrote:no bases in liverpool and although ive seen this type of helicopter before there usually camouflaged not black.its the circling around parts of the city thats strange

Does sound odd.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm » by Flecktarn

Morcombe Bay and Liverpool Bay Gas Fields - Helicopter Support Flights
Flight Plan Procedures for Helicopter Operations over Sea Areas around the UK
this may account for the helicopter flights flight training for twin rotor pilots over populated areas and sea ,

also ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The mysterious morning landings of chinook helicopters in the middle of a city park has been solved.

For much of this week, Cardiff residents had noticed helicopters flying overhead and landing in the park in Bute Park, Cathays, before flying off almost immediately.

Twitter user Heather Jones spotted the choppers landing in the park, asking yourcardiff: “any idea why for 3 days in the past week, chinook helicopters have flown over Cardiff City Centre & landed in Bute Park?!”, joined by fellow eagle-eyed tweeter Tom Foggin who said: “Just saw an army chinook take off from Bute park… what the hell??”

But the riddle of the phantom Chinooks was solved this morning, when the RAF and Cardiff council confirmed the helicopters were taking part in training exercises for pilots.

An RAF spokesman said: “This is just purely routine training flights to get pilots used to landing in densely populated areas.

“The operations are used to get pilots used to identifying the safest ways of operating in that sort of environment as they are required to do in places like Afghanistan.”

also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I live about a mile away from RAF Leeming. There was a fair bit of Chinook activity in the area on Saturday. Additionally, when driving home tonight at about 4.45pm, two Chinooks flew over me quite low on finals. One was carrying a load slung underneath. Not sure of course if these have a connection with your sighting, but there is a fair bit of Chinook activity right now.
ImageImage

Initiate

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm » by Neilglfc

flecktarn wrote:Morcombe Bay and Liverpool Bay Gas Fields - Helicopter Support Flights
this may account for the helicopter flights flight training for twin rotor pilots over populated areas and sea ,

The mysterious morning landings of chinook helicopters in the middle of a city park has been solved.

For much of this week, Cardiff residents had noticed helicopters flying overhead and landing in the park in Bute Park, Cathays, before flying off almost immediately.

Twitter user Heather Jones spotted the choppers landing in the park, asking yourcardiff: “any idea why for 3 days in the past week, chinook helicopters have flown over Cardiff City Centre & landed in Bute Park?!”, joined by fellow eagle-eyed tweeter Tom Foggin who said: “Just saw an army chinook take off from Bute park… what the hell??”

But the riddle of the phantom Chinooks was solved this morning, when the RAF and Cardiff council confirmed the helicopters were taking part in training exercises for pilots.

An RAF spokesman said: “This is just purely routine training flights to get pilots used to landing in densely populated areas.

“The operations are used to get pilots used to identifying the safest ways of operating in that sort of environment as they are required to do in places like Afghanistan.”

also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I live about a mile away from RAF Leeming. There was a fair bit of Chinook activity in the area on Saturday. Additionally, when driving home tonight at about 4.45pm, two Chinooks flew over me quite low on finals. One was carrying a load slung underneath. Not sure of course if these have a connection with your sighting, but there is a fair bit of Chinook activity right now.

very nice info.only thing now is why they practising landing in populated areas when the design an layout of populated areas abroad are very different to the uk.unless...............

Initiate

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 pm » by Neilglfc

ive just spoke to someone from aintree who says these chanuks are landing at the racecourse all the time.residents who have asked about this have been told its for training purposes.i dont fuckin get it.again , whats a populated area in the uk got in common with say somewere like libya

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 pm » by Tuor10

flecktarn wrote:Morcombe Bay and Liverpool Bay Gas Fields - Helicopter Support Flights

also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for the info.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 pm » by E6722maj

hmm, i don't think people would be alarmed by something so 'routine'. they'd be familiar with it.

whatever

Next