My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 am » by Lucidlemondrop

LowSix wrote:
wompasdub wrote:fairy tales are for children

...as are glib, meaningless replies to important questions.

Fairytales are for children and I hope to always be a child in my ability to make today new and not a burden from yesterday...............Fairytales often are Archetypes and demand respect, as they will forever be repeated..............

Wompasdub, did you like fairytales and stories when you were a child?
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 pm » by Electrobadgr

Lucid is right, when i think back to my childhood, most of the important lessons i learned( the ones i didn't learn from mistakes anyway) were through fairytales. Aesops fables, peter and the wolf....erm i forget the rest..... The point is that fairytales are a valuable learning mechanism for children, they captivate the imagination allowing for the child to absorb important life lessons on a subconscious level, thats why you remember them for life (apart from me evidently). Now, fact, fiction or fairytale.. The bible has been an invaluable lifestyle guide for millions of people for hundreds of years.....why? Because people learn lessons that shape them throughout life wihout the need for making mistakes first to learn from them. I have never read the Bible but there are stories from it that i will always remember (i hope), i am not a christian, but if you feel there is nothing to be learned from the bible or fairytales for that matter then life has a lot to teach you directly:)

peace
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 2:11 pm » by Ogmios

When you think about it, some of these fairy tales have a really dark subtext. Look at Red Riding Hood it's clear the Big Bad Wolf is a paedophile and that's why she's not to talk to strangers. Others like Snow white, Rumplestiltskin, Rapunzel and Hansel and Gretel are very dark indeed but all seem to have a point. If we look at Christianity as a fairy tale then what does it mean; what is its' point?.

You could say it means don't fuck with the empire or the moneymen or else we'll beat the shite out of you and then crucify you.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Writer

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm » by Bri84

Some Believe... Some Don't.

But what we can all learn is this...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o[/youtube]
Last edited by Bri84 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 2:51 pm » by Lowsix

ogmios wrote:When you think about it, some of these fairy tales have a really dark subtext. Look at Red Riding Hood it's clear the Big Bad Wolf is a paedophile and that's why she's not to talk to strangers. Others like Snow white, Rumplestiltskin, Rapunzel and Hansel and Gretel are very dark indeed but all seem to have a point. If we look at Christianity as a fairy tale then what does it mean; what is its' point?.

You could say it means don't fuck with the empire or the moneymen or else we'll beat the shite out of you and then crucify you.

Absolutely these all have dark subtexts.

And the 'point' in the bible is the same exact one that people here make on a daily basis hundreds of times over. Just for some reason, having it in the bible has become a popular jousting pole, even though the message is no different than ALL of the worlds peaceful religions that catch no scrutiny.

Its also ironic that reasons people supply to hate the bible are the same things that the bible itself preaches AGAINST, but in their infinite wisdom and glory, people LOVE to ignore that point...And on the point that Ogmios made, Dont fuck with the government and institutions or else theyll beat you up and crucify you, BUT, people dont seem to have the intellect to grasp that that includes the formalized Papal church, the fearmongers, and the controllers WITHIN the church as well..they treat christians as if they PREFER to have these corrupt people running and representing their religion..

Hating on the people who believe int he message of the Bible is EXACTLY the same as laughing at peaceful protesters who are being beaten in the streets during the G20..

It makes the same point that posters here make, and that is, if you follow the golden rule, there is no need for the new world order, government, laws, war becomes obsolete, social net needs disappear, crime disappears, hatred disappears.

Enlightenment is a danger to the elite and those that seek to control...and all that stuff..

Well, hell no wonder people hate that message...its just plain ludicrous, right?
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 3:14 pm » by Electrobadgr

LowSix wrote:
ogmios wrote:When you think about it, some of these fairy tales have a really dark subtext. Look at Red Riding Hood it's clear the Big Bad Wolf is a paedophile and that's why she's not to talk to strangers. Others like Snow white, Rumplestiltskin, Rapunzel and Hansel and Gretel are very dark indeed but all seem to have a point. If we look at Christianity as a fairy tale then what does it mean; what is its' point?.

Absolutely these all have dark subtexts.

And the 'point' in the bible is the same exact one that people here make on a daily basis hundreds of times over. Just for some reason, having it in the bible has become a popular jousting pole, even though the message is no different than ALL of the worlds peaceful religions that catch no scrutiny.

Its also ironic that reasons people supply to hate the bible are the same things that the bible itself preaches AGAINST, but in their infinite wisdom and glory, people LOVE to ignore that point...And on the point that Ogmios made, Dont fuck with the government and institutions or else theyll beat you up and crucify you, BUT, people dont seem to have the intellect to grasp that that includes the formalized Papal church, the fearmongers, and the controllers WITHIN the church as well..they treat christians as if they PREFER to have these corrupt people running and representing their religion..

Hating on the people who believe int he message of the Bible is EXACTLY the same as laughing at peaceful protesters who are being beaten in the streets during the G20..

It makes the same point that posters here make, and that is, if you follow the golden rule, there is no need for the new world order, government, laws, war becomes obsolete, social net needs disappear, crime disappears, hatred disappears.

Enlightenment is a danger to the elite and those that seek to control...and all that stuff..

Well, hell no wonder people hate that message...its just plain ludicrous, right?

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :hugging: :sunny:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Initiate

PostWed Oct 28, 2009 4:28 am » by Wompasdub

There you go, right there ^ don't fuck with the empire or moneymen that's the point of religion. Thank you. I'm not saying that a lot of the values of religion as far as living your life isn't good. But you really don't need to believe in religion to still have those values and be a good person.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm » by Kurious

I thought his native tongue was Egyptian ? They did rip off the book of the dead after all right ?

Religion is horrible, no matter what form it takes.
SHUT UP YOU FUCKING CONSPIRACY BASED LUNATIC

Previous