Mitt Romney calls for Syrian rebels to be armed

Master Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 am » by *WillEase*

Mitt Romney called for Syrian rebels to be supplied with heavy weaponry on Monday, as he condemned Barack Obama for failing to lead an international response to President Bashar al-Assad's slaughter of civilians.

By Jon Swaine, and Raf Sanchez in Washington
7:54PM BST 08 Oct 2012

The Republican presidential challenger told voters the US must spend more, not less, on defence and effectively fight a proxy war against Iran by ensuring Syrian anti-government forces "obtain the arms they need to defeat Assad's tanks, helicopters, and fighter jets".

"Iran is sending arms to Assad because they know his downfall would be a strategic defeat for them," Mr Romney said in a speech in Virginia. "We should be working no less vigorously through our international partners to support the many Syrians who would deliver that defeat to Iran – rather than sitting on the sidelines."

The former Massachusetts governor did not, however, specify which rebel factions should be armed, nor if the US should arm them directly or facilitate supply by allies. Diverging from prepared remarks, he said the US should work "through" its global partners, rather than "with".

Mr Romney quoted a Syrian woman's comments to a National Public Radio interview to sum up the likely response to Washington's failure to act on the killing of 30,000 civilians. "We will not forget that you forgot about us," she said.

Senator John McCain, a longtime advocate of US intervention in Syria and Mr Obama's opponent in 2008, hailed Mr Romney's speech to cadets at the Virginia Military Institute as "a blueprint for restoring America's strength in the world".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... armed.html
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 am » by Muchtyman

Mitt Romney called for Syrian rebels to be supplied with heavy weaponry on Monday, as he condemned Barack Obama for failing to lead an international response to President Bashar al-Assad's slaughter of civilians.

Seriously , It's hard to believe anybody believes this shite anymore .

What about an International response to the Clinton Hegenomy .

Master Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 am » by *WillEase*

Published on Oct 8, 2012 by AlJazeeraEnglish

Mitt Romney, the US Republican presidential nominee, has pledged to pursue a more assertive policy towards the Middle East if elected, in an attempt to draw a sharp distinction with how President Barack Obama has handled Libya, Iran, Syria and the Palestinian-Israeli dispute.

Romney, speaking at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington on Monday, made a case that his policy views reflect what advisers called the mainstream "peace through strength" doctrine they said had been pursued by prior presidents from Harry Truman to Ronald Reagan to Bill Clinton.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 am » by Harbin

Disgusting.
Antiwar.com

Master Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm » by *WillEase*

Published on Oct 9, 2012 by RussiaToday

Barack Obama's rival for the US Presidency, Mitt Romney, has called for a more aggressive foreign policy in the Middle East - which would include arming the Al Qaeda-linked Syrian rebels. The Democrats have hit back, saying Romney's stance lacks vision and consistency.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm » by Tuor10

The Zionist stooge is something else.

If the Mormon becomes president, there will be war on an unimaginable scale before next summer. That is my prediction anyway. I might have a sly score on it.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:13 pm » by 99socks

willease666 wrote:
Mr Romney quoted a Syrian woman's comments to a National Public Radio interview to sum up the likely response to Washington's failure to act on the killing of 30,000 civilians. "We will not forget that you forgot about us," she said.

This is the shit that makes me furious. It's not OUR goddamn job to save them, they need to get up off their asses and do something. If they wanted a revolution- they better handle their own damn revolution! :yell:

The next thing you know, they will be complaining that we did TOO MUCH! :bang;

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm » by Proto

Not a smart idea ,Qatar, Saudi Arabia all ready arming the rebels ,
and some of the rebels are indeed imported fanatics from outside
Syria, even the Syrian rebels themselves afraid that those foreign fanatics
that currently help them will turn against them after Assad is finished.