MonsterQuest on the Gable film

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 6:13 pm » by Abyssdnb

MonsterQuest investigates the infamous Gable footage.
[youtube]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_xlBA-VoT2o&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_xlBA-VoT2o&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Image "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."

Initiate

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm » by Buhdoo

No he's right, because he made a fictional film it doesn't proove these things don't exist, but it DOES make it a lot harder for anyone to come across legitimately with other proof. I was fascinated with this film and i remember when i found out it was a hoax, I was disappointed The way he ran in that ghillie suit looks realistic though..

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm » by Thebluecanary

I understand what he was trying to do here, really, and I'm sure he meant it in good fun. But it just makes it that much harder to separate fact from fiction and real footage from carefully crafted hoaxes.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm » by Redwoodrick

When the aliens come they will eat the hoaxers first. :mrgreen:
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 pm » by lamonema

thebluecanary wrote:I understand what he was trying to do here, really, and I'm sure he meant it in good fun. But it just makes it that much harder to separate fact from fiction and real footage from carefully crafted hoaxes.

I agree, and you know what happens when idiots like this, cry wolf too many times, yeah? Sometime they get their face punchasized. :D

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 pm » by Thruster

I love the fact that even the director of the film was so surprised at the effect he produced with him running in the 'suit'.

I genuinely thought it was a gorrilla by the way it moved, I would have said it could not be human. How easily I am fooled, it alarms me.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 pm » by Thebluecanary

Ghillie suits are like that. They are designed specifically to non-humanize the human form. That and him running on all fours WAS super convincing.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 10:10 pm » by lamonema

The first time i saw this footage i damb near shit myself, years went by before i heard that it was fake. Then i saw the monsterquest episode re-run, i was pissed. Which maybe understood as to why feel this guy need his face punchasized, or at least a good punch in the head. :)

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 10:12 pm » by Thebluecanary

Yeah, I'd like to smack him. More ammo for those who want to debunk EVERYTHING. Sigh.
-----Christopher Hyatt