My email to local council

Initiate

PostFri May 08, 2009 4:23 pm » by Theshee

WOW that was short and straight to the point :top: Have you wrote back giving them suggestions???

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 5:32 pm » by Drjones

theshee wrote:WOW that was short and straight to the point :top: Have you wrote back giving them suggestions???

Yeah,i just posted my reply :oops: :flop:

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 5:37 pm » by Drjones

concrete wrote:Dr.J

I'm afraid the councillor might be right. Personally, I wouldn't blame her. I would go after the shops. Or, try to find local supliers of the essentials. I've yet to be in Glasgow but from my Southern brainwashing, I assume there isn't much organic anything there.

Be good and keep up the hope. :D

You know what m8 i'm not really doing this FOR ME,i'm trying to make it easier for people to have access to fresh uncontaminated organic food.I myself have a fortnightly order with an organic fruit and veg box scheme,it's great,very affordable.So for me i can for the most part eat 100% organic,obviously i'm not as crazy and insane as some people have said i am about food on this site(Drextin :badair: )Eating right is VERY IMPORTANT...Anyways i just find it odd that ORGANIC is not given more support,perhaps it will gain momentum,i think it is.When you take all the methods of food production into account i think organic is the way to go definetely... :cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 6:32 pm » by Drjones

concrete wrote:
drjones wrote:Eating right is VERY IMPORTANT...Anyways i just find it odd that ORGANIC is not given more support,perhaps it will gain momentum,i think it is.When you take all the methods of food production into account i think organic is the way to go definetely... :cheers: [/b][/i]

As you say. 'Eating is very important' Sorry, edited a few words out.
I understand your belief in 'organic' foods as well. But, for the vast majority. it's not feasable(as I said elsewhere Im a fonetic speller).

If you are on benefits, have a budget of £50/w(if that). Would you feed your family on a £15 corn fed organic chicken? Yes, I know you could make it last a couple days, but then you have to think of the bills. The cooking, the cooling, the kids shoes etc.

Yes. I may exaderate. But. 'Organic' only helps the few.

Yes m8 i totally understand your point....THAT'S what i and many others are trying to change too,the affordability issue and to tell you the truth m8..IT IS PARTLY AN ILLUSION THAT ORGANIC FOOD IS RIDICULOUSLY MORE COSTLY THAN THE NON ORGANIC STUFF.I bought 2 chicken breasts earlier £4.40 the organic £3.80 non organic.It's NOT that more expensive as people make it out to be,you can still afford many organic items,chicken is probably THE COSTLIEST item when organic is concerned,most other items are not so bad...how do you know till you try it,it's all mental conditioning and even the supermarkets are laid out in such a way as to promote the junk at the end of every isle,they could'nt give a shit about your health m8,you've gotta take charge of it.... :cheers:

Previous