Modern Education

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 pm » by Mozi!!a

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 am » by monica44

Should be renamed programming conditioning and oppression not education, the only ones who can kick the system are those who cannot be controlled by the system and removed from mainstream education. My mother who was an electronics engineer wanted to teach us at home but was threatened with imprisonment if she did not send us back !!! From that point my parents refusal to fill out any of their nosy forms labelled me with trouble maker parents, but it hardened my resolve to never conform no matter what.
And the exam thing is a farce, when i moved schools in my last year in education i found that if i wanted to take exams i would have 3 months to do coursework for 9 subjects if i wanted to leave school with my exams intact, the teachers told me i had no hope and my parents were then asked to pay for my exams which were free to everyone else because they were not going to waste money!!!
Well as it happened i passed all subjects with good grades, pure Maths English Literature and the sciences amongst others, i did no revision whatsoever, and briefly speed-read anything i needed to and passed comfortably much to the teachers amazement, i do not consider myself uber brainy, i just think the education system is crap.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 27, 2012 12:15 am » by Seriouscitizen

Mob 2,0 wrote:Image

Even worse it enhances the Dunning Kruger effect:
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.[1]

Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others"