My Theories so far!!

Initiate

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 am » by Pennylane

Hello all, I have two new theories I have been thinking about recently (brief):

1. Hallucenagenic drugs sich as lcd is a taste of what the afterlife is like. Apparently the part of the brain that controls who we are, what we are and existing is turned of when high on this drug. So surely when we die the whole brain is switched off. Perhaps the brain is imprisoning our existence until death??

2. The theory of increasing intelligence. As time has gone on, organisms have increased in intelligence and hence the world has increased in information. A microbe only needs heat, nutrients etc. and it has no eyes, so did the earth as we know it have to exist billions of years ago? Space is expanding, we are finding new planets/stars all the time. Are we creating these our selves, simply by observing them? Did a fish need to know what life was like outside of the ocean, until it gazed out and eventually crawled onto land.

please tell me your opinions on these theories

Initiate

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 am » by Samael

My opinion on only number one; everyone at some point in their life should take the "trip." That is to say, everyone should experience some sort of ego death prior to actual death, and should experience perception outside of reality. These things allow us to reassess our lives, and to reflect on our transient existence leading towards the reevaluation of those trivialities that dominate our limited time.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 am » by Otomon

pennylane wrote:Hello all, I have two new theories I have been thinking about recently (brief):

1. Hallucenagenic drugs sich as lcd is a taste of what the afterlife is like. Apparently the part of the brain that controls who we are, what we are and existing is turned of when high on this drug. So surely when we die the whole brain is switched off. Perhaps the brain is imprisoning our existence until death??

Keep doing those drugs for the full meal of what the afterlife is like,dumbass.

pennylane wrote:2. The theory of increasing intelligence. As time has gone on, organisms have increased in intelligence and hence the world has increased in information. A microbe only needs heat, nutrients etc. and it has no eyes, so did the earth as we know it have to exist billions of years ago? Space is expanding, we are finding new planets/stars all the time. Are we creating these our selves, simply by observing them? Did a fish need to know what life was like outside of the ocean, until it gazed out and eventually crawled onto land.

I personally don't think that there is an actual Galaxy out there, I think it was all made up to make us feel more lonely, think about it... the more we explore the more we realize that there is this huge vacuum out there and we represent a grain of sand within it.

Its all a lie IMO.

But yeah when people start expanding their knowledge and sharing it evenly amonst the race.. thats when we advance, thats what the internet did for us, it alllowed people to obtain data rather quicly, and thus our technological advances should increase exponentially.
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Initiate

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 3:09 am » by Stratafire

Well involving number 1 option.. you become "weak minded" if you need external assistance to reach the same state (still have a lot to learn IMHO if a drug gets you to the same level) ..

Monks spend their entire life getting to the state "without" the assistance of drugs such as LSD and other forms of psychotropics, and can do repeat performances the more they practice it..

I prefer "will power" over a drug, since I "earned" the road taken, shortcuts only destroy you in the long run...

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 4:10 am » by E6722maj

1 maybe acid does offer an insight into the afterlife, or maybe it's all created by our mind, using mechanisms which are normally dormant, and are awakened by acid, peyote, shrooms or whatever. it's a fascinating area.

2 i see intelligence only decreasing.

:alien:
whatever

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 am » by Noetic

patent pending lol

Initiate

PostMon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 am » by Pennylane

just for the record I dont do lcd, I just find it interesting that a drug can alter your mind so much. space does exist because you can see stars in the sky.......

I bloody love that song!

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 am » by Anuki

pennylane wrote:Hello all, I have two new theories I have been thinking about recently (brief):

1. Apparently the part of the brain that controls who we are, what we are and existing is turned of when high on this drug. So surely when we die the whole brain is switched off. Perhaps the brain is imprisoning our existence until death??

:flop:

could be true....

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.
[youtube]UyyjU8fzEYU&feature[/youtube]

:wink:

Writer

PostMon Jan 24, 2011 2:32 am » by armageddonangel

2. The theory of increasing intelligence. As time has gone on, organisms have increased in intelligence and hence the world has increased in information. A microbe only needs heat, nutrients etc. and it has no eyes, so did the earth as we know it have to exist billions of years ago? Space is expanding, we are finding new planets/stars all the time. Are we creating these our selves, simply by observing them? Did a fish need to know what life was like outside of the ocean, until it gazed out and eventually crawled onto land.

I believe...

Upon passing away, the mind goes through chemical changes, which allows the body to experience a final calm. Sometimes it lets us die peacefully. The ancient experience has been the same since we evolved into Homo sapiens. It may be experienced by every form of life on the planet; possibly in the Universe. This is a chemical high that the mind and body produces as a defense mechanism; which some of our cultures mistakenly concluded to be the destination of, or the pathway leading to, “Heaven”.

Hell is likely a similar experience, with the thought of guilt or panic added to the equation. Similar to, or precisely like a psychedelic hallucination, it can head either way, depending solely on the disposition of the individual at the time of the event. This is one of many reasons we should all lead lives that we’re proud of.The last think you want upon death bed is:Regret, Guilt, Fear, or Shame.
Read more @ http://armageddon.2truth.com

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 24, 2011 2:32 am » by Epicfailure

samael wrote:My opinion on only number one; everyone at some point in their life should take the "trip." That is to say, everyone should experience some sort of ego death prior to actual death, and should experience perception outside of reality. These things allow us to reassess our lives, and to reflect on our transient existence leading towards the reevaluation of those trivialities that dominate our limited time.

Very well established and said!

I couldn't agree more in a more perfect way.