MUST SEE: Welcome To Lagos (3 Part Docu......Holy Shit!)

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 5:11 pm » by Phaeton

PS. Isnt bulshitters with 'tt'?
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 5:22 pm » by Edgarrothstein

phaeton wrote:Nono, they are tough because they NEED TO BE.
The human body adepts, the ones who cannot, live not (and thus cannot be seen).

We could be in their place just as well.

Concerning the 'who' question, you have already answered that yourself.

It is the reality we gave rise to. Kapitalist mindset [multinationals], political corruption in the highest echelons, structurally.

We silently approve & consolidate this shit. In my opinion.

I don't think so...they're tougher both physically and mentally. You'll have to believe me on that one :lol:

Regarding the "who" question - that was a rhetorical one.

And yeah, i guess it is a double "t" :oops:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm » by Phaeton

edgarrothstein wrote:

It is the reality we gave rise to. Kapitalist mindset [multinationals], political corruption in the highest echelons, structurally.

I don't think so...they're tougher both physically and mentally. You'll have to believe me on that one :lol:

Lets agree to disagree.

Put your sound up.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Remnant.. Someone who actually takes care of his body.
Think VI kings were sitting on their asses watching the telly, taking a fridge dive now and again?

Or do you think these people adapted to their surroundings? Their (harsh) way of life?

Ill personally opt for the latter. And again, the ones who could not adept would perish soon enough. We are the only ones keeping their meak / weak alive (merely observation, nothing wrong with that.. at all).
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 5:59 pm » by Nightfallen

I couldn't have said it any better myself, friend.

I hate it when people state that "we are blessed" based on the fact that we're not suffering/trying to survive like people are in parts of the world such as Lagos. Africa should stop being exploited by the rest of the world now and forever.
"The edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." (Hunter S. Thompson)

Writer

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 pm » by Jeroen

Great perspective here Phaeton, i wish we could talk this way in public without being held for having negative minds and told it's blown out of proportions what's said. It seems like you have to be very very delicate with that needle sticking in "their" -who ever that may be- balloon. The point is it's gonna blow either way. Trying to find out how to untie that knot in this balloon, perhaps it's possible to let the air out slowly by being very very friendly with telling we are SCREWING up everything.

There are so many almost childish questions which i would love being asked in politics and public, but it just seems so far away...

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 6:13 pm » by Edgarrothstein

phaeton wrote:
edgarrothstein wrote:

Lets agree to disagree.

Put your sound up.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Remnant.. Someone who actually takes care of his body.
Think VI kings were sitting on their asses watching the telly, taking a fridge dive now and again?

Or do you think these people adapted to their surroundings? Their (harsh) way of life?

Ill personally opt for the latter. And again, the ones who could not adept would perish soon enough. We are the only ones keeping their meak / weak alive (merely observation, nothing wrong with that.. at all).

Agreed. :mrgreen:

OT, but...
Behavioristically, i think we're (as mankind) slowly but surely going in this direction :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stray_dogs_in_Moscow

The urbanized beggars in particular are unfazed by high levels of activity going on around them,[2] even managing to sleep in the midst of busy areas.[4] They also have the most specialized behaviors,[1] behaviors which differentiate them from both domesticated dogs and wolves. Beggars may exist in packs, but their leaders interact with other packs, and the leaders are not necessarily the strongest or most dominant dog, but rather the most intelligent, and are acknowledged as such by the other dogs in the pack who depend on them for survival. In packs of beggars, the smartest dog, not the most physically dominant, occupies the alpha position.

If we evolve like that, all of the bad guys will perish.

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Initiate

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 6:25 pm » by Hayden

Thanks for the post! I to have traveled quite a bit, for me it's the quiet dignity of the people who live in such places which breaks my heart,their strenght. No self pity, they just get on with things. What incredible beings humans can be. Imagine what such people could achieve if they had access to the opportunities we in the West take for granted.Thanks again.

Previous