MY LIFE HAS VALUE!

Writer

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 pm » by Srananblanko

"Network" (1976) - Howard Beale is 'Mad as Hell'

It is funny how sometimes you can find video material from decades ago and it does make more sense now then it probably was 35 years ago..

Anyway, the message in this footage is even more true today! Enjoy the vid!

Upload to Disclose.tv

VIDEO TRANSCRIPT BELOW

Program Director: Take 2, cue Howard.

Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

" I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 7:57 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

dam this is a good writing

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 7:59 pm » by Mozi!!a

its veeeeeeeery gooooooood :flop: :flop:

srananblanko :cheers: :cheers:

Writer

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 pm » by Srananblanko

THANKS! :owned:

Initiate

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:23 pm » by Doguedaze

@ naught good luck to you

peace :wink:
Last edited by Doguedaze on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:24 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

i think a lot of people feeling the same shit in the same way
Last edited by Freeyourmindnow on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:29 pm » by Mushroom

naught wrote:Holy fuck! I needed this. I was saying this morning I might need to see a doctor for my depression. Since my mom died I have been fucked in the head. I went from making 130 000 dollars a year to none. At one point my hate for life was so big I lost my morals and went through a stage where I was dealing fucking crack. I used to work out and enjoyed the outdoors. Now I sit in my house wishing for the end of the world. I got so drunk yesterday I remember nothing. 30 fucking years old and I drink like a teenager at a fricking house party. I have never thought of killing myself before but I now see how people could do it. I once had ambition now I have depression....................................But instead of giving up like I was about to I am going to live my life again. I am mad as hell at myself and now I am going to fix it. I might not be around so much anymore. Today I decided to fight my hate with love PEACE Fuckers :dancing:

Dealing crack also lowers the value of other peoples lives. I'm glad this is in your past.
As for everything else.. time is a great healer. Good luck.

Writer

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:31 pm » by Srananblanko

naught wrote:Holy fuck! I needed this. I was saying this morning I might need to see a doctor for my depression. Since my mom died I have been fucked in the head. I went from making 130 000 dollars a year to none. At one point my hate for life was so big I lost my morals and went through a stage where I was dealing fucking crack. I used to work out and enjoyed the outdoors. Now I sit in my house wishing for the end of the world. I got so drunk yesterday I remember nothing. 30 fucking years old and I drink like a teenager at a fricking house party. I have never thought of killing myself before but I now see how people could do it. I once had ambition now I have depression....................................But instead of giving up like I was about to I am going to live my life again. I am mad as hell at myself and now I am going to fix it. I might not be around so much anymore. Today I decided to fight my hate with love PEACE Fuckers :dancing:

Good luck to you my friend! Choose only positive!

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 pm » by Electrobadgr

Upload to Disclose.tv

you might appreciate this :flop:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 pm » by Lilith

"this video is not available"

Next