MUST SEE: Welcome To Lagos (3 Part Docu......Holy Shit!)

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 am » by Kingz

Just dropping by to share this amazing in your face reality which we do not often see, and believe me you will want to see this... :shock:

Three-part observational documentary series which explores life at the sharp end of one of the most extreme urban environments in the world: Lagos, Nigeria. Today, more than half the world's population live in cities, and this eye-opening series shows what life is really like in some of the toughest parts of the world's fastest growing megacity.

The first episode uncovers life in the Olusosun rubbish dump. Here, around 1000 people live on top of the rubbish in houses built from scrap. The film follows the daily lives of two men who have become skilled at turning rubbish into gold. Eric, aka Vocal Slender, is a musician, and every bit of scrap he finds brings him one step closer to his dream of launching his music career, but a serious fight nearly ruins his chances.

Joseph is a trader who works hard to provide for his wife and two small children, and who has filled his house with things he has found on the dump. 'If there was a bigger, dirtier, stinkier dump where I could earn more money for my family, then I'd go there to work,' he says.

With extraordinary access to some of the poorest parts of town, the series celebrates the resilience, resourcefulness and energy of Lagos's 16 million inhabitants, and shows how successfully many of its slum dwellers are adapting to the realities of the world's increasingly extreme urban future.
:dunno:

This docu shocked the shit out of me, and I have only seen Part 1. I have seen some other pretty good documentarys about Lagos, one with Louis Theroux... but this one is really intensive!. (I also included the one with Louis Theroux)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CL64VZDN&w=631&h=392 PART 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5MAZZ18&w=631&h=392 PART 2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WB3JJ5LE&w=631&h=392 PART 3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J0G6UFB5&w=631&h=392 L. THEROUX - Law & Disorder In Lagos

And just to keep it real, I take child and put it in oven :twisted: What can I do... :shock:

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H1jmHV ... re=related
(South Africa)
Couldn't resist the last one :peep:
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Writer

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 4:53 am » by Prodigal

I have traveled worldwide and have seen extreme poverty, hunger and devastation but this is by far the worst. Lagos is suffering immensely...us non third world folks are truly blessed...even if most dont know or acknowledge it.

great post! will continue watching...

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 am » by Kingz

prodigal wrote:I have traveled worldwide and have seen extreme poverty, hunger and devastation but this is by far the worst. Lagos is suffering immensely...us non third world folks are truly blessed...even if most dont know or acknowledge it.

I've been to some pretty bad places to, but nothing can compare to this and I agree that this must be one of the poorest... yet fastest growing city's in the world. And believe me part 2 will only get worse! :shock: :shock: :peep:

Seriously wtf, this is an extreme example of how makind can / has to adapt to their surrounding. Just to imagine that all of these people know how we "western" folks live, because they do know it by way of television, internet, radio and so fort... and obviously they want to adapt to that kind of lifestyle, and this you can see in many if not all poor places in the world. It saddens me, but it gives me hope nonetheless... I mean talking about a goddamn Apocalypse, just look at how these people manage to live each and every day.!

PART 2:
Lagos's version of Venice is a slum, built on water, called Makoko. This three-part observational series continues to explore one of the most extreme urban environments on the planet, by taking a trip into the lives of those who choose to live and work on the waters of Lagos Lagoon.

Chubbey is a fisherman who lives in a house built on stilts. With 18 children and five grandchildren to support, he has become an expert at making money from the most unlikely of places. Whether he is building a fish pond in the same water he uses as a lavatory, or renting out a spare room which he has not even built yet, he has always got some scheme or another on the go. But when his teenage son starts to hang out with a local gang, he is left with a dilemma familiar to parents all over the world.

Paul is a saw operator at Ebute Metta, the largest timber yard in West Africa. All the wood that goes into building Lagos passes through this place, floated in on enormous rafts, some over a kilometre long. Paul still sleeps in the saw mill, and would like nothing more than to get a place of his own in Makoko. But so many of his fellow workers keep getting killed that he finds it very hard to save any money, because he keeps having to spend it all on funerals.

Kissme and Daniel are two 'sandboys', who make their living diving for sand from the bottom of the Lagoon and selling it to the building trade. Between them they can fill two dumper trucks a day, collecting every grain of it by hand, with an old iron bucket.

As humans begin to come to terms with an increasingly urban future, this series offers unprecedented access and insight into the lives of just some of the millions of slum dwellers who are living at the sharp end of the fastest growing megacity in the world.

In Part 3 as I can read the subject is also about: :nwo: :nwo: :nwo: :nwo:

the newly established Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Enforcement Unit, which targets illegal dwellings all over the city and clears away everything in its path.

THIS TOPIC IS FUCKING IMPORTANT, THIS IS HOW THE SCAM IS BEING PLAYED.

Poor africans have to pay with their lives because global corporations suck up all the lifeforce and slowly kill the planet for their own gain.

You will hear about these new Enviromental Units all over the world, often in poor places like Africa, India, South America etc... What they do is, they go and fine / jail / enforce new enviromental laws upon to the regular joe average on the streets instead of Corporations and Company's who actually pollute the planet. It's a fucking scam!

Oh and about the docu itself, I hate that narrator, he talks like it is al ok and the people are so happy and have a wonderfull and exciting life with his english gay cunt voice!
And then the typical classical ballerina music to make it look like those people are some clowns, just have a weird feeling about how they present it... Dont get me wrong good shit, but still BBC wankers, enough ranting 8-)

This fascinating series continues to look at how people are adapting to modern city life in the 21st century by exploring the slums and ghettos of Lagos, Nigeria. More than 50 per cent of the world's population now live in cities, and that figure is expected to rise to over 70 per cent by 2050. The answer to where humanity could be heading might be found in the lives of the inhabitants of Lagos, one of the world's fastest-growing megacities.

For over six years, Esther has been living with her husband Segun in a house they built themselves from cardboard, scrap wood and tarpaulin on the beach in central Lagos. Every time the government sends its task force to bulldoze their village, she and the thousand or so other inhabitants soon pick up the pieces and build another one. Her best friend, Blessing, is about to give birth here and Esther is worried for her safety. But when she discovers text messages from another woman on her husband's phone, she suddenly has problems of her own to deal with.

Meanwhile, politicians in Lagos are planning sweeping changes to improve the infrastructure and attractiveness of Lagos. Part of their plan to turn it into a 'megacity' involves demolishing the slums, which house so many of its inhabitants. The film follows Sagede, a member of the newly established Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Enforcement Unit, which targets illegal dwellings all over the city and clears away everything in its path.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 6:15 am » by Kingz

Boiling Blood:

Scattering Scavengers:

Scheming Scavenger:

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 4:25 pm » by Edgarrothstein

Thanks a lot for the videos!
:flop:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 pm » by Phaeton

prodigal wrote:I have traveled worldwide and have seen extreme poverty, hunger and devastation but this is by far the worst. Lagos is suffering immensely...us non third world folks are truly blessed...even if most dont know or acknowledge it.

No we are not 'blessed'. We are letting this stand by our ignorance of the reality we all live in.
The way of life, state of mind of the Western hemisphere is facilitating these inhumane,
shocking atrocities.

Causality. If one removes the plug, the bath will drain. Here we see what a drained bath looks like, while we are thinking we are 'blessed' in holding the (golden) plug. Crazy.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Writer

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 4:43 pm » by Moblie23401

I really feel sad to see this still going on in Lagos.....the rate of corruption going on there is so unbelievable.....

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 pm » by Edgarrothstein

phaeton wrote:

No we are not 'blessed'. We are letting this stand by our ignorance of the reality we all live in.
The way of life, state of mind of the Western hemisphere is facilitating these inhumane,
shocking atrocities.

Causality. If one removes the plug, the bath will drain. Here we see what a drained bath looks like, while we are thinking we are 'blessed' in holding the (golden) plug. Crazy.

The question is also - who drained the bath. Who made Africa become like this...

I spent a lot of consecutive years in West Africa, and it's becoming worse and worse. As far as the West continue to suck Africa dry, things won't get better. If anything is left to suck...

Luckily, African people are tough. :flop: You can see that from the vids...

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 5:01 pm » by The57ironman

who.....that's the question....
the same folks that tell us ...nothing to see here , move along

....there's no Stairway nor bustle in the hedgerow!!

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 05, 2011 5:09 pm » by Phaeton

Nono, they are tough because they NEED TO BE.
The human body adepts, the ones who cannot, live not (and thus cannot be seen).

We could be in their place just as well.

Concerning the 'who' question, you have already answered that yourself.

It is the reality we gave rise to. Kapitalist mindset [multinationals], political corruption in the highest echelons, structurally.

We silently approve & consolidate this shit. In my opinion.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next