Mysterious smell envelops Tel Aviv and central Israel

Super Moderator

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm » by domdabears

May 3, 2012 - Residents of Tel Aviv, Gush Dan and central Israel complained Thursday morning of a harsh chemical substance that could be felt in the air.

Many folks described the smell as similar to the smell of chlorine. Initially, the Home Front Command believed the resource of the smell could be gas drilling near Nitzanim in southern Israel. However, the claims have been proven wrong. No special directions have been given to the residents, as the Ministry of the Environment stated that no hazardous substances had been detected. Residents who attempted to phone the Tel Aviv Municipality to complain received an automated message according to which professionals were checking the problem of an “unknown smell,” and that there is “no need to have to report it, as media outlets will update all through the day.

Article and more links in the the DTV blog http://www.disclose.tv/news/Mysterious_ ... rael/84941

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:37 pm » by Proto

Weird shit ,still no conformation of what was the source of the smell .

Strong odor wafts through central Israel's air

Stench triggers outpour of complaints;

Residents of central Israel reported a foul smell wafting in the air Thursday morning.

A resident described the odor as "the smell of poison, a chemical smell, similar to that of pesticide."

"Are we under a chemical attack? The smell lingers in the air. I am throwing up and having trouble breathing," she added.

Ran Biton, an environmental consultant working in southern Tel Aviv, said the smell resembled the odor of bromine or chlorine.

"This is an unusual incident," he said. "A high concentration of this substance could be dangerous."

The two residents called the municipality but were told that the origin of the stench was unknown.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 95,00.html

Super Moderator

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm » by domdabears

Crazy shit.

Is it a fact that everyone there owns a gas mask? I heard everyone has one.

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:46 pm » by Proto

Yep ,at least everyone suppose to have one .
every couple of years you suppose to come and return
the old one and take a new kit instead,but i didn't take new
one since 1992 or something ,actually I'm pretty sure i thrown the old
one as well .

Super Moderator

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:50 pm » by domdabears

I wanna get one just for the hell of it. I was looking into this package here. I would want better filters though.

This one is perfect, since there's 2 adults and 2 kids in my house. http://www.amazon.com/Gas-Mask-Family-K ... B007JNIHS8

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:59 pm » by Proto

lol ,didn't know IDF was selling kits on amazon .

Gas Mask Family Kit - 2 Adult + 2 Children Gas Mask w/ Original Sealed Type 80 Filter,
by IDF - Israeli Defense Force

$79.95 , seems not bad for a whole family kit

Yeah for kids it's a different matter but for myself I'm willing to
take the chance .
even when Iraqis missiles were falling hundreds of meters near me
in the 90's i felt ridiculous wearing this mask .

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm » by Harbin

Gas masks will not be enough.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm » by Proto

Keep dreaming harbi .

TA odor complaints cease; cause still unknown
http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Artic ... ?id=268603

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm » by Savwafair2012

Letters from Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, released in a de-classified report today, show that top al-Qaida leadership debated the use of chlorine gas in terrorist attacks.

The release of the letters coincides with reports of a strong chlorine smell in Tel Aviv, Israel, sparking fears of a chemical-based attack. Israeli officials have not identified the source of the smell, but do not believe the amount of chlorine in the area is a significant danger.

Dated March 28, 2007, the letter about using chlorine gas was written by an unnamed person "of Egyptian origin" to a legal scholar associated with bin Laden, according to the scholars at the Combating Terrorism Center (CTC).

"We need guidance from you on the issue of using chlorine gas technology," he wrote to bin Laden's legal scholar, Hafiz Sultan, in the wake of chlorine gas attacks in Iraq that sickened hundreds of people, including Iraqis. The author, who CTC says "appears not to support" using chlorine gas because of the collateral damage, told Sultan that other al-Qaida affiliates have debated using chlorine gas on "the forces of the apostates."

The author put a hold on this tactic pending approval from bin Laden's compound.

"I informed them that matters as serious as this required centralized [coordination] and permission from the senior [al-Qa'ida] leadership, because the gas could be difficult to control and might harm some people, which could tarnish our image, alienate people from us, and so on."

You can read the full letter below.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/92251211/SOCO ... 0011-Trans
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm » by Flecktarn

chlorine gas is a easy to obtain weapon ,it was used in ww1 and almost every country still owns stocks of it ,if they admit it or not ,,
any reports yet of sore throats etc ..
keep safe proto and zin
ImageImage

Next