My Only Friend ... The End?

PostSat May 23, 2009 4:56 am » by Cptstrobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99UQfzceiI

Lately I have been ruminating over the whereabouts of dead rock stars (as usual) and have come to points of particular intrigue. I hope that you faithful forum members might provide relief.

My father, as fathers go, is a nut--not wanting to drag you into personal history, but you see I am hopelessly wracked with a psychological/intellectual bent--my father has little significant taste in music, but once in his youth and in the American Naval Force discerned or decided a great affinity for the music of The Doors and the mystique of Jim Morrison. 20 years later, tattoos, posters, toys, reunion concerts, etc.

So you see I have taken to musing over the workings of man, tropism, symbiosis, ontology, onanism. I have been wondering if anyone has heard the theory that Jim Morrison--as well and Jimi Hendrix--and others!--were possessed by demons, hence their fascination with the darker side of things, and making unspiritually uplifting music for the purpose of seeing a bunch of people jive about for no reason.

Maybe its smugness but I feel like I've opened a lot of "doors" in my life and found infinitudes more meaning than I've ever found in the surviving art and ideals of the 60's and 70's. This may be a case of evolution of the universal consciousness, or maybe just personal unchecked mental meanderings. Macro, Micro, whatever, I would love your feedback!

Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 6:25 am » by Clawspiracy

Jim Morrison--as well and Jimi Hendrix--and others!--were possessed by demons, hence their fascination with the darker side of things, and making unspiritually uplifting music for the purpose of seeing a bunch of people jive about for no reason.

unspiritually uplifting?

I find that some of this music actually opens up your senses beyond the "I Love you, Baby..." stuff that otherwise dominates the era in question. What you have to understand is that the 1960s were a time of great upheaval. The youth weren't taking shit from anyone. They were seeking their own spiritual answers, creating alternate lifestyles, sexually liberating themselves... and the dark side of life was a way or being rebellious against society. Most of the separatism that is taught today is a reaction to this. This is why the youth is being dumbed down... They (PTB) never want this to happen again, especially now... I don't think demons had much to do with it, unless the demons were internal and personal for these artists.
It's a Clawspiracy...

PostSat May 23, 2009 6:38 am » by Hesop

Might it appear, that something transpired during this period of time, made known to only a select few? Receiving extended talent, stardom, and fame for their cooperation in fulfilling certain roles that would help shape the destinies of future generations?

Nah, probably not, but ever listen to the words in Zepplins music?

Led Zeppelin » Kashmir Lyrics
Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/josepobre/?action=view&current=00kashmir.flv

Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 9:09 am » by Drextin

Jim was possessed by demons.........drugs, alcohol, women, fame, childhood problems......

Jim was a highly sensitive man who had to indulge in certain vices just to be able to live in the world that he created with his talent.

I've yet to see anyone with lyrics that convey the thoughts and feelings he had.......he was unique.

I do find it interesting that Jim had many problems with his father, a high ranking naval officer, and you with yours also a a man who was in the navy.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 9:21 am » by Clawspiracy

Led Zeppelin » Kashmir Lyrics
Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed

Mysticism was to Jimmy Page and his clan what Satanism is to someone like Marilyn Manson or Nine Inch Nails: Imagery to use to piss off the parents. Whether they truly understood the meaning is something else.
It's a Clawspiracy...

PostSat May 23, 2009 6:26 pm » by Cptstrobe

I believe in super-conscious awareness, becoming a conduit for the source energy, plugging-in to the universal mind ... but can demonic possession ever fit into the equation?

I was watching a video by Michael Tsarion on youtube under the user Mtsar that has since been removed. It was a full documentary but labeled as "excerpts", and he went into the dead rock star thing, Sun King worship he called it. And then the sacrifice, or fall of the Sun King--all planned perhaps by the shadow government. He mentioned the later days of Elvis and all of the sun imagery used during that time. Then he mentioned Jimi and Jim--and I think maybe one other?--in passing.

I connected this to the orgiastic music, the raucous excessive saturnalian aspects, Morrison's utopia of night, and talking about that "something inside" of his head talking for him, making his music, and he perhaps just thinking its just part of the shamanic experience. Then stories of meeting entities, a dead indian ghost jumping into his body, all things we take for allegory or perceptions of the personal reality, or perhaps something concocted to give oneself an air of mystery, or to incite something with society.

Then there is the story of Jimi Hendrix crying in front of the mirror because he was possessed, as told by his "live-in g/f"
--and them both drinking copious amounts of alcohol in order to silence it. I guess it could all be chalked up to too much LSD and all of that, but the fruits of that time just seem to be rotted before they were ever ripe

Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 6:52 pm » by Eaganthorn

cptstrobe wrote:Then there is the story of Jimi Hendrix crying in front of the mirror because he was possessed, as told by his "live-in g/f"
--and them both drinking copious amounts of alcohol in order to silence it. I guess it could all be chalked up to too much LSD and all of that, but the fruits of that time just seem to be rotted before they were ever ripe

Similar stories for Jimmy Page and Peter Fonda, but now look at them both aged and creating children’s coloring books. Singing songs about the “little engine that could”.

I know it is hard for someone to understand what was going on in the world back then if you didn’t live it. It was simply the times, my friend, the times.

Lots of new found freedoms, lots of money, lots of drugs, and lots of time, all with no preparation or guidance of how to deal with these things, some good people lost their way and paid the ultimate price. Some of us pulled through.
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Master Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 7:09 pm » by Cornbread714

People haven't been dancing around doing drugs for thousands of years for no reason.
You can go to lots of places with the right beats and compounds.
I've witnessed first-hand a Haitian voodoo ritual band perform (sans the actual ritual), man, that music affects you immediately, and it's the same when you see someone like Burning Spear, or Muddy Waters, or even the Grateful Dead (all of whom I've seen in person, and the list goes on and on).
Great musicians are able to channel something - that something being hard to define. I've seen it manifest in light and dark ways. I'm not saying they are "possessed", per se, maybe they are just channeling collective crowd energy and transforming it into archetypal information that is experienced on a subconscious level, blah blah blah...

As Bob Marley said:
"He who feels it, knows it"
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 7:33 pm » by Eaganthorn

cornbread714 wrote:People haven't been dancing around doing drugs for thousands of years for no reason.

#1 reason, its fun
#2 reason, the ladies like to dance, I like the ladies, refer to reason #1
#3 reason, the ladies like the drugs, I like the ladies, refer to reason #1
What more reason does a person need?
Now don’t get me wrong, music moves me, I get caught up in a good vibe as easily as the next, but the real underlying reason I love music, it makes the ladies move the way I likes to see ‘em move.

Damn it, Cornbread, I’ve got to get out more!!
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Master Conspirator

PostSat May 23, 2009 7:49 pm » by Cornbread714

eaganthorn wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:People haven't been dancing around doing drugs for thousands of years for no reason.

#1 reason, its fun
#2 reason, the ladies like to dance, I like the ladies, refer to reason #1
#3 reason, the ladies like the drugs, I like the ladies, refer to reason #1
What more reason does a person need?
Now don’t get me wrong, music moves me, I get caught up in a good vibe as easily as the next, but the real underlying reason I love music, it makes the ladies move the way I likes to see ‘em move.

Damn it, Cornbread, I’ve got to get out more!!

Cheers, Eagan! Give us a good Rock and Roll story. I know you've got some good ones...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Next