My infidel my slave -muslim atrocities in sudan

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 am » by Illuminated

a short Eye opening clip from a documentary My infidel my slave

inhuman muslim barbarity in sudan
warning disturbingly graphic.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cba_1255204179

makes gaza & what israel's done look like nothing!
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 am » by Illuminated

The Silence in this Thread is Deafening - crickets all i hear..

sad so many can talk shit, all day long about isreal, idf.. and those that are israeli, jewish or just informed to reality will defend the nation of israel & its right to exist..

but those same people that talk shit can't even be bothered or don't even know how to defend this. can you defend slavery? anyways silence is not a valid defence/ Debate tactic. :lol:

Saudi girl to get 2 months jail & 90 Lashes, for having cell phone in school!
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010/01 ... i.girl.cnn
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 am » by Proto

didn't you got the memo ? it's not politically correct to criticize Muslims these days ,
all the cool kids are too busy bashing israel anyway ...

hypocrites ..

''Israel, with a population of 7.4 million, is home to at least 80 human rights organizations, a vibrant free press, a democratically elected government, a judiciary that frequently rules against the government, a politically active academia, multiple political parties and, judging by the amount of news coverage, probably more journalists per capita than any other country in the world — many of whom are there expressly to cover the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Meanwhile, the Arab and Iranian regimes rule over some 350 million people, and most remain brutal, closed and autocratic, permitting little or no internal dissent. The plight of their citizens who would most benefit from the kind of attention a large and well-financed international human rights organization can provide is being ignored as Human Rights Watch’s Middle East division prepares report after report on Israel.''

written by ROBERT L. BERNSTEIN
founder of Human Rights Watch, and active chairman for 20 years .

PostThu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 am » by Enlightenment99

illuminated wrote:a short Eye opening clip from a documentary My infidel my slave

inhuman muslim barbarity in sudan
warning disturbingly graphic.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cba_1255204179

makes gaza & what israel's done look like nothing!

Mohamed El-Moctar El-Shinqiti

Director of the Islamic Center of South Plains, Lubbock, Texas (See link for details)

most of slaves were prisoners of war. When the Qur’an spoke about the prisoners of war, it says: “thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom” (Surat Muhammad: 4) thereby making freeing prisoners of war based on either generosity or ransom, and rejecting the prevailing custom of taking them as slaves. From this aya we understand that taking prisoners of war as slaves is unacceptable in Islam.

The second reason, slavery that was considered as part of social order, was regulated by Islam under a system called mukatabah that was mentioned in surat an-Nur, aya 33 where Allah SWT says: “And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them; yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you.”

The aforementioned aya contains three things:

1) it was the right of every slave to buy his freedom through entering into a contract with his master;

2) it was incumbent upon the master to accept the contract, therefore accepting his freedom;

3) and it was the obligation of the society to provide the money needed for such freedom purchase, and this is the meaning of “give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you”.

Therefore, I need to express two reservations in this regard:

1. The Qur’an ideal on this issue was lost and was not applied properly in Muslim societies. Unfortunately, some Muslim societies followed the pre-Islamic customs of taking prisoners of war as slaves and had forsaken the teachings of the Qur’an. (Like those in Sudan you mentioned, Not to forget Christendom had far more slaves than those of Islamic countries)

2. Some fuqaha have interpreted the command to buy freedom for slaves (mukatabah) as non-binding for the master, even though this interpretation is against the explicit imperative command of the Qur’an and the hadith mentioned in sahih al-Bukhari that Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, used to lash those masters who didn’t accept mukatabah and he would force them to do it.

http://www.islamonline.net/livedialogue ... tID=2d8IJu

Some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in ... ted_States

Evidence of slavery predates written records, and has existed in many cultures.[9] Slavery is rare among Hunter gatherer populations, as slavery depends on a system of social stratification. Slavery also requires economic surpluses and a high population density to be viable. Due to these factors, the practice of slavery would have only proliferated after the invention of agriculture during the Neolithic revolution about 11,000 years ago.[10] The earliest records of slavery can be traced to the Code of Hammurabi (ca. 1760 BC), and the Bible refers to it as an established institution.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 28, 2010 3:13 pm » by Proto

Historically, the major juristic schools of Islam traditionally accepted the institution of slavery.[1] Muhammad and many of his companions bought, sold, freed, and captured slaves. Slaves benefited from Islamic dispensations which improved their situation relative to that in pre-Islamic society.[1] At the end of the 19th century, a shift in Muslim thought and interpretation of the Qur'an occurred, and slavery became seen as opposed to Islamic principles of justice and equality.[2] This interpretation has not been accepted by the Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia.[3]

In Islamic law the topic of slavery is covered at great length.[1] The Qur'an, the holy book, and the hadith, the sayings of Muhammad, see slavery as an exceptional condition that can be entered into under certain limited circumstances.[3] Only children of slaves or non-Muslim prisoners of war could become slaves, never a freeborn Muslim.[4] They also consider manumission of a slave to be one of many meritorious deeds available for the expiation of sins.[5] According to Sharia, slaves are considered human beings and possessed of some rights on the basis of their humanity. In addition, a Muslim slave is equal to a Muslim freeman in religious issues and superior to the free non-Muslim.[6]

In practice, slaves played various social and economic roles from Emir to worker. Slaves were widely employed in irrigation, mining, pastoralism and the army. Even some rulers relied on military and administrative slaves to such a degree that they seized power. However, people do not always treat with slaves in accordance with Islamic law. In some cases the situation has been so harsh as to have led to uprisings such as Zanj Rebellion.[7] For a variety of reasons, internal growth of the slave population was not enough to fulfill the demand in Muslim society. This resulted in massive importation, which involved enormous suffering and loss of life from the capture and transportation of slaves from non-Muslim lands.[8] In theory, slavery in Islamic law does not have a racial or color component, although this has not always been the case in practice.[9]

The Arab slave trade was most active in West Asia, North Africa and East Africa. By the end of the 19th century, such activity had reached a low ebb. In the early 20th century (post World War I) slavery was gradually outlawed and suppressed in Muslim lands, largely due to pressure exerted by Western nations such as Britain and France.[3] However, slavery claiming the sanction of Islam is documented presently in the African republics of Chad, Mauritania, Niger, Mali and Sudan.[10][11][12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_slavery

PostThu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm » by Enlightenment99

So slavery is bad when it comes to Muslims? What about slavery in the west ? Europe and most recently United States ?

Slavery in the United States lasted as a legal institution until the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1865.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in ... ted_States

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 28, 2010 8:41 pm » by Proto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_slavery wrote: However, slavery claiming the sanction of Islam is documented presently in the African republics of Chad, Mauritania, Niger, Mali and Sudan.[10][11][12]

PostFri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 am » by Griffex

enlightenment99 wrote.
So slavery is bad when it comes to Muslims? What about slavery in the west ? Europe and most recently United States ?

Slavery is wrong period!

The majority of white people of European descent whose nations were involved in the slave trade, have a deep regret and even a feeling of guilt about what happened.

We are taught about the evil of slavery at school. We make films and TV documentaries about the suffering we inflicted on the African people. And we have made laws to ban the practice and tried our best to convince others it is wrong.

I have come across this topic many times in forums, and I am yet to find a Muslim who will say that the Islamic slave trade was and is wrong.

Mohammad was a slave trader.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=islam+and+slavery&search_type=&aq=f