More White on Black Thuggery

Initiate

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 11:12 pm » by Adamflownemo

Upload to Disclose.tv

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

and his killer is FREE why ?????

Super Moderator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm » by domdabears

Nigga please... Psshhhh Ota my face
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 pm » by E6722maj

"police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person."

for 'suspicious' read 'black'

whatever

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 am » by Constabul

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man ... as-/nLPgL/
SANFORD, Fla. —
Updated: 5:19 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2012 | Posted: 12:21 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2012
WFTV has uncovered the violent past of the neighborhood watch leader accused of killing an unarmed teenager. Now, the victim's family is struggling to find answers.

"He was just a kid. He was just a baby," his mother Sabrina Martin said.

George Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 for battery on a law enforcement officer. He's accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, but hasn't been arrested.

The teenager was visiting family in a gated community and walking home after going to a convenience store.

His family only learned about Zimmerman's criminal past when we told them. This news came as quite a shock for Martin's mother. They said Sanford Police never gave them any indication of this.

The family's attorney believes this is more reason the neighborhood watch leader should have been arrested when he shot and killed the teenager.

WFTV uncovered a picture that George Zimmerman took at the Orange County Jail in 2005 when he was arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence.

WFTV showed the court documents to Martin's family, and his mother couldn't hold back tears.

"As a mother my heart is broken. My heart hurts. I don't understand," Sabrina Martin said.

The case was dismissed, but Martin's mother said it should've been considered 11 days ago when Zimmerman shot and killed her son.

Zimmerman had called police to report a suspicious black man in the neighborhood, and even though dispatchers told him not to confront the teenager, he did.

They got into a scuffle and Zimmerman, who is the neighborhood watch leader, shot the teenager in the chest, but was never arrested.

"You had a person with a prepotency toward violence, or at least the appearance," family attorney Natalie Jackson said.

Sanford Police knew about the arrest, but said again Friday that 28-year-old Zimmerman has been cooperative.

Zimmerman is a student at Seminole State College, where he is scheduled to start a criminal justice class Monday.

WFTV's Daralene Jones addressed Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee. "He has been arrested before. That's not something you would consider when determining whether or not to arrest someone for shooting and killing someone?"

"I just answered that question that we take everything into consideration. It's a full and complete investigation that is fair and will be presented to the state attorney's office," Lee said.

The family also filed a public records lawsuit against Sanford Police Friday because the department won't release the 911 call Zimmerman made before he shot the teen.

Meanwhile, some in the community are now planning action because of this shooting.

There is a community rally planned for Saturday in front of Sanford Police headquarters, and they've reached out to the Rev. Al Sharpton to put pressure on the police chief to arrest Zimmerman.

edit to add
Till we see the outcome of the investigation can't really say. I think he will be charged. But there is a lot to it we are not reading yet.

Opinion, at a first glance, he needs to be charged. Since it was a claimed self defense issue they investigate it differently, and till i see the finial outcome, can't really say tho. No additional info to lead me to think it is race driven killing.
Played a part, certianly.
But this guy has a history of violence.

And in that I mean, there is no additional information of this guy being quoted as racially insulting the kid, and proceeding to shot them.

who knows, when it comes to details. Could be a lot at work here.

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 1:22 am » by Constabul

constabul wrote:http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man-who-shot-killed-teen-sanford-neighborhood-has-/nLPgL/
SANFORD, Fla. —
Updated: 5:19 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2012 | Posted: 12:21 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2012
WFTV has uncovered the violent past of the neighborhood watch leader accused of killing an unarmed teenager. Now, the victim's family is struggling to find answers.

"He was just a kid. He was just a baby," his mother Sabrina Martin said.

George Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 for battery on a law enforcement officer. He's accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, but hasn't been arrested.

The teenager was visiting family in a gated community and walking home after going to a convenience store.

His family only learned about Zimmerman's criminal past when we told them. This news came as quite a shock for Martin's mother. They said Sanford Police never gave them any indication of this.

The family's attorney believes this is more reason the neighborhood watch leader should have been arrested when he shot and killed the teenager.

WFTV uncovered a picture that George Zimmerman took at the Orange County Jail in 2005 when he was arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence.

WFTV showed the court documents to Martin's family, and his mother couldn't hold back tears.

"As a mother my heart is broken. My heart hurts. I don't understand," Sabrina Martin said.

The case was dismissed, but Martin's mother said it should've been considered 11 days ago when Zimmerman shot and killed her son.

Zimmerman had called police to report a suspicious black man in the neighborhood, and even though dispatchers told him not to confront the teenager, he did.

They got into a scuffle and Zimmerman, who is the neighborhood watch leader, shot the teenager in the chest, but was never arrested.

"You had a person with a prepotency toward violence, or at least the appearance," family attorney Natalie Jackson said.

Sanford Police knew about the arrest, but said again Friday that 28-year-old Zimmerman has been cooperative.

Zimmerman is a student at Seminole State College, where he is scheduled to start a criminal justice class Monday.

WFTV's Daralene Jones addressed Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee. "He has been arrested before. That's not something you would consider when determining whether or not to arrest someone for shooting and killing someone?"

"I just answered that question that we take everything into consideration. It's a full and complete investigation that is fair and will be presented to the state attorney's office," Lee said.

The family also filed a public records lawsuit against Sanford Police Friday because the department won't release the 911 call Zimmerman made before he shot the teen.

Meanwhile, some in the community are now planning action because of this shooting.

There is a community rally planned for Saturday in front of Sanford Police headquarters, and they've reached out to the Rev. Al Sharpton to put pressure on the police chief to arrest Zimmerman.

edit to add
Till we see the outcome of the investigation can't really say. I think he will be charged. But there is a lot to it we are not reading yet.

Opinion, at a first glance, he needs to be charged. Since it was a claimed self defense issue they investigate it differently, and till i see the finial outcome, can't really say tho. No additional info to lead me to think it is Not* a race driven killing.
Played a part, certianly.
But this guy has a history of violence.

And in that I mean, there is no additional information of this guy being quoted as racially insulting the kid, and proceeding to shot them.

who knows, when it comes to details. Could be a lot at work here.

Wouldnt let me edit to correct a mistake.
corrected

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 2:42 am » by Spock

I understand this is an outrageous act of violence and the man should be charged, from what I am reading, not question.

However, this thread is hardly a "gotcha" thread as the ones I start are not talking about single acts of violence, but bringing light to the escalation of black youth mob attacks, which this is not a mob attack, just a redneck with a loose trigger finger.

You could classify this as another example of a crazed white guy with a gun on a mission, which seems to be a real phenomena too, but more akin to personal psychosis than a social movement.

Initiate

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 6:57 am » by Tgwusauk

To the OP, I really don't see what you are trying to achieve with this post, underlining the color like we are all incapable of reading.
It is tragic that someone has died in this way, but highlighting a race issue on the back of it is uncalled for, and is creating division.
Until all people start working and living together in harmony this type of moronic behaviour will continue to play into the hands of tptb.

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 7:03 am » by Ghenghis

Thats an example of how paranoid whites are in Florida after decades of black on white thugery!

Initiate

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 8:39 am » by Ishumble

Very sad the world we live in. There are news reports that hate groups in the U.S are rising one report below.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... s-increase

Initiate

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 2:16 pm » by Naranja

Zimmerman..

Dont you mean jew on black thuggery? :think:

Next