Myth and Conspiracy in the Land of the Pharaohs

Initiate

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 1:00 am » by Anse777

i've always thought they might have used the great pyramid to try flying some sort of primitive glider or plane.i mean before the capstone was put on.also with a smooth side could you imagine sliding down it.maybe they took captives to the top and slid them down.i'm sure they would be pretty messed up after hitting the bottom.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 am » by Cornbread714

anse777 wrote:i've always thought they might have used the great pyramid to try flying some sort of primitive glider or plane.i mean before the capstone was put on.also with a smooth side could you imagine sliding down it.maybe they took captives to the top and slid them down.i'm sure they would be pretty messed up after hitting the bottom.

Good theories!
Whoever built them, I hope they were getting Union wages + overtime, cause they were obviously some hard-working mofos.
You don't build no damn pyramids by taking a lot of coffee breaks.
No sir! :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 1:29 am » by Kyo121

considering even with our current tech only 2 cranes in the world could even life some of those stones, the thought of a few dozen slave dragging that block up the side of the pyramid is ridiculous.....

and before weather or thieves made off with it the pyramid use to have a covering made of gold or some other shiny materials that would've let you see it miles away in the sun.

and for the hall of record thing didn't we have a thread on that somewhere? supposedly the chambers were found already but no means to enter them without the fear of breaking the pyramid or sphinx....that's a thought eh? stood for thousands of years to be broken down by a few archeologist with a drill.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 am » by Cornbread714

kyo121 wrote:considering even with our current tech only 2 cranes in the world could even life some of those stones, the thought of a few dozen slave dragging that block up the side of the pyramid is ridiculous.....

and before weather or thieves made off with it the pyramid use to have a covering made of gold or some other shiny materials that would've let you see it miles away in the sun.

and for the hall of record thing didn't we have a thread on that somewhere? supposedly the chambers were found already but no means to enter them without the fear of breaking the pyramid or sphinx....that's a thought eh? stood for thousands of years to be broken down by a few archeologist with a drill.

I'd hate to be the guy that broke the pyramids ( unless I could get away with it scot-free).
I'll bet though, anything you might find in the hall of records is probably warped and scratched, with illegible liner notes. Many of those records might even be 78 rpm. Tell me, who has that technology now? :?:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)