My phone is recording pictures not taken by me?

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm » by Toxic32

I just created a new folder on my computer and transferred about two hundred picture I had stored on my mobile phone. I have just opened the folder to delete the crap I don't want to keep. To my astonishment I found around 100 of the pictures were not taken by me and were for the most part very small and low quality png files of about 90 pixels and others were tiny JPG pictures covering a range of unrelated people, places and things. Looking at the details of the files they were all taken at the same time on the 10th Nov 2013 at 11.53 am, some are jpg files taken with a 35m camera and some are vector images of computer buttons you might use when setting up a web page. I don't own a 35m camera. I have no idea how these images got on my phone. I know it was a new folder as the computer wont allow you to use the a name for a folder that already exists. The 35m jpg seem to be news related in some way. There is a picture of the pope, tanks, basket ball, they are all very tiny images, there is also head and shoulders shots of people I don't recognize.

Has this happened to anybody else? My phone is an HTC Desire.
Invictus maneo

Writer

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 pm » by opekalimo

This can Probably the Album Art of your Music or it can be some virus...

Think back and try to remember where you attached your cellphone the last time.

Toxic32 wrote:I just created a new folder on my computer and transferred about two hundred picture I had stored on my mobile phone. I have just opened the folder to delete the crap I don't want to keep. To my astonishment I found around 100 of the pictures were not taken by me and were for the most part very small and low quality png files of about 90 pixels and others were tiny JPG pictures covering a range of unrelated people, places and things. Looking at the details of the files they were all taken at the same time on the 10th Nov 2013 at 11.53 am, some are jpg files taken with a 35m camera and some are vector images of computer buttons you might use when setting up a web page. I don't own a 35m camera. I have no idea how these images got on my phone. I know it was a new folder as the computer wont allow you to use the a name for a folder that already exists. The 35m jpg seem to be news related in some way. There is a picture of the pope, tanks, basket ball, they are all very tiny images, there is also head and shoulders shots of people I don't recognize.

Has this happened to anybody else? My phone is an HTC Desire.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:32 pm » by mediasorcery

think its nothing to worry bout toxics,

i seen some chitty folder on mine too like that, pretty sure.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 2:55 pm » by pushtone

is it a modern phone - do you connect to the internet ?

:wink:
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 1:33 am » by RATRODROB

could it be that you had Bluetooth enabled and were close to someone else who had Bluetooth enabled aswell.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Initiate

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 2:34 am » by OtheklzeR

WARREZ now commin to your smart phone!!
one should ask (are you remotely connected to
torrent on primary computer?

you have been enlisted into the annonanus army by conscript

look also for files that use poly linguistic encoding
two words hebrew , two words japanese to words russian

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 am » by Flecktarn

Mine seems to get full of pics of naked women ,not that I'm complaning
ImageImage

Initiate

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 am » by pushtone

Even when we're not using our phones, they are still sending and receiving data. MWR's kit counted 35,000 packets flowing in and out of the phone in just 45 minutes when it wasn't in use.

http://www.channel4.com/news/phone-mobile-data-24-hours-apps-security-secret

- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.