Music and Mysticism

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 7:04 pm » by Dirtyrabbit

*EDIT*
Last edited by Dirtyrabbit on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm » by Kyo121

cornbread714 wrote:
dirtyrabbit wrote:music makes the world go round...
but no one has noticed the music has changed..

to late now..

Care to elaborate? Even if it is "too late" I'd love to hear your views about that. :cheers:

probably the smurf thing....4 more days till their deadline to start posting things for us to understand them unless they change their mind again. I don't have any beef with smurf's message on music, only their method of telling people but hey everyone is entitle to their opinion.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 7:21 pm » by Cornbread714

Well, I have to go pimp my art for awhile tonight for the rent. I'll check you guys tomorrow! :cheers:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 7:32 pm » by Marooooo

@cornbread, i doubt there was anything at all.

@kyo212 the girls left, they're not going to post, plus their account was deleted.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm » by Kyo121

marooooo wrote:@cornbread, i doubt there was anything at all.

@kyo212 the girls left, they're not going to post, plus their account was deleted.

I see...it's a shame i was hoping to see what their msg was. Oh well no point in crying over spilled milk.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 pm » by Eaganthorn

Music?!? Hells yeah!!! Some of my greatest memories revolve around music, my days in broadcasting, road trips with the band(s) and trying to learn how to play the music that constantly plays in my head. Music has always touched every aspect of my life and I believe that when the time comes, when I can no longer hear the music in my mind, it will only be because I have past away.

No matter what language a person speaks, what their background, their religion, political affiliation, race, creed, age or personal agenda, everyone hears music, not just noise or sounds, music. The sweet sounds of wave form in a specific mix have an affect on every living thing.

I have an urge the brake out the six. Sure wish I could play better though.
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 27, 2009 10:46 pm » by lainn

ahhhhhhh....music!....the art of expression in sound....it embraces every emotion...every moment ...everything....i read all of your post and each a note in this composition. Music...the master that walks humanity as its pet.....the dialect of time...the voice that speaks in layers that expands and connects all cultures..the interstice of time itself, it fill the void.....interstellar rythem lost to the illusion of savvy.....the musician that creates harmony to connect with his/her etherian self creating a mosaic of sound; hence its connection to mysticism. ..the Internist of the collective emotional state of being.....NOMOGENY COSMOPLASTIC...aka..MUSIC.

I personally love the sound of the 'saz'.....it reminds me of lives i have forgotten and reminds me that 'I' can remember....

Upload to Disclose.tv

Music has the power to free, but today it inslaves the young ones...it shapes their intent....it worries me....

Trapunto....rewind...and play again....

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 am » by Clawspiracy

would be nice if we had the means to do music effects on water experiments ourselves. The thing about research by other that bother me most is the bias reasoning that they might already have before performing said experiments and in the end unwilling to accept the outcome or try to alter the experiment to suit their bias reasoning before publishing the findings.

I did one recently. I used a synthesizer to affect a bowl of water sitting on a loudspeaker. As we swept the spectrum of a sawtooth wave, we observed the patterns in the water. What is most amazing is the water's ability to remember. The first time you do it it takes more than a few minutes for the pattern to remain constant. Then you stop. When you start the process over, it goes right into the pattern immediately. Amazing...

Music and I have a special relationship. First, I didn't care much about it until I drowned. It was after a near death experience that I came to pick up the guitar... But then it migrated into a million things... The Reel to reel tape was next, then came the synthesizers... My band. And then the computer... Old toys to be circuit-bent... There isn't a single act of the everyday world that I don't associate with music. I'm always tapping, always have a tune in my head. It breathes with me. It clothes me, pays my rent, allows me to go to places people only dream about...

I am not rich, but I live a rich life when I allow the music to take me where it wants. Sometimes I get to direct it, other times songs appear as if from the void itself, always affecting my energy. I can play any instrument I'm given. Not well mind you, but more than enough to find a song that it wants to release to me. I can tune in to that. It's my talent...

@ BM : Visual art does resonate with people. Don't worry, it has the same appeal, only it affects them through a different sensory point as energy. Not everyone is auditary, so sometimes the visual is their form. Do you paint? I paint, too...

As I take it you do as well, Cornbread? I know you do Dirty Rabbit. Good to see creative people here... That's why we are so damned emotional! Artists! :ohno:
It's a Clawspiracy...

Initiate

PostTue Apr 28, 2009 3:44 am » by Bawdiemaude

@ snutz- thanks man

@ clawspiricy are you serious?? you did the experiment and the water had memory -thats brilliant- i still think science is so behind....i have this mad belief that if we could go to, well for example your house- i remember your kind invitation, and have discussions between sceptics, scientists, philosophers, artists, musicians et al.....then maybe we would progress as a race towards enlightenment a little faster......... :hugging:

(i am the antichrist of the art world - a conceptual artist mainly, but am an art facillitator - and give art/ spiritual workshop, and do murals and other commmissons to pay the rent. I also build labyrinths where i can and write......but conceptual art is my baby... i love to show the truth of our society and life- the hypocrocy and edges....my work tends to shock.....! :o !

what kind of painting do you do???? )

wandered off topic a bit again but NO NO NO sha'n't apologise god dammit!!! :ohno:

oh one last thing

i LONG to and i mean I LONG to play the cello...i will do that one day
that sound....it just does something to me........and i feel it inside me

though yes Drex i know what you mean about drums and any kind of aboriginal music- just takes hold of me too......

Initiate

PostTue Apr 28, 2009 3:55 am » by Bawdiemaude

@ dirtyrabbit.... i dont know - is that not a bit pesimistic to believe its all too late....i'd imagine that if music is the metaphor then the range of possible notes and symphonies are always there?
that they all exist whether we choose to hear them or not- like dog whistles - i guess-
bad analogy but i hope you get what i mean................
why do feel so pessimistic?

do you not believe in love?
and the infinitley profound beauty of that vibration and its ability to transform

i have seen you post a lot of music videos - to me any one who loves music must surely feel a deep sense of optimism as created by exquisite music or at least a deep sense of potential that even with a limited number of notes, the potential to create new tunes is infinite???

:)

PreviousNext