My little brain fart of the day

Initiate

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 3:18 am » by Minihaha

:badair: It just jumped into my head that, well, it's always been depicted that a student brings an apple to school for the teacher. My feeble mind just made the connection to the apple=knowledge thing in the bible. Also that whenever this dipiction origionated, it would have also been well known that it was an offering (illuminated) in hope of a benefit of good grades? And what is a grade, in my mind grade is a terminology used in construction. And I guess education is a construction of sorts. Any hoo, hope everyone is well, if anyone has any brain farts of their own, please add on! :sunny:

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 4:06 am » by 99socks

lol

Giving an apple to a teacher is also the origin for the term "apple-polisher," which was first recorded in the late 1920s. Apple-polishers, also referred to as bootlickers or toadies (among other, even worse nicknames), aren't always favorably looked upon by other students. We suggest hanging onto the fruit, and using it to keep certain health professionals at bay.

The apple is not a symbol of the teacher directly but of the knowledge the teacher imparts to the students.

Apples have been considered a symbol of knowledge mainly due to the common belief that it was an apple that Eve pulled from the forbidden tree of knowledge to give to Adam.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 4:16 am » by Zer0

I think they should go back to guys only having guy-only classes with male teachers and vice-versa for the girls...

Its really hard to learn Quantum Mechanics when there is a hot slut sitting next to me..

That`s my brain fart.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 4:33 am » by Minihaha

Wow thanks for the Tom Waits, 99socks, that was beautiful, I never saw that before but I love Tom Waits! I must look into this Charles Bukowski fellow.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 am » by 99socks

zaff4444 wrote:
otoel wrote:I think they should go back to guys only having guy-only classes with male teachers and vice-versa for the girls...

Its really hard to learn Quantum Mechanics when there is a hot slut sitting next to me..

That`s my brain fart.

Dtv mods should ban you,for using someone's pic for your dtv profile avatar.

You mean, using someone else's avatar? Because even you are using someone else's pic! :D
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Initiate

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 am » by Baboogdi

Here's a good primer on Bukowski's quotes...

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/ ... s_Bukowski

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 5:28 am » by 99socks

zaff4444 wrote:Im using a movie characters pic,not a real life pic and my avatar you cant see the face,anyway why are you defending a sick fuck like oto?

Who says I'm defending him? I'm just putting things in perspective.

Besides.. go check out his signature on Skype... lol...

Initiate

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 6:19 am » by Chickamaka

I raised rabbits when I was in school. The teacher always wondered why I gave her rasinets.
Our people are not gone they are merely lost, they cannot find their path forward because they do not know where they have come from.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 3:22 pm » by Poooooot

chickamaka wrote:I raised rabbits when I was in school. The teacher always wondered why I gave her rasinets.

ewww :vomit: :lol:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Next