Mountain Lion Killed by car in Milford, CT

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 am » by The57ironman

uss001 wrote:the57ironman your 1st image here is of a bob cat note it has no tail and the spots are another giveaway these cats are very common here in Vermont. the second is a mt lion though.

Joe

yes , that's correct...

both absolutely "beautiful" animals...

:cheers:

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm » by Thebluecanary

About 12 years ago I was camping with some folks in the mountains of North Carolina and a mountain lion came into our campsite. A construction company had been dynamiting on the ridge above us that day (fucking condos) and we were cooking meat over the fire so what we figured was that he was displaced by the construction and drawn by the smell. He came into the circle of firelight and paced around just at the edge, and we all got a pretty good look at him. He was definitely a mountain lion, and he remains one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

When I got home, I called the Fish and Wildlife dept. to report the sighting, as the area we were in had lots of farms with livestock nearby. The game warden told me that there were no mountain lions in North Carolina. I told him, flat out, yes there are, because I've seen one. He agreed, yes, he'd seen them too (even black ones) but that the official stance of the state Wildlife office was that there are no mountain lions in North Carolina. To say otherwise means that money would have to be spent on assessment, management, and education for the public, something that the state was unwilling to do.

I'm guessing that this animal will be dismissed as an "escaped pet" like they usually are, because I doubt that Connecticut wants to spend extra money any more than NC does.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 11:38 pm » by E6722maj

mountain lions are awesome creatures. shame for that one :cry:

whatever

Initiate

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 11:46 pm » by Garciaface

We have the tailess cats up here, too, but those are Lynx. Bobcats have tails up here. the Lynx grow a beautiful white/gray coat in the winter and get all fluffy. Get about as big as a pitbull.

Writer

PostMon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 pm » by Pauper

I grew up in PA and I know several reliable people who have seen mountain lions. I find the stance of the PA Game Commission downright obnoxious as they have criticized some of these people, saying that they can't tell the difference between a bobcat and a lion or a feral cat and a lion.
Genunk es genunk

Previous