Mystery Cross on Mars

Initiate

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:05 pm » by Spikey

Thanks for posting the original image OP.

Very odd.

The NASA blurb says the image was taken by the rover made up of multiple images 'stitched' together.

They are saying the rover managed to take images of itself from relective surfaces on the rover, iow, it took images bounced off mirrored surfaces on the rover itself, a little like us taking an image of ourselves looking in a mirror.

This is going to be how this image is disputed...they will say the white tower with a cross at the top is just part of the rover reflected into the composite image...not saying this is what the tower is, but i'm betting that's what they'll say.

OP, just so we can be sure of the events...are you saying you definitely did NOT delete the image from the NON-NASA link you provided?

If you did not, who else has access to your upload account? Anyone else in you home likely to have deleted the image?

I ask, because if it can be proven that an 'agency' hacked into your account and deleted the image....there may be a digital trail back to whoever did...which would add plenty of weight to a conspiracy involving NASA and 'other agencies'.

Cheers again.

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:21 pm » by Aragajag

Definitely a lower case t

Initiate

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:35 pm » by Spikey

If it's actually there, and not an optical anomaly of some sort...i'm going with a surviving support strut and tower system for anchoring down a huge glass dome that perhaps used to cover the crater.

If it's an anchor for the bottom of a dome, there would have been many of these ringing around the lip of the crater.

What's interesting in this hypothesis, is there are images of other examples of these towers around craters on the moon, especially around Copernicus crater.
Last edited by Spikey on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:36 pm » by Martin_Fernandez

I strongly assure you that I never removed given sources. Their disappearance surprised me because they broke no rules.

Apart from me, no one has access to my PC.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm » by Spikey

Thanks Martin.

That's very strange in and of itself.

Any 'techkies' reading who are able to analyse a possible digital trail to hunt down who actually deleted the image?

It might not be that easy, but worth a try for someone who knows about these things?

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:48 pm » by Blotto

nothing to see here, its just a prop left over from the filming of john carter, same as the chewing gum wrapper the rover found, messy so and so's these film crews. you would think they would have cleaned up after themselves, before they caught the shuttle back.

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 pm » by Doogle

Blotto wrote:nothing to see here, its just a prop left over from the filming of john carter, same as the chewing gum wrapper the rover found, messy so and so's these film crews. you would think they would have cleaned up after themselves, before they caught the shuttle back.

:lol: Pesky off world fleet.

Get the beer in and pull up a seat, we bring you project Bluebeam.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 5:05 pm » by *WillEase*

Muchtyman wrote:
WillEase666 wrote:
Dutchies wrote:WeTransfer link: http://wtrns.fr/7VK87805fnZvAg

Hope it will work

OK...this is damn odd. :headscratch:

............................................................. :lol:

Sorry to have doubted you.
I used what information was available at the time. :cheers:
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm » by Blotto

has anyone measured the dimensions of the cross. i don't think its the messiah, its probably just a very naughty boy.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 5:28 pm » by Knownawareness

I made this quick video from the Original posted for download I cut a section out and used Premiere Pro to invert the channels.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Knownawareness

PreviousNext